1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Celtic v Dundee United Match Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by PaulM1888, May 11, 2009.

Discuss Official Celtic v Dundee United Match Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. GlasgowTim

Fav Celtic Song:
    Bold Fenian Men
    richard goth is fulla make up...hartson is at least keepin it real with his red face...

p.s. booth was a * * tonight

2. gunt

and Artur was good too, He has looked back to his best in the last few weeks

3. micko76

just need Hibs to get a result against the Orks tomorrow. Got my rosary beeds out, will be praying for a hibs win

4. squire_2

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scotty Broon & Aiden McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    We are so * fragile it's unreal. First half we were good then as soon as the second goal went in we were absolutely gash.

I was watching the Newcastle Middlesborough last night and the desire ripping right out of both sets of players was there right from the word go, and the atmosphere was incredible. That's the level of commitment we need to be seeing in our predicament, not the lackluster attitude showed by our players for much of the game tonight if we want to win this title.

Don't get me wrong am absolutely delighted with the 3 points but we could so easily have thrown the points and the league away tonight, what the * is happening? Do the players understand how much this means to people?

5. Reno.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I would say we got the worst of the other 4 over with now. I'm quietly confident for Aberdeen to do them again like they did last season, if Utd don't do it. One of them will hold them to a draw at any rate.

Also I'm sure that every goal Loovens has scored has been with his head.

6. ARMALITE

:50: All summed up correctly.

7. Johnnybhoy

Loovens and caldwell kept us in it, 2 great performances. That fella robertson caused big problems on the wing forus. Were still going to have to improve on sunday aginst hibs.

saying that that result today should spur thee team on big time. well grinded out result.

8. Green And White

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youl never walk alone.
    Im going to have 10 seconds of nerves tomorrow when i click on the Hibs vs Rangers discussion to either see "Cmon bhoys back on top!" or "* SAKE!"

9. ARMALITE

:50:
    You are correct, and did you see the stretch of his body to reach for it. Cracker

10. celticfc482

im confident we would of beat rangers with that team, the thing we were lacking was browns driving force, he got forward alot today, we need a couple of very good CMs now

11. DanniGhirl

I think they do - they looked so nervous after Utd scored because they knew the pressure they were under to win.

12. meekylarsson

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Drunken Duncan
    cant believe how many times mcdonald was caught offside tonight, usual, its basic stuff.

also we played so much better wae samaras and mcdonald, when vinegar came on we resorted to kickin it up to his head which wasnt working

13. david_trezeguet

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Rock on Rock all
    well done celtic, i thought dundee utd in the second half done superb and where unlucky not to get something. They will give rangers a tough time thank * we didnt have them a tanadice

14. squire_2

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scotty Broon & Aiden McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    That does not fill me with confidence one bit! I want composure not frailty.

15. WEEMAN7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky, Paul mcstay, Henrik larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 Leaf clover, Willie Maley
    Aye you could sense the nervousness in the players when dutd scored. But * it! Job done, they'll be more relaxed when the scum lose their next two!!! C'MON CELTIC

16. die_hard_bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields
    Boruc 8
    Naylor 4 (culpable first goal, couldn't control his flank in the second half)
    Loovens 8
    Caldwell 7.5
    Hinkel 7.5

Nakamura (first half) 8 (second half) 6.5, tired considerably and could have converted to put us at 3 = 7.5ish
    Brown- 9
    Crosas - 5.5 looked shaky and his passes were not of their usual quality
    Mcgeady- 9

McDonald- 6 caught offside too much and let his play tell of his frustration
    Sammarras- 8.5, great link up. bit lucky with the goal, but unlucky with the post, first touch still 50/50 on whether it'll be good or not

Hartley 7 - shored up the left a bit but gave the ball back needlessly a few times. he also seemed to be spinning tricks a bit more than usual on the ball (Hargeady?)
    JVOH- n/a not really on long enough. his usual grinding battling style though did help slow them down a bit.

17. zmcfc

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenrye, Celtic Symphony, LTPS
    A win was the most important thing. All we can do now is keep winning and hope Rangers slip up, which I think they will...

18. DanniGhirl

Agree mate, but as long as we win I'll take anything at this stage.

19. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

20. Richmal