1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Naka's delivery against Rangers

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Markie85, May 11, 2009.

Discuss Naka's delivery against Rangers in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Markie85

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I seen a thread on here saying Naka different class and i had a wee laugh to myself.

Anyone else think his delivery at corners and freekicks was *?

Maybe it was to do with the rain and with the ball being wet it was too heavy for his wee feeble legs!

If he'd put a few decent balls in the box we might have had more chance of scoring.:38:

2. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    His set pieces have not been of a good standard this season.

3. Martin

His delivery was truly atrocious on Saturday. Although in fairness he did get stuck in which I have criticised him for not doing in the past.

4. timthebhoy1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    His corners hit the first man at every opportunity. When he tried to get it past the 1st man he hit it far to hard.

5. green_t

Fav Celtic Player:
    Present - Boruc, Brown, McGeady : All Time - Larsson, McStay, Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    come on, enough of the negative * from the weekend please, we need to look forward now.

WE HAVE A LEAGUE TO WIN!!!!

6. Markie85

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing

Well if our wide men start puting in some decent balls we might score a few goals and have a CHANCE of winning the league! :31:

7. Ryan47

Fav Celtic Player:
    Caldwell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    His delivery was poor. But in saying that, if Davis didn't get lucky he'd have walked away with an assist. So it wasn't as poor as some make out.

We should have a catholic lad take the set-pieces though, then there'd be no problems.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2009
  8. Martin

Come on Messi, this is no time for *-stirring mate. Naka's delivery was dreadful on Saturday. It merits comment, whether he is Japanese, Irish or Scottish.

9. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon
    The worst thing is, although Naka's delivery is (rightly) commented on as being pish - at the weekend, AND before - if it was not him, it would have been Paul Hartley, who either fails to beat the front man, or pumps it out for a goal kick at the other * side. How hard can it be?! We have seen how dangerous set pieces can be....*, we've conceded enough from them this season, it's quite simply more opportunities lost that we can't afford.

10. DanniGhirl

His delivery was poor on Saturday but we didn't really have anyone else to take the set pieces.

11. Ryan47

Fav Celtic Player:
    Caldwell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Of course it merits comment. I've said his delivery was poor, but the criticism is over the top at times.

Look at McGeady, his delivery is * woeful and he's a * in the fans eyes. Wonder why, eh?

Maybe my Catholic comment was OTT but I definitely stand by my opinion that religion plays a big part in the opinion of some fans. You've seen it yourself in Strachan threads, people saying the next manager needs to be Irish.

12. Biffy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik, Brown, Aiden, Artur and Big Jan
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Willie Maley
    Honestly, I think Naka's delivery was awful, worse than McGeady, or most others have ever racked up in a match, and that's why this thread was made, nothing more.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2009
  13. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon
    This thread is about Naka and poor delivery, NOT about religion. Please keep it that way.

Danni's comment about who else to deliver is a fair one - thoughts? Robson is a big miss for me - his delivery can be * lethal.

14. Martin

I saw one person saying that the next manager should be Irish and then the guy pretty much seemed to retract it once challenged on it.

Re McGeady, his delivery is poor but I don't think he is bigged up re his delivery as Naka is, and that's what's disappointing, and surprising, about Naka on Saturday.

I think you make a fair point re religion/nationality. It can be a negative thing but at the same time I'm not going to lie, I like Irish/Scottish Celtic fans playing for Celtic (who will tend to be Catholic).

15. timthebhoy1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    If you cant handle peoples opinions you shouldnt be on a forum. My opinion is that you were talking *.

How would a Catholic boy hitting set-pieces be ok? Hartley hit some of the set pieces and he s getting it as well. Naka is known for his great delivery. It has been * over the last few weeks. On Sat it was * poor. So Religion has nowt to do with it.

16. DanniGhirl

Daver, I agree we miss Robson for his delivery, Hartley just doesn't do it and Naka/McGeady can be hit and miss.

Naka is excellent when on form, but atrocious with his deliveries when not.

17. gunt

I agree. Buddism and Shinto just do not have enough uplift. With that philosophy the ball would never clear the first man. Its all because those religions are earth bound with no heaven high up in the sky. Your spirit does not need to rise off the ground whereas we have to lift well over the height of a three man wall and up to heaven to the pearly gates and bluff our way passed the bouncer St. Peter:icon_mrgreen:

18. Harry Caray

Was horrible, struggles to get by the first man when hitting a corner :31:

19. greg2467

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Time: Lubo Present: Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Willy Maley
    His corners have been terrible lately.... Robsons delivery pre-injury was far better.

I still think that the guy is a class act though...

20. gunt

I do not begin to understand how Naka can go from the best deadball in the world to hitting the first man every time but we are actually blessed with some great deadball players. Remember that Maloney before he left was a * of a deadball man and in 'team 1' him and Naka used to alternate depending on the side. I was surprised that he didnt take the ones on the left on Saturday. Robson is good too. Hartely is less spectacular but he takes great corners.