1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

why no aiden

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by bertie pill, May 9, 2009.

Discuss why no aiden in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. BringItHome!CE

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    Agreed. The fact that a shot that grazed the post defines his performance from Maloneys says a lot.

2. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Ok, do you want to put what I said into context in future?

Its mickey mouse compared to UCL and the expectations of a club like Celtic. I'm sure small clubs would consider playing in the UEFA Cup 'an achievement'.

Are you trying to tell me that the rainfall for the match was average. Stop bullshitting.

I dont think I'm being harsh, his shot is the only thing thats saving him from being a waste of a substitution

3. Martin

It is in context. You call the UEFA Cup Micky Mouse and then cite Rangers reaching the final as an indicator of them being better than we think they are. Rangers aren't a small club.

A team that plays in Scotland should be able to cope with a wet pitch, that's not bullshit.

I do.

I cannot believe that you are defending a long ball strategy from WGS when you have been disparaging towards MON for using in your opinion the same strategy. (Maybe it rained less when MON was manager !)

4. timthebhoy1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Fair enuf I think

5. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

If you take a notch of his strength then I'll agree with you. Fairly average stats I'd say.

6. DanniGhirl

Have to agree with Dempsey here:

The UEFA cup is a Mickey Mouse cup nowadays although Rangers still used their tactics to great effect to get to the final, they managed to beat some decent teams on the way to the final but that doesn't stop it from being a mickey mouse tournament.

And Martin here:

We should be able to cope with rain in Scotland no matter how wet it is, it didn't look that bad until later on in the game when the ball was getting stuck in the numerous puddles.

And Dempsey here:

McGeady didn't do much when he came on apart from that one shot, would things have been different had he started and was on the pitch before conditions got so bad - we'll never know, what we do know is he was ineffective when he came on.

7. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Again, you take my comments out of context. Calling MON's tactics direct football isnt being disparaging, it calling a spade a spade.

Stop taking my comments out of context

8. green_t

Fav Celtic Player:
    Present - Boruc, Brown, McGeady : All Time - Larsson, McStay, Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I thought that too gunt, but do you think there is more to it than that, Aiden surely couldn't have been happy at being dropped for a half fit Maloney, GS obviously would drop him like a lead baloon as soon as Maloney is raring to go, maybe that thought had a bearing on his performance.

It was the wrong decision on saturday, pure and simple.

Dropping an in form player for a half fit returning managers favourite is doing nothing for McGeady's morale.

9. gary b

There has been a spirited defence of WGS's decision since Saturday and people are obviously entitled to their opinion.However,its inescapable that Maloney was clearly not match fit and struggled with the pace of the game.The Huns were also delighted that McGeady wasnt playing and it obviously gave them a boost when the teams were announced.

Incidentally,it wasnt the only poor selection on Saturday.Whatever way you look at it,Strachan got it totally wrong.