1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Premier reserves in SFL

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by netwebresearch, Nov 27, 2004.

Discuss Premier reserves in SFL in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. netwebresearch

In Spain the big clubs have reserve sides in the Spannish second divsion. Barcelona have a reserve side in the Spannish second divsion. This should be done in Scotland. At present the big clubs canlt play their youht players in eopyugh matches so dont develop enough youht players. By putting Celtic, Rnagers, Aberdee, Hibs, and Hearts reserves in the SFL. The teams could hjave a commercially risk free oppurtunity to pl;ay reseve players in every m,atch.
    If we see the point in loaning out players to loeer division clubs to develop them why not stick the whole lot in the lower divsion.
    Clubs can't be expected to loan out an entire youht side, and we canlt abn foreign playeras.
    Obviously the teams would be banned from promotion, and
    the top non reserve team would still be prmoted, as finnhsing second to Celtic and Rnagers reservwes is halrdy a sign youre not up to the premier.
    Obviously bring in restrictions to make it difficult for Celtic and Rangers to win the SFL, The teams would be mostly under 21.
    What other option is there for clubs to develp players.

2. BB Banned!

Tell you what mate...that is a very sensible idea....at least they would all get experience...there are one or two prolems with administering it but on the whole a grand idea!

3. great idea, i knew there were teams like barcelona b but i didn't know what it was all about. great idea and welcome to talk celtic!

4. Dubsbhoy Banned!

:83: to TC netweb,

good point but it's all the smaller clubs that will kick up a fuss. At the end of the day it's gonna knock someone out of a division unless they make that division to hold more teams.

(MOVED TO PUB)

5. duffy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Welcome mate :60:
    gd idea, i seen barca reserves do that in the lower league, but as dubs said all the lower teams would kick up a huge fuss.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the celtic reserves went in thereand be top at the end of the season they aint that bad at all.

6. not sure its great idea now because the celtic reserves would probably end up in the spl!