1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Park Expansion

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JamesConnolly, Apr 5, 2009.

Discuss Celtic Park Expansion in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. kennydal

I think the forum would totally agree with that post ,its happening now ,true supporters are getting out priced all over but as a business celtic and most clubs will chase money ie companies,sponsers etc ,sad but true .

2. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

Not quite sure, but I can't think of countries apart from England and Scotland, where there ain't any standing sections.

3. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Given that there's a recession, it would be smart thing for the club to do but its being very idealistic. Player investment is a higher priority

I reckon they should do a share issue to underwrite the cost of the expansion like thy did with Lennoxtown because we are definitely not going to borrow to expand.

4. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
  5. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

6. col_p67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke, John Collins
    Nah, I think I'll stick with football. I've been brought up supporting Celtic and continue to do so, not because I'm desperate for trophies, but because I love football and generally, the way Celtic play it. If we win, I'm happy, if we lose, but play well, I'm also happy, but if we lose because of negative, unimaginative play then I'd say I'm not happy. Sometimes this is because a few players, through no fault of their own, aren't of a high enough standard to play for our club. How can you write that some fans are arrogant and spoilt in one post and then state that it is a "requirement" of yours that Celtic win matches in another? Sounds a bit hypocritical to me.

7. mmmikey

Fav Celtic Player:
    McStay, Moravcik, Di Canio, LARSSON!
    Well I'm not too sure myself. The only evidence I know of is through European games and through the larger leagues (France, Holland, Spain, Italy, etc). Obviously in the European games standing isn't allowed but I wasn't aware that during league games in these countries (top tiers at least) there were standing areas?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2009
  8. broadsword

there definitely will be improvements to the stadium for the commonwealth games . the fact that hrh is attending the opening ceremony will ensure that.
    we have the right man in John Reid to lobby for maximum funding and any available grants.

9. jcwelsh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobo Balde
    Fav Celtic Song:
    WILLIE MALEY
    The reason Fergus McCann didn't increase it at the time was due to demand. he had a waiting list strong enough to ensure anyone who has a season book would not give it up as they would wait years to get it back due to the waiting list.
    If he added a further 20,000 seats, he knew people would come and go as they please. To this day we still have a waiting list but there is a stadium half empty some times. What we can take from that is that people don't mind paying 4 to 500 a year for the book even though they may not use it all the time but at the same time don't want to give it up encase they regret it.

10. whitey1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    heid
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Soldier's Song
    we can hardly fill the stadium as it is just now never mind an expansion :38:

11. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Season ticket holders are now not arsed about turning up to see home matches with the likes of Hamilton. Cant do anything about those seats

12. zmcfc

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenrye, Celtic Symphony, LTPS

Had a wee brainwave when thinking about this a wee while back.

Say a season ticket holder knows they cant make a game. The ST holder contacts Celtic around a week in advance and Celtic print a ticket for that seat and offer that persons seat for a heavily discounted (50% off face-value) rate on a page they set up on the website for this. Maybe half-money goes into ST holders bank acc. and Celtic get the other half. Everyone's a winner. Celtic, as the seats been paid for twice, the fan who gets a cheap ticket and the ST holder who makes 25% of the ticket value. :icon_mrgreen:

13. DanniGhirl

It would be nice to have all of the stands the same size but there is more important things to spend on just now.

I don't know if there is a waiting list for tickets anymore, I know 5 people that just phoned up and got tickets and they were advertising the half season tickets just before Christmas, so it would be questionable if we would sell the extra capacity (apart from OF and Euro games)

Our supporters club has 50 season ticket holders and there's only been 4 games this season that we all went to but the club don't mind that as they already have our money.

14. Jungle Bhoy

Is there really a waiting list? A friend of mine phoned up and got his season ticket that day...

15. zmcfc

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenrye, Celtic Symphony, LTPS

The waiting list is the biggest ever myth pedalled by Celtic mate. It's non-existent. Anybody who wants a season ticket at the end of this season (or any season for that matter) and phones up will get one.

16. Jungle Bhoy

yea I thought that :50:

17. greg2467

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Time: Lubo Present: Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Willy Maley
    can't fill it at the mo as it is so no

I would prefer the money to be spent on players TBH

18. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I'm sure people would try to abuse that system and crowd safety becomes an issue when fans dont have seats.

19. JonnyBhoy1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown and marc crosas
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry, Black Watch, Glasgow celtic Champions
    No point we can hardly fill the stadium we have lol waste of money !

20. kennydal

The season average is 58,000 roughly so celtic are recieving the income from season books ,it doesnt allways look good seeing a few empty seats but for whatever reason people have paid but choose not to turn up.