1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

are fans expecting too much?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by gunt, Mar 8, 2009.

Discuss are fans expecting too much? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jay62

ultimately ,its the players on the pitch that have to be held accountable,the effort put forth in some matches this year has been pish poor. some have obviously tuned the gaffer out. unfortunately with todays millionaires the gaffer gets the axe. personaly , when you pull on those hoops, and remember the heroes that have done the same, and yet still go out and not give yer best is unfuckinforgiveable in my view!

2. gary b

Is it too much to ask that you stop shoehorning MON into every post you make.It really is getting a bit tedious mate.

3. belaki

Fav Celtic Player:
    The one and only Ghod - Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    well, I believe we expect too much, yes..

Celtic FC - a massive club! We expect them to win all the games, that's really impossible for every season. There are up and downs in football and we SHOULD ACCEPT that!

We are Celtic Supporters faithful through and through, right? Some of you * and * when we draw or lose! It does my head in! :31:

Of course, like everyone, I was shocked by the Scottish Cup defeat BUT I know it will make us focus on the * 4 in a row! :50:

4. gunt

I can see its get the boot into me time of the year again.

I feel I need to point it out every time when WGS is being held to scrutiny and criticism that MON never was simply because it is so glaring and basically its so unfair. If similar treatment ever evolves for WGS I will never mention MON again. Bottom line is I am totally disgusted by the lack of good will WGS has had from the start and how little it takes for the lynch mob to appear for him. When people start being balanced about how they approach WGS and MON I will not need to comment any more. I have a right to keep commenting as long as this injustice prevails.

5. squire_2

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scotty Broon & Aiden McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I think the expectations of the fans are lowering in all honesty, a certain Bertie Auld was on Scotland Today earlier saying attractive football is every bit as important as winning games and if the players that pull on that strip don't realize that then they don't deserve to be at the club.

You think of the era that man came from and tell me that over time the Celtic fans' expectations haven't drastically lowered. It's legends like Bertie this club's reputation was built on and as long as the memories of the lions remain we should always be aiming for the stars.

I cringe to even think about some of our players in the same post as a man like Bertie Auld, it's * embarrassing.

6. gary b

I'm welling up here:icon_mrgreen:

I try to comment on what's happening NOW.You would be as well saying"I cant remember Willie Maley or Jock Stein getting stick"MON left in 2005,WGS has been the manager for 4 seasons.I cannot understand what any previous manager's performance or otherwise has to do with the displays being served up at the present time.

I have been following Celtic for quite a number of years now,and you might not believe or agree with this,but every Celtic manager in my experience has had to cope with criticism,justified or not.It simply comes with the territory.I can remember fans calling for McNeill's head,Davie Hay as well,and these guys would be described as legends.So this is not a new phenomenon by any stretch of the imagination.

I realise you are one of WGS's biggest admirers,and fair play to you.I just feel that you and others try to downgrade MON's achievments in an attempt to defend WGS.Where's the sense in that?We have had 2 very successful managers in the last decade,surely thats the most important thing?

7. billybawbag

Better signings....

A lot has been made of our most recent set of financial results. We may not be in dire straits financially but are fairly bankrupt on the field of play, where it matters most.

Take the signing of Willo Flood, for example. Is the board saying that we don't have that calibre of player within the ranks already? Now I personally feel that an awful lot of 'biskit tin' money is being squandered on players we never see selected for the first team.

I would prefer just one good player attracted as opposed to wee willie winkey. I do think Samaras is a good player, just not on the boil at the minute. JVH is another case in poit. Bad injury and now can't score for toffee.

Anyway guys, just like to say that I hope we do really well on Sunday and hump the Rankers.:bbpd: