1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

no case for the defence

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by timsforever, Oct 27, 2004.

Discuss no case for the defence in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. timsforever

Fav Celtic Player:
    all them get behind the team at all times
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk on
    Just back from the celtic , aberdeen game, and all iam going to say is whats happend to our defence, the once comanding figures of balde and varga have now turned into slow suicidal defenders, that look like making a mistake evrey game, yes where still top of the spl , but where leaking goals far too easily for my likeing,the huns aberdeen and hearts have all conceded less goals than us, i just hope this is a bad patch , and things get back to the norm.

ps
    i knew not signing players in the summer would come back to haunt us, hope iam proved wrong

2. Dubsbhoy Banned!

defence is a shambles since pre season and has never looked solid, the other thing is balde and varga can play as * as they want it's not as if they can be dropped and there's someone waiting to take their place the more games they play the more mistakes there making the their more confidence is going down the pan. MON needs to grab a hold of them by the throat and frighten the * outta the two of them they need to buck up or * off.

3. shandally

Fav Celtic Player:
    wee shauney
    a serious question-when was the last time we lost 8 goals in 3 games?

must have been a long time ago.

4. lupin43

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik and Neil and Jackie and LUBO
    Fav Celtic Song:
    A soldiers song and Viva Espania
    i agree , wit no players brething down there necks then they wont be dropped we need somthing to be pushing them and motivating them

5. BB Banned!

Pile of mince last night......
    Varga and Balde in my opinion were only ever spl standard and got caught out in europe......Balde especially cost us dear in the uefa cup and champions league and more than once......Now it appears they are not even up to the spl standard...defence is now as crap as the rest of the team..

Sure we have a few good players.....but less than half the team is in my opinion anywhere near the standard required and the better half is just about there ............on a good day....

Now , due to the lack of strengthening when we were good we now need a major revamp and not just tweaked up...

I think MON will be on his way......to man utd.........same situation there...Fergie was on a major high but has now done all he can..so maybe MON will be tempte with some money to spend...more than £1.5m anyway!!!!!

6. Stephen

i remember a couple of seasons ago Sir Alex said he wanted MON to take over from him when he left Man Utd.

7. duffy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    i can't understand how the defence has become so bad, for the last minute goal varga dived in too quick and the young guy knocked it past him, and balde well he just jogged around a bit, he done 2 decent tackles all night. The injuries are still getting worse with big sutty out now

8. Dubsbhoy Banned!

i just fear for David Marshell he does very little wrong makes a * load of class saves and there's goals been put past him left right and centre, hope it doesn't effect him in any way cos at the end of day it's the 2 big lumps in front of him that are supposed to be protecting him.