1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] The 9IAR Champions v Hamilton | Sun 2nd August result 5-1

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Luis1967, Jul 28, 2020.

Discuss The 9IAR Champions v Hamilton | Sun 2nd August result 5-1 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    what’s going on man?

2. Maestro 08

One man caught on a barbed wire fence
    One man he resist
    One man washed up on an empty beach
    One man betrayed with a kiss

blackfish and Sean Daleer like this.
  3. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

He's a fud mate. Nothing cryptic really he is just a smelly arsepiece

He is more than welcome to answer my PM from 4 days ago but he won't.

jake10 likes this.
  4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Don't believe the devil,
    Don't believe his book
    The truth is not the same as the lies you made up

Maestro 08 likes this.
  5. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    With no fans in the stadium you can clearly hear the hamilton players swearing when we scored! Surprised that wasn't edited out!
    Also thought big jullien took his volleys like a seasoned striker! Beautiful connections and unlucky with the one coming off the post.

6. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Good start overall. We looked a little rusty defensively on set pieces and we were clearly not anywhere near full tilt for much of the game. But we still scored 5 goals and easily could have got another 2-3 goals. So very encouraged by that result considering there was a lot of room for improvement on both sides of the ball and we did produce some real moments of quality and scored some very good goals.

Tommy25 likes this.
  7. Maestro 08

Love it.

Try this. Look out for Johnny Russell keeping a low profile in the crowd.

Edit: fuxk can't remember if links like this are allowed or not. If not please remove admin. Apologies & cheers.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  8. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Just back from my Csc what a day my better half has told me to get the fk to bed ha . I thought we played some great football today couldve won by a lot more . Top of the league as usual Bhoys and Ghirls yesssss and by the way my earlier prediction 5-0 Eddy hatrick was fkn close HH

LectersLuncheon and Sean Daleer like this.
  9. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Good result and good start to the season. Turned out as expected, but I thought Hamilton done well to be fair. 2nd half we pulled away from them.

1st half we were decent enough. Got our goals and had a number of chances. Julien,Ajer and Forrest had good opportunities. Forrest brought a good save and Julien got on the end of a set piece replica from the Ross County game, making a better effort of it this time. Ajer effort was less troubling but felt he could have done better. And while we had chances from set pieces. Hamilton caused as few problems from them. Moyo was competing and beating Julien and Ajer on more occasions than they would like. Moyo winning and competing was allowing Hamilton to keep the ball and get up the park. Supported well by the young lad Smith,who caused similar problems in the game before the end of last season. I thought Ajer was quite sloppy in the 1st half. Brown never really got going, nor did Christie,Forrest and Mo El for me. Both worked hard to be fair, but didn't really influence the game as we know they can. Although we did have Taylor with 2 pieces of quality to assist and Frimpong with several runs and a goal to show for their efforts.

2nd half we picked it up and played at better pace. Eddie completed a poachers hat trick, normally we see a bumper goal or two. All his goals were "penalty box strikers", tap in, near post run and finish, then following in anticipating a rebound or break of the ball. Even with his tremendous goal record its not something that is associated with him. A good sign of his development.

While we did raise our game. I think one adjustment helped us a bit more in dealing with Hamilton, was that no longer was Moyo (also Ogkmpoe when he came on) in an individual duel. But it seemed Brown was being asked to compete or shield in front to prevent what happened in the 1st half. McGregor also began to influence the game more and almost played in Eddie with a through ball.

Our 2nd half performance allowed us to utilise the bench. Ntcham was tidy. Wee Dembele got some playing time as did El Hamed. And Paddy Klimala picked up from Eddie. Good run into the area between centre half and full back, picked out well by Julien. Held off the defender long enough to get his shot away and into the net. Little contributions like goals from Klimala,Griffiths and other will be needed this season. As will the likes of Ntcham coming on and controlling the game.

A pleasing start to the season,although I see the refs are still choosing to plank themselves in areas in which were looking to play passes and break down deep defensive lines. Not sure why he cannot just position himself just aff the play, rather than standing in the middle of it. Ogkmpoe benefited from a less picky display from Collum. As did Callachan for his continual baw baggery towards players he couldn't keep up with.

Top of the table and with improvement to come.