1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Callum McGregor

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by greengrocer, Jul 5, 2014.

Discuss Callum McGregor in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic face a busy schedule of games between now and the end of 2020, with 10 matches across four competitions for Neil Lennon’s side.

The first of those 10 games comes this Thursday night when the Hoops take on Sparta Prague in the UEFA Europa League, and there is determination to make amends for the defeat they suffered at the hands of the Czech side earlier this month.

That determination will also carry on into the domestic competitions and, as Callum McGregor told Celtic TV, there is a unity of purpose within the squad and throughout the club to deliver further success to Paradise, whether that be a 36 consecutive cup win, a fourth Scottish Cup triumph in a row which would also secure an unprecedented quadruple treble or, ultimately, another successful league campaign.

That won’t be achieved without a lot of hard work, however, and that’s something McGregor and his team-mates will embrace.

The last 20 minutes of the Hibs game we managed to turn it around and get two goals and salvage a point,” he said.

'Now we have to take the positives from it, and certainly by the looks of training this morning, everyone was excellent and on it.

“There’s no getting away from the results being stop-start and we’ve been dropping points where the small details have been going against us. It’s been frustrating and far from perfect. But we have to remember that as well, that in life, it’s never perfect.

“We’ve had a really successful spell with the club, the players, the management, the club as a whole – everyone who works for the club – and we’re all desperate to continue that success.

“And when I look in the dressing room, I see enough quality and enough hunger to go and have another successful season. We’ve had a little bit of a blip, but it’s now down to the players, the management, the club as a whole, everyone to rally round each other, and for the support to continue.

'The support’s always fantastic and that’s why the club has been built on so much success, because the supporters have stuck with the club through thick and thin, through good times and bad times, and they’re always there.'

"So in terms of the message, it has to be everyone going together, stay connected, stay together and we will go on and have another successful season – I have no doubt about that.”

And having gone through the month of November without a domestic home game prior to this Sunday’s League Cup tie against Ross County, the Hoops will now have four Premiership matches at Paradise in December, along with a trip to New Douglas Park on Boxing Day and the small matter of the Scottish Cup final at Hampden five days before Christmas.

“No season is ever perfect or ever the same,” McGregor said, “and I always touch on this when we have sticky situations throughout the campaign, that it’s how you react to the adversity in terms of bad results and bad performances. It’s how you react to that which is going to win you the league, and that’s what we have to do. We have to galvanise the group.

'The message from the club, from top to bottom, is that everyone’s together.'

"We have to work extra hard on the training field, extra hard in the gym, in the games to do that extra yard for each other and, like I said, I have no doubt that we have enough quality to be successful.

“That’s what we want to do, and for us now, we have to react and react in a positive way, and the only way that we’re going to have success again this season is if we react positively.

“We’ve got some home games coming up, so we have to make the most of them as well. Over the past few seasons, the home games are vital to the success, so we have to put a run together in this little period in December.

“And I think the good thing is that we won’t really have too much more disruption now up until March, so we’ve got a real run of three to four months with everyone training together, everyone playing together and, now we have to go foot to the floor and show that ruthless mentality that we have shown.”

2. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Well spoken from Cal. Stick him in the dugout, I’d run through a brick wall for him after a chat like that.

Exactly the words that should be coming out of Lennons mouth - positivity, unity and desire.

Smithy likes this.
  3. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Not the same stuff we heard after the Huns, Aberdeen & Sparta? Nothing is changing under Lennon & that is the problem.

neilly1987 likes this.
  4. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

No buying it tbh, we haven't bounced back from any of the setbacks this season and haven't seen anything that suggests we can go on a good run for a sustained period of time. Certainly doesn't look like everyone's happy and pulling together either.

trackebhoy likes this.
  5. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Exactly.

6. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Sorry, but talk is cheap. We wouldn't be in this situation if we had that "hunger and quality in the dressing room" he talked about.
    "We have to work extra hard on the training field, extra hard in the gym, in the games to do that extra yard for each other" - What the * have youse been doing up to now?
    “We have to react and react in a positive way, and the only way that we’re going to have success again this season is if we react positively."
    - Bit fecking late for a reaction.

7. Smithy

It’s nothing like what he said after the Sparta game.

8. wulliebad

blah blah blah blah blah blah....same old sound bites every year,every interview. Actions and words do not match up.

9. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Exactly and tbh I think he’s missed the point of my post.

10. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Same old sound bites every year from Calmac.

What?

11. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I was talking about every interview after each of those games. Either from players or the manager. So yes same stuff as Huns, Aberdeen & Sparta while nothing has changed, its all talk.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

12. Maestro 08

Calmac def doesn't sound like he's chucked it, there's a bit of fire in the belly there. He along with the rest need to go out on the park and show it now.

13. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    He has been one of our better players this season but at the same time has been pish. That says it all about this season

Moore likes this.
  14. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Completely lost defensively yet again and to be brutally honest isn’t doing enough with the ball either.

Mince.Charming likes this.
  15. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    So who we rolling out with the big speech before the Ross county game.

16. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    Away to Leicester.

17. paulmcq1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgeady, donati, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Leicester?:56: would struggle for a game in the championship.

Mystic Penguin likes this.
  18. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Speaks volumes that he was the last man in defence in so many goals we've conceded.

Totally ruining his talent.

Sgt Neppers* and Crilly like this.
  19. Mince.Charming

Over rated

paulmcq1888 likes this.
  20. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Average at best. Will be part of the exodus.