1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Timothy Weah

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 7, 2019.

Discuss Timothy Weah in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

2. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Best talent we’ve had in ages imo. We need him and Christie starting every game.

Tommy25 likes this.
  3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Timothy Weah admits he could agree another loan spell from Paris Saint-Germain next season.

The American teenager has hit six goals for Celtic since arriving in January, including a strike in his first start under Neil Lennon during a win over St Mirren on Wednesday night.

After admitting he’s loving his time in Glasgow with the champions, Weah wouldn’t rule out the possibility of an extended stay.

He said: “I feel like it’s a possibility. It’s something me and my family have to go over at the end of the season.

“I am loving it here so far so we just have to see what happens.

“I’m really positive about the situation, happy to be at the club and making the most of these opportunities.

When I do get game time I just try to help the team and be positive, and I try to get a goal and help the team when I can.

That’s been my mentality from the start and it’s going to be my mentality until the end of the season.

“I am really happy and just blessed to get the opportunities I’ve got so far.”

Weah was brought in by former boss Brendan Rodgers and the hitman insists the change of manager hasn’t put a spanner in his works.

He said: ‘It was kind of disappointing to see Brendan leave, but he has to do what he has to do for his career and we respect it.

“We got back into training the next day as if nothing had changed.

The staff stayed the same, he players stayed positive and we’ve continued our winning ways.

“I knew we were in good hands.

“The gaffer has really wanted to keep everything as Brendan left it because he doesn’t want to change too much.

“He just told me to stay focused, continue doing what I’m doing and it’s been great so far.

“He has just been really positive and it’s feeding the team and you can see it in the way we play.

We are happy at the moment.”

Blochairnbhoy, Rydo1888* and Tommy25 like this.
  4. noise

He loves Celtic

Blochairnbhoy, Rydo1888* and Tommy25 like this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

SCOTT BROWN stands accused of not acting in football’s best interests.

But Timo Weah reckons the beautiful game would be better if ALL players were like the Celtic captain.

The Hoops are furious at Broony’s SFA charge for his Old Firm celebrations — and intend to fight a two-game ban.

PSG loan star Weah is adamant the skipper did nothing wrong after Celtic’s crucial 2-1 win.

The USA striker even branded Broony the perfect example as he defended his conduct.

Weah said: “Scott Brown is a role model, 100 per cent.

“You feel his presence in the team and in the dressing room. He is a huge reason why this team has gone so far as he keeps pushing us.

“He’s always positive and is a real role model for me. I look up to him a lot and I think every player should be a Scott Brown.

“I didn’t see anything wrong with the way Scott acted on Sunday. He did everything he needed to do to get his team the win. That’s what a captain does.

“My team-mates and I respect him to the fullest. We look up to him because he’s our leader.

“Scott Brown is an example and he leads by example. He’s a positive figure in this team and he was the main reason we got the win.

“It’s a derby and we’d been looking forward to this match. I wasn’t at Celtic in December, but I watched the game then and we fell short.

“Coach Neil got us in the locker room and told us to go out there and give blood, sweat and tears.

“That’s what we did and I think it showed the passion Scott Brown has for Celtic.

“If you think about it, everyone said he was done. But he showed he has years left in him and that he can play at a high level.

"I was proud of him and when he does things like that, it shows he is super-passionate about the game and the club.

“I feel the fans should really appreciate him because he loves Celtic and that feeds on to the other players. We see how much it means to him and that’s amazing.”

Weah was involved in the melee at the end as he raced to back up Mikael Lustig against Gers players.

Both clubs have been charged by the SFA for the confrontation — and could be fined £10,000.

Weah, an unused sub on the day, was surprised at that charge but revealed why he got involved.

He said: “I saw players attacking Mika. He’s like a brother to me now and the right thing to do was defend him.

“That’s what Scott Brown does best, fighting for his team-mates and fighting for his club. That has rubbed off on me.

“I saw players going to Mikael and my first thought was not to let anyone hurt him. I tried to separate him but I couldn’t save his top, that was ripped!

“I didn’t feel we had any negative type of conduct. Things get heated. It’s a derby. It happens.

“Nobody got a red card, we kept it really clean. Now we are really positive and moving forward.”

Weah’s mum Clar watched on TV but the Celt has yet to speak to legendary dad George — the former Ballon d’Or winner, now President of Liberia — about the mayhem.

He said: “I’m not sure if my dad will get over before the end of the season as he’s always working. Running a country is hard work, so I don’t really bug him too much.

“He does watch the games from his house. Does he like Scott Brown? I don’t know, I’ll ask him!

“I didn’t speak to him after the game but I spoke to my mum. She told me to keep my head up and that * will find a way to get me on to the field.

“It was really positive speaking to her. She keeps my head straight, she’s my backbone.

“She watched the game and saw the elbows, the punches being thrown and was probably glad I wasn’t out there. I told her I wanted to be out there!”

Weah has thrown himself into life at Celtic and the 19-year-old loves the madness of the Scottish game.

He said: “I would say it’s a bit different, but in good ways.

“It is very passionate and as a young player you need to see that to develop. You see a different side of football, that the guys are really hungry.

“That’s good for me to see at this point of my career and will help to take me further.

“I think Scottish football is awesome. The Celtic-Rangers game is like no other.

“It is a bit chaotic because the players are really passionate and that is a good thing.

“In other countries and other derbies, whether it is Real Madrid-Barcelona or PSG-Marseille, there is chaos.

“So the intensity hasn’t surprised me. I was prepared for this because I knew that I was coming to a big club historically.

“I knew there was going to be competition and I was going to have to fight for a position.

“I knew I was coming to a new country that I barely even knew before, but I have settled in well and the people here are lovely.

“They have welcomed me and my team-mates have welcomed me. It has all been super positive for me so far.”

6. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Love the wee man so infectious and dedicated would love if we could keep him here another 12 months or longer!

7. Los Palmas 7 something strange happened Gold Member

i love how he loves us, *

8. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    This man stirs my loins

bagforlife, _DannyBhoy_ and Rydo1888* like this.
  9. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

Has a great attitude. Would love to extend his loan

10. celtic warrior

He's been hit, that's it now the big * is a Celtic boy.

11. angusceltic67

It would be a great plus to have him in the squad for Europe next season.

This guy is going to be a decent player, still learning, but willing to learn, and learning fast.

Rydo1888*, Slaw and Crilly like this.
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Hes a good lad who gets the cause

Another wee loan please celtic

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Crilly likes this.
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

16. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    “Coach Neil got us in the locker room and told us to go out there and give blood, sweat and tears."

:celtman2:

His wee Americanisms make me laugh. Bless his wee cotton socks.

17. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Have to love his infectious positive attitude. How many young players have we seen in recent years think they are the * and ruin their careers. Mousonda exhibit A in that category. For such a young lad he really seems level headed. I am always reluctant to go with loans unless there is an option to buy if we want. But because of his attitude as well as the contributions he has made since January I would be happy if we had Weah on loan for the full season next season.

18. Keano88

U20 World Cup starts 24th May and they’ll have a 10 day training camp beforehand.

If Weah is called up then he will miss trophy day and the final if we make it :54:

19. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Worked out well for england when Paddy opted for us instead of going.

20. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Manager has already said he won’t see many of the European players until after the 19th May so he accepts he won’t be there at training camp and fifa can’t enforce it