1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Money Maker

Discussion in 'Helpdesk' started by Dubsbhoy, Jul 22, 2004.

Discuss Money Maker in the Helpdesk area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dubsbhoy Banned!

one of the forums i use gives members the choice of becoming a gold member for £5 per year.

For that you get your 5 stars (celtic legend on these boards i think) an email add. dubsbhoy@talkcetic.whatever and there's a gold members thread for gold members only. the owner of the site said he's costs are little or nothing since doing so.

2. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

But the ting is, would people be prepared to pay it? Theres sites were they ask for a subscription to edit their user cp and I think thats a little harsh. Something like getting all the shamrocks, being able to change the writing under the username get a @talkceltic.net e-mail address, etc would be good because they are all extras and it would not be taking rights that they already have away from them.

3. Dubsbhoy Banned!

for £5 - £10 a year and people who are into the site i don't think it's asking to much plus your not insisting people do it, it's just an option and might get a better response than asking for donations as people who are going to use the site on a regular basis will be getting something for their money. Sorry i should not have called the thread a money maker as all that will happen is it will help with the running costs of the site.
    (picture of CM & Mark on mtv cribs comes to mind lol)

put it this way i would defo be into it.

4. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

Lol. This is a really good idea mate. I'll have a go and see hwat I can do.