1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Midtjylland V Celtic Wednesday 28th July Kick off 6:45 Premiere sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Jul 24, 2021.

Discuss Midtjylland V Celtic Wednesday 28th July Kick off 6:45 Premiere sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I am in agreement with the guys who have Forest and McGregor in the back 4 I think we should play them there have Turnbull and Soro in front with Abada Rogic and Christie feeding Edouard

I think it would give us more confidence at the back with McGregor shielding Murray and Forest working with Welch,

turnbull has good passing range to get the ball forward and with Christie and Abada doubling up with McGregor and Forest when we’re on attack we could creat real havoc down the flanks and hopefully Eddie will have his shooting boots on to get the goals if he thinks he’s moving to the EPL and is on show he’ll turn it on for one last game

this could be our desired formation for Europe until we get quality defenders in

2. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Only issue there is with my earlier post is height we have non and would need to keep free kicks and corners down we also need the goalkeeper to be more commanding in the box

3. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Not sure about cal Mac doing a full 90 in the grave yard shift. Yes he gives his all and runs about more than anyone just not comfortable with him in this position be a big loss in the middle of the lark. As far jamesy sure he could be an option to play at the right positive he has played as a wing back a few times although can’t remember who it was under at the time.

4. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Playing McGregor who was been our best CM at LB would be a return to the madness we seen from Rodgers v the huns in December 2018 and Lennon v Cluj in September 2019.

He's our guy that keeps things ticking over and that's going to be crucial on Wed.

Taylor is not the long-term answer, it's farcical that he's our only option but we need to go with him on Wed. He is at the very least is reasonably switched on at the back.

Ralston is a different prospect. He's miles off it both going forward and at the back. His attempt to bring the ball down on Saturday resulted in a throw in and as the crowd groan and his face was wrought with the acknowledgement that he knows he's not good enough. He knows there's no future for him, irrespective of if he played a blinder v Midjtylland.

I don't know what the answer is but I'd be looking at alternatives for the RB slot.

5. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    We have the option of playing a GK with no hands or a GK who is * scared to come out for a ball. Surprised nobody on our board has noticed it

6. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I honestly think Edouard can't be arsed searching the back of his cupboard for those shooting boots these days and prefers to now play in the slippers he got for Christmas

7. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    The problem we have is that there really is no where to turn either we keep playing the * we have in defence then decrying the board as we have no players or try something different I think midfield is our strongest section of players and if we set up with a 4-2-3-1 or 2-4-3-1 using wingbacks rather than LB/RB we could swap out Ralston and Taylor, I think Forest will easily do the Right side and the best person we have on the left is either Christie or McGregor and I would put McGregor in there

I think doing this would help settle Murry and Welch, especially with Soro in front of them and using the interplay for full backs coming inside both Forest and McGregor have far better touches and could control the transition of playing out to the midfield and beyond

I know it’s not the ideal set up but I think it has more positives than negatives the only negative I have is height we would be woefully small for set pieces

8. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Sounds a good solution to a real and present danger in defense. More stability and ability to read the game as well. It would work.

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

honda likes this.
  10. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Thats a look that knows weve got this.

NomDePlum likes this.
  11. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Of coarse not - the board have not played football to notice it. Bayern Munich have ex-players running the show at the club and keep maintaining success and high standards - year in ,year out.

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Fingers crossed for sure.

13. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Whilst we have dyed in the wool tory businessmen who know as much about football as Barkas and Bain know about goalkeeping

14. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I hope your right but personally I have already written off the Champions League.

15. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I totally agree with you. While Taylor is not the answer long term at left back he is decent as a back up IMHO and scarily is probably the best player we will have in the back 4 on Wednesday. Moving McGregor who is arguably the best player we have right now from the middle of the park makes no sense as alongside Soro and Turnbull that will be the strongest part of our team on Wednesday and if they all play well may allow us to control the flow of the game and at least give us a chance. The right back slot is the major issue for me in terms of Wednesday as Ralston as I have said numerous times is IMHO not even good enough to be the back up right back for us.

Mike B and Seán Mac D like this.
  16. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Agree with this, as poor as Taylor is we can't be shoe-horning McGregor in there as he's far too important in the middle of the park. Taylor will need to do till we can find a good replacement.

Peej and TonyTim like this.
  17. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Play Taylor LB, Bain in goals and any random * at right back not named Ralston.

18. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I'd honestly put Urioghide at RB for this game. He done more in 60 seconds than Ralston has done in 6 games this season so far.

He's not gonna be great, but he's at least gonna be able to get forward properly and be energetic.

Double Dutch likes this.
  19. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I keep forgetting about this boy. Looks a bit awkward to me but I'd definitely throw him in before Ralston.

Peej likes this.
  20. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    He's very raw to say the least and will see a few reds flashed at him. Hopefully he will soon learn his trade and become a player who can do the important stuff like actually defend like a defender