1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

How far do you reckon the clear out needs to go?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Celticbhoy97, Jan 11, 2021.

Discuss How far do you reckon the clear out needs to go? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Buster

Was with two hun workmates, one typically comes out with, "l hate that * Brown, he's a *" The 2nd hun who's involved in grassroots football answers him by saying, "you're wrong, he's a great guy at passing on advice to younger footballers and never ignores anyone no matter which team they support"

2. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    They don't like him because he's the pantomime villain. He's been a thorn in their side for nearly a decade. They've had to watch him dominate their team time and again throughout his career. They've had nightmares about him. He's openly mocked their players on the pitch. They've had to watch him lift trophy after trophy. They just think he's a ned and * at football. His career has been nothing but astounding.

They just hate him for no other reason than he's Scott Brown.

Yes, his time is drawing to a close quickly but it takes nothing away from what he has given us. He definitely deserves a place in the coaching team when Lennon is finally shown the door. A man, like McGrain, who I never want to see leave us.

Everything I have ever read or seen of Brown, I have been nothing but impressed with. Some will say 'you haven't seen him this season' or 'clearly don't remember the photos of him in Dubai or on the streets pished'. Go back and reread the paragraph above. Scott Brown is nothing to do with why our season is in free fall.

Everyone who isn't a hun has nothing but good words to say about him. There's been times where I've watch an unders match and he's either in the crowd or in the dugout. He's an integral part of Celtic. More so than anyone currently in the dugout or in the boardroom.

3. oh bhoy

If I had an opportunity to wield the axe ,there would be too many left. With a proper CEO instead of a megalomanic everything else should fall into place

4. Mr Diggler

Dermot Desmond needs to hand the reigns over to his son.
    Peter Lawell wants chased.
    Neil Lennon needs replaced but I genuinely fear we go for Roy Keane or something.

Barkas isn't good enough, Ajer, Ntcham, Edouard, Christie all want punted. Heads have been turned so * off. Elhamed can go back to Israel. Duffy has been a disaster- back to Brighton. Laxalt is only playing so English teams might buy him- back to Milan. Elyonoussi I still rate really highly would love it to be made permanent. Bitton, Rogic, Brown, Bain and Klimala should be in and around the squad. Griff if he keeps the head as well. Frimpong should be used more sparingly and an experienced right back brought in to help him. For me next year build the team around this spine:

New Goalkeeper

New right back
    Julien
    New centre back
    Taylor(really unfairly maligned by supporters)

Soro
    McGregor
    Turnbull

Elyonoussi
    New striker(unless Ajeti wises up)
    Forrest

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  5. shaunm

Think the whole club needs rebuilding to be honest,massive overhaul,might be worth following the Brentford model and scrapping youth system aswell,and instead create a B team,Brentford are having big success doing it this way,how much does the club spend on youth development?what’s the success rate of first team regulars?Celtic probably have kids as young as 5 training with the club,a lot of money and time involved to get to first team,also recently our best prospects have been poached by Bayern and Man City before they even sign their first professional contract,Might be wiser paying nominal fees for 17 year olds plus,from other youth academies?will save a small fortune and easier to tell if someone has a chance at 17,than it is at 5?just my opinion.Also sack the board ha ha

The_Bhoy likes this.
  6. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Listened to Stephen McGowan on the TV last night and he suggested that a big restructure was ahead in the summer.

That sounds more than just a manager change to me.

7. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    The really, really galling thing is we've lost our best youngsters so the clearout won't/can't be as big as it should because there simply isn't the u19 quality there to replace the duds. We've somehow managed to * the ten whilst simultaneously ignoring the academy so present and future are both *. Jesus cunting * man.

I would honestly sell every single first team player, they're all either * anyway or have disgusted me with their attitude and performances this season. Laxalt and Elyonoussi have probably been the best players and aren't even * ours.

8. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    It has to be a complete clear out from top to bottom. It would be of no use to anyone if some of the deadwood were allowed to stay and infect the place with their pompous, arrogant demeanour. I wonder if we will still go ahead with the Celtic SECC Festival next year?

9. ladbroke8

Era needs dismantled now. Need a clear vision. No more project churning with the squad. Clearer vision for youth as well. Clear out dead wood and those who don't fancy this league anymore. Get players that can impact the first team from day 1

10. SuperZidane

IMO getting rid of Lawwell and the "management" team should do it based on 2 key decisions.

1. Who chooses the new manager?
    2. Who is the new CEO?

I actually don't have a problem with a CEO being reasonably well renumerated (including a performance based bonus).

However, their performance and activities should be limited to and based on commercial activities only.

Lawwell is a competent financial CEO who has negotiated a lot of lucrative deals for the club.

The problem has always been that he thinks he's a football man and DD has indulged him. Whatever you think of Rodgers, it was Lawwell's interference in the McGinn transfer that started the rot.

It's come to a head now as he appointed Lennon - a "yes man" (against the wishes of most fans) - the club has gone backwards and this season has been a disaster.

We need a competent commercial CEO who has no input into football based decisions.

We need a good manager/management team who understands financial reality but also demands full autonomy over the football management side. To be fair to DD - on the 2 occasions that he took this decision out of Lawwell's hands, he appointed MoN and Rodgers.

Frankly I'm not confident that Lennon/Kennedy or both won't be here next season - I'm even less confident that Lawwell won't be.

11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

That’s a weird take.

Laxalt has been fairly average at best. Pish recently. Elyounoussi has scored a fair amount but he can barely get in the team at the moment because his performances have been rotten.

Ajer and Turnbull have comfortably been our best players this season.

12. celtic warrior

We need to do some hunger games * with this, send them all as tributes then fight to the death.

Last man standing gets to remain employed. The others..... Well.

13. Martybhoy87

For me the club needs a COMPLETE clear out from top to bottom!

Desmond clearly doesn’t have any ambition for the club. Seen something the other day, when the huns beat us 5 years ago he said he was ashamed and said go get a man who can do the job, along came Brendan! Fast forward to this car crash of a season and he’s not giving a * so for me,

DESMOND SHOULD SELL!

LIEWELL CAN * OFF

LENNON HAS BLOWN ANY RESPECT I HAD FOR HIM BY NOT WALKING AWAY. HES * THE SEASON AS MUCH AS THE TWO ABOVE!

Kennedy/Strachan/ Hammond what the * do they do? Bye!!!!

Barkas - is honking

Bain- not got enough

Hazard - done well but never going to be a No1

Laxalt- going back to AC done OK but nah.

Taylor- can’t beat a man not what we need

Bitton - not good enough

Duffy - Christ knows how he’s made a career this far!

El Hamed - doesn’t want to be here no fault of his own.

Ajer- I like but doesn’t want to be here cash in

Frimpong- either he makes the required changes like cross a ball of not then bye!

Ralston- never good enough for us

moi- back to Southampton not done much for a £16m player
    Ntcham- bye!

Brown- past it, deserves a coaching position

Rogic- not seen much but not done much either

Eddy- get the money while we can, not kicked his * all season clearly doesn’t want to be here anymore.

Ajeti- not seen anything to tell me he’s what we need.

Klimala- gives 100% but not good enough

griff- thanks for the memories but too much carry on off the park!

buchanbhoy likes this.
  14. jj81

- young team

Turnbull
    Soro
    Mcgregor

15. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I don't think any clear out should happen until the new manager gets a proper opportunity to assess the players in training & in games, there are players that many might currently want out the door but who could be revitalized under new management.

I expect Eddy, Ajer, Christie, Ntcham, Elyounoussi, Duffy, Laxalt, Karamoko, Brown all to depart this Summer.

16. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Im convinced Lawwell will be away in the summer and would’ve been regardless of the outcome if the chase for the 10.

17. SuperZidane

I would be so happy if that were the case - changing manager will always be a short term solution while he's there.

18. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Brutal but honest m8

19. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    If people think the first team coaching is bad they should see it at youth level.

We need a root and branch clear out.

We’ve got * like O’Dea and McManus in some of the most important positions in our academy fucksake.

We need a real DOF who’ll come in a revamp everything. It’s a radical overhaul we’re needing. No doubt it’ll probably just end up with us appointing Jack Ross as manager while everything stays the same.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  20. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    After seeing what Brown has come out and said deffo want him gone from the club come summer.

I said it in a post earlier to other poster in this thread. 100% want
    Him away after his comments. He is part of the problem of this old dinosaur mentality that needs to go from
    The club to give someone else a new start.