1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic V The Huns, Sunday 29th December, KO 12:30, Sky Sports football

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Dec 26, 2019.

Discuss Celtic V The Huns, Sunday 29th December, KO 12:30, Sky Sports football in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Darnok

You must be an upbeat, positive guy.

2. joemc

Cant say that , the team every1 asked for was played , forrest n Christie switched bak , mj playing , it was the team that did not match rangers hunger nothing more .oh and missing a pen .

StPauli1916 likes this.
  3. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Lots of angry comments coming out but you need to put your hands up and say they deserved to win, we had nothing to offer. Players off the ball but Lennon has to take responsibility for his tactics. Nothing changed to combat how the Huns play. I knew exactly how they would play and they did, if I can surley Lennon can? We have been playing like this domestically for the last 3 or 4 games, Cup Final should have been a wake up call but today we played worse then that. They don't play good football but what they do is they close the game down as a team, fight for everything and pour men forward when they win the ball. All too often today we were slow, we looked like we couldn't find any space, but we seemed to stick to a flawed game plan. A couple of times that second half Frimpong won the ball at the hallway line with Forest in front of him, lots of space for Forest to run into but he choose to go in rather than go up the line into space, played right into their hands. The game was lost in the middle, eddy isolated, our players wanting too much time on the ball. 3 points to them,2 ahead of them with them having a game in hand, It puts them in the driving seat...for now...…..but those 3 points haven't won them any trophies.

buchanbhoy likes this.
  4. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

to be fair the game could have gone either way. One missed penalty, two goal line clearances... they didn't offer much more than their two goals. it looked we played with 60% effort today, which is not good enough in a derby game.

We have the players, we have the ressources, we have the talent. Just * show up next time guys ffs.

have to admit the ref was excellent.

5. Bellbhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Absolutely devastated at that performance, the result was fair. We were outplayed all over the park and looked scared.
    I'll try and give a rating of the players from what I saw through my fingers.

Forster 6 - Did as much as he could, had no chance for the goals.

Boli 4 - Looked alright first half, I thought he was one who was offering us a decent out ball. Rotten second half.

Ajer 6 - Better. Tried to make things happen but couldn't get it to work on the day.

Jullien 8- Monster. Wins everything in the air and looked our main goal threat. We need to work on set pieces as he could score handfuls.

Frimpong 5 - Mixed bag, I was impressed with his defending, however, I don't think I saw him try to beat his man until late 2nd half. Expected more confidence going forward.

McGregor 5 - Absent first half, better in 2nd. Caught out of position far too often and didn't really offer anything going forward.

Brown 6 - Hard one, won the ball and kept it well but never seemed to have anyone around him.

Johnston 4 - Looked scared from the off, grew into it a bit but far too late. Deservedly hooked, if a little too late.

Christie 5 - Forget the penalty, not a terrible effort but even the best miss. Marked out of the game.

Forrest ?- Absent.

Edouard 5 - Little to no service, looked a frustrated figure most of the game.

Writing this to try and make sense of the game to myself. Slippy got the game plan right and Lenny just didn't have an answer. Too weak in the middle and no belief or confidence going forward. They're not a great team but they wanted it more. We need to improve quickly or we can say goodbye to 9 never mind 10.

Gutted.

buchanbhoy and Pearse67* like this.
  6. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    We need more rotation of key players. Edouard cannot play every game. When we needed him today, he was unfocused and sloppy. The fresher team won today.

7. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    with Christie? He has won us how many points? And been moved out wide and back in today? Why even mention Rogic rn? mindless.
    Forrest done * all most of the match. Mcgregor was so powderpuff it was unreal.

8. ArmchairGeorge Gold Member Gold Member

Furious. Team of shitebags. Investment needed

9. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Yeah noticed this for some time even Jamesy can elect for wrong decision.

When Mo is back then the LW is his, as Ive said MJ is backup and that's it, he hopefully will grow into it, but he's big levels downgrade from Mo.

10. limezer

They had more urgency and pressing even when we had throw ins no one was looking for it.
    Lennon really needs to look at his tactics and formations on these 2 game as we have looked no where near it.

11. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Nah I'm quite pragmatic but * comment

StPauli1916 likes this.
  12. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    sorry mate, im a huge Ajer fan but he looks a good few levels below Julien. Has dipped markedly this season.

and if mcgregor offered nothin going forward, what is his role in the team? Didnt keep possession, did nothing defensively.

13. ArmchairGeorge Gold Member Gold Member

Id give him a 4. if he makes any form of an attempt to jump the Katic Goal is cleared. Then his chasing down the ball and attempted slide on Morelos?

We really need a new Julien-Level number 1 CB and Ajer as back up

14. Darnok

The truth hurts some people.

15. Conjuring_Obey Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley song
    This this this. When I see one player upfront I never feel confident.

16. Sentinel

Couldn't have said it better myself. He should be fined or give his wages to charity. Utter coward.

17. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Very hard to put down in words the feelings after that. Very very poor.
    Press was non existent, tactics were questionable and attitude was so bad.
    So lightweight right thru the team.
    We're not playing as good as we think and they're better than we've accepted.
    This is a proper title race.

18. Seosamh Máirtín

* up, Morelos is a clown and it'll work itself out

19. Pearse67*

Investment needed but as others have said players need rotated ffs.

Brown
    Eddy
    Forrest
    Christie
    Mcgregor

All looked to be running on empty simply due to never getting a * rest.
    Why we dont have men on the posts during set pieces ill never know, the huns cleared 2 off the line because of having men on posts.
    Were top of the league but they have a game in hand. Plenty to go, but go and back the manager now or the board will never be forgiven.

20. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I'm furious about today but you're at it.

I'm logging off because if I told you what I think you are I would get banned even though you are the most obvious troll on this site.