1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Board

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Prof, Oct 26, 2020.

Discuss The Board in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bonobhoy

Wish the snake would just * off...hes been in the media today more than he has in his last 2 years down there with that *.

Always trying to be relevant....There is a big news story so ill open my gob

seanm likes this.
  2. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Every member of that board should hang their heads in shame for allowing this to happen.
    This should have been the season of the immortals but is now the season of the * idiots .
    I hope the * choke on their prawn sandwiches.

3. oh bhoy

These * are yet to acknowledge the massive * up they made ,blowing smoke up Lennons * just shows they are still in denial about this catastrophe

seanm and Wee Baldy like this.
  4. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    I want these charlatans out...they are the most culpable for what's happened .

5. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

His ego will be enjoying our demise since he left, particularly after his public locking horns with the board.

What he's saying is true though. He fought hard to drag us into the 21st century with the Desso pitch, beefed up backroom staff and proposed indoor training pitch at Lennoxtown.

We then plumped for a yes man who walked in with his jaw on the floor at the advancements the club had made in the 5 years since he left. It's no coincidence that there's been a regression since.

A Sporting Director/DOF with an assigned budget to spend how they see fit is exactly how we need to go.

No more defacto DOFs making Shved/Bayo type signings above the manager's head. No more coaches foisted upon managers against their will.

Gyp Rosetti and Garrymac1888 like this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Brendan Rodgers doesn’t have an ego that’s lies.

But yer bang on with the rest of the post.

Moore and seanm like this.
  7. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Football offers unrivalled brand loyalty, no chance of defection, predictable and recurring revenues and new ways to leverage value.

8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Bit harsh, I don't think he will be enjoying the demise at all.
    There most certainly will be elements of "told you so" and "thats why I left" I am sure. But he won't be taking enjoyment out of us not doing the ten and our obvious demise.

My opinion on his exit has changed over time, perhaps Lennon will get the same leeway in due course (doesnt feel like it yet), but one thing for sure - he left for two reasons;
    1. He always was eventually
    2. Peter Lawwell.

We argue all day long about how the club is run and the bad influence Lawwell has at the club, we can't suddenly pretend that isn't a major factor in why Rodgers left like he did, just because it hurt us as well.

I fully believe he was happy to be here for the ten, but the board figured they had done enough by just appointing him to let the rest be a skoosh. They failed the management and the players, and more so the fans by not fully committing to modern football in the way a guy like Rodgers needs it to be done. As do the players.

This board need to wake the * up. Lawwell out the door is one thing, but the incoming guys need to shake this up properly.

Had we had a proper, modern footballing structure (just like those we dream about at Salzburg, Ajac, Porto, Dotmund, Bayern etc) even Deila would have done better than he did, and Rodgers in turn would have been set for life here.

9. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

@Peej agree with some of what you've said and disagree with others.

Personally I don't think it was ever his intention to stay longer than necessary to bag an EPL job and there wouldn't be any harm in doing that....as long as you're up front with people. There's no danger he ever intended being here for life, footballing structure or not. The Leicester move has been a good one for him, so fair * to him but the way he went about his business was quite odious. He tried to block others making a career move, despite thinking he was entitled to one himself. He also made up * like the Danny McGrain thing simply to feed into his ego.

I don't think he's cheering every goal being scored against us but the guy has a * Complex and our demise his departure will be feeding that.

He did try to drag us into the 21st century and was successful in part with it (Desso surface),.embracing Sports Science etc. and Lawwell's *-waving with him in the summer of 2018, was embarrassing; with us the fans as usual caught in the middle of the 2 huge egos clashing.

Lessons must be learnt going forward from it all. What he says about a DOF structure being necessary is true and there needs to be zero interference from the CEO of the PLC.

10. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I'd double like the last line if I could bud!

Seán Mac D likes this.
  11. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

This is why greater fan representation can be a good thing for all parties.

At present the balance and incentives are far too skewed towards the PLC making profit, rather than the football club being successful

Investors like: Lindsell Train, Investec Wealth and Jarvis Investment Management, are invested to make money and they're entitled to, but they can only do that with the participation of us, the supporters.

With that in mind, our ongoing participation should be something that is engaged with and elicited, rather than expected.

If there's a sea change that gets all Celtic supporters united in backing the club, under a CEO who understands the need to invest properly in the football club, which will in turn continue our engagement and revenue, then there's no reason all parties can't be happy.

We're not a cash cow to be milked; we're a customer base that you need to start listening to.

12. Gurru 991

With Lawwell being who he is it was always inevitable that Rodgers would have to leave. I'm sure he wanted to leave as a hero with adoring fans chanting his name but that was never to be. I'm sure Lawwell was ecstatic to get his problem removed & 9 mill in the bank.
    I realize Rodgers will alway be hated but for me Lawwell did far more damage to the club.

13. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    I hate these *'s more with every day that passes.

seanm likes this.
  14. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I would encourage anyone who has a spare 16 minutes to watch the below video. I was lucky enough to see this presentation live and it massively shaped how I look at football. For me, the 'outcome bias' bit is exactly what the board, Lennon, and even the playing staff have been guilty of, and that's largely why this season feels so unbelievable to them, whereas a decent number of supporters have openly talked about the risk of 'falling asleep at the wheel'.

For a bit of background, the speaker is Rasmus Ankersen, former chairman of FC Midtjylland and current director of football at Brentford (who recently scrapped their youth setup). Interesting and intelligent bloke. I don't have an issue with the likes of Lawwell's background in accountancy - he fits the bill as a safe pair of hands - but I would love to see someone like Rasmus involved in with us.

15. SuperZidane

There's no doubt that Rodgers has an ego but I don't agree that he would relish us losing.

I do agree that it was probably always his intention to return to the EPL (+ he certainly could have handled it better) but the starting gun was fired by Lawwell by * up the McGinn transfer.

I couldn't agree more with the rest of your post about the improvements Rodgers brought to the club and how the club should be structured going forward.

seanm likes this.
  16. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Dermot, you're a *.

Fault of this season completely at his door.

* your moustache, too. *.

seanm and rudebhoy67 like this.
  17. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    ..... are *.

seanm likes this.
  18. xDanCFCx

You * a once in a lifetime opportunity at 10 in a row, hang your heads in shame you despicable * you’ll never be forgiven for this

seanm and callumrae1967 like this.
  19. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Dermot shouldn't be allowed to survive this, don't care who he plans on giving us as manager, even if it was Pep, he needs to gtf just like Lawwell & Lennon

seanm likes this.
  20. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

This. Nothing will improve until this * and any connection to him is gone.

seanm, Hammy89 and RogicHasMagicToes like this.