1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Niclas Eliasson

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Hammy89, Jan 25, 2020.

Discuss Niclas Eliasson in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    I see we are linked with him again. Honestly think he could be the final piece in the 3-5-2 puzzle

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Is he no a winger?

With Forrest injured and Mikey still out, we need an option on the wing and at left wing back..

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  3. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Are we? Story I read was we had a scout down at Bristol v Villa but we weren't looking at Elliason

4. dmccourt95

Hardly solid info but a Bristol city fan on twitter said he doesn’t fit their 3-5-2 which is why he’s available.

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He's running down his deal, is he no?

He had one of the highest assists in the championship last season..

dmccourt95 likes this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NEIL LENNON is plotting a move for Bristol City wing back Niclas Eliasson — if a third bid for Alfie Doughty fails.

The Celtic boss is anxious to strengthen his left-sided options before next Monday’s transfer deadline.

His first choice is Doughty, but Charlton have knocked back two bids for the 20-year-old. Swede Eliasson is a free agent next summer, and was first eyed by Celts at the start of the year.

The 24-year-old has fallen out of favour at City since boss Lee Johnson was sacked last July.

Eliasson was watched by Hoops head of recruitment Gary Penrice in last week’s 3-0 EFL Cup home defeat to Aston Villa.

Celtic have also been linked with Aarhus left back Casper Hojer, as Lennon and head of football operations Nick Hammond ensure they are aware of options to strengthen the squad.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  7. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    It's a bit off-putting that they are punting him because he doesn't work in a 3-5-2, considering we're probably going to use that formation going forward. Another winger would be good but if he's our own option for lwb/lb I think I'd prefer Hojer

8. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Aye he deffo doesn't fit a 3-5-2, very very average defensively, still a good player going forward but not what we need right now.

9. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    (stats from transfer market)
    He is primarily a left or right mid, most games with 79 at right mid, 73 on the left but only 5 goals and 14 assists from the right but has 10 and 34 from. The left.

Handfull of appearances as an outright winger same sort of ratio

Also played some odd games in Central midfield, DCM, a game at left back, odd striker game so pretty versatile.

I reckon he'd be pretty good at the LWB position for us as it is more attacking than defending as long as he has the legs and puts in a shift.

Vs doughty and Hojer he has far more goals and assists (by games as doughty only has 1 season of data really) a decent bit more games played than Hojer (228 vs 183) but not so much that it's significant they have both been playing since 12/13 really

Hojer has only had appearances as an LB (and an odd game at other defence positions) with 13 goals and 27 assists in 164 all from LB.

All would be good options I think Ellison gives the most experience and infront of goal, doughty is a good looking prospect but is still just a 20 year old with promise at league 1/ bottom championship level.

10. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    Cant get a game for Bristol City? No thanks

11. CountyDownFaithful

YouTube footage looks encouraging. Definitely more of a winger than a full back though. Can play on both wings which is a bonus.

Would be happy with him and a LB.

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member