1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Youth/Development Team Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by shaunm, Oct 25, 2014.

Discuss Youth/Development Team Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Think the biggest thing in Connel’s road is he’s quite similar to McGregor.

2. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Ye true and as both left footers in an ange 433 he will be behind McGregor most likely. Still could be the sub to McGregor and could play massive amount of ball. We are coming from Lennon coaching where there was a refusal to rest or sub players at the appropriate time

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

Crilly likes this.
  3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You know the only times I can remember when we did sub players well was under Rodgers in his first season.

MON and WGS were in the same thought process as Lenny with the subs, Mowbray was panicky, Ronny’s were inept and I think Rodgers got lazy with it his last year and a half.

If Ange can * spot a player who needs replaced as the game is just about to swing rather than wait till 15 minutes after I’ll cry with sheer happiness. My biggest consistent frustration as a Celtic fan.

Dublin Celt likes this.
  4. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Ye man, can't comprehend it. That and our lack of rotation under other managers. No disrespect to any team but playing a Hamilton or st Johnstone at home on a sunny day few days before a European game and playing the first 11 for 90 mins. Even the lack of rotation under Kennedy from april was flabbergasting really.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The lack of rotation I get, think it’s bit our managers in the * too many times having wholesale changes and then we’re at a ‘crisis’

Kennedy’s stint as manager definitely though.

6. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    No vote for 12-12-12-12 setup next season, meaning colts won’t be playing in the spfl next year. * shambolic, SFA have no balls or desire to improve Scottish football, happy for Cowdenbeath and the likes to rock their 186 supporters instead of progressing the league abs youth. SFA are not fit for purpose, people go on about our board but thank * it’s not the SFA running our club as there even more inept and corrupt than our own board.

Fans need to stop going to all Scottish league cup and Scottish cup games, stop the finances, let the smaller teams and SFA starve, * them.

7. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The SFA can’t just change the SPFL set up :rofl: the SPFL are the clubs.

But aye, boycott the cups or something.

Noskeil likes this.
  8. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    That’s the issue, why is our country ran by two if not three organisations? It’s * boggin, that’s two pots clubs have to pay and two authorities to get through any plans. The buck stops with the SFA as their our national association. They need to get the balls to say this is happening or * off to oblivion. If it was up to me there would be a cull of teams anyway, too many brechins, Berwicks and Stranraers, not enough clubs worthy of “professional” status.

9. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It doesn’t though.

And the two clubs who want Scottish football run this way are us and the Huns. The 11-1 voting system was so we could basically stop diddy clubs having a say against us at the top. Fucksake even when the Huns died we teamed up with Aberdeen to put a stop to the rules getting changed.

The Colts absolutely should be in the pyramid system but complaining about the SFA’s role in it doesn’t make sense.

Liam Scales likes this.
  10. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Murray and Moffat no doubt would’ve been two to make up the numbers before the senior boys came back, the fact they’ve been kept with the first team this late hopefully means they’ll get a chance under Ange.

Noskeil likes this.
  11. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    This is gonna be difficult for AP to decide what youths stay and what youths go, due to registration etc. Your not wanting to keep the lads if there never going to get a game, yet your not wanting to let them play with the colts if they might make an impact on the first team. Quite a compelling quandary to have though.

12. Priest

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

14. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Sounds like a load of the next batch are desperate to leave as well even under contract.

Who’d have thought handing the most important jobs in the academy to under qualified dinosaurs would see our players want to leave?

I’m sure Strachan will change it for the better with his consultation.

15. Zanderama

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ALL OF THEM!!!!
    Who's wanting to leave??

16. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Josh Dede starting in the victory shield.

Both Manchester teams supposed to be desperate to sign him.

17. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Man City apparently keen to sign our U16 Rory Mahady. Very highly rated within the club and represents Scotland too.

There’s not much we can do about it, but these big clubs hoovering up young talent on mass will massively damage us in the future.

18. Turnbulls right peg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and over
    Until these boys have a clear pathway to the 1st team and are given opportunities thisbwill continue imo gone are the days when the clubs in EPL are buying up young talent to make up the numbers and dissappear into the wilderness. These boys are getting there chances in there 1st teams, The mismanagement of our youth is something I hope ange gets a grip of and to be fair to him so far he has shown he is willing to play them.

Peej likes this.
  19. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    People making out that our Youth Coaching isnt up to scratch.. Complete opposite if we have Bayern, City & the likes scouting them.

Unfortunately though those teams offer a lot more that we can when it comes to development.
    Not going to pretend I knew who Dede or Mahady were but just ben reading up abou5t them and the do look promising.

The poor quality of Youth Leagues or even the whole set up in this country will have some turning their heads if offers come in.

saltire78 likes this.
  20. saltire78

This is the jist of it. The concept that we're 'losing' these players is disingenuous to the truth, which is that these cash rich clubs are actively hoovering up all of the emergent talent as part of their schemes to avoid FFP rules - they'll make far more back in fees and transfers than they'll ever pay in compo. for the youths.

EUFA need to intervene on this or all youth development will become unsustainable in no time. I won't hold my breath...