1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lecs

Just seen the replay there as my seat is the other side of the stadium.

What a * mong thing to do.

I want to see Brown play about 50-60% of games this season, McGregor and Ntcham should be the two central midfielders starting every week. Would have preferred us to sign a top CM but that's not going to happen.

romeo9535 and Artorias like this.
  2. Jeremie Frimpong

It is important that saleable assets play ahead of Brown, so that we can write off next year's failure to reach the Champions League.

Valhalla likes this.
  3. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    And he knows the city.

I for real tried to say all the previous points at the time, but there is this notion that a player from the SPL will not take us forward and it must be a european player bought for millions. I guarantee one thing Mcginn wouldnt do and thats hide away and not have an impact on the game.
    £2.7m... let that sink in again.

4. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Not an accident for me. Misjudged the flight of the ball and put his arm out. Was falling on to their striker on the volley and he knew it.

5. NorwichCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Rogic All time - Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Sad to say it , but would’ve been better if he would’ve taken the Australia move might’ve forced us into a replacement , clearly needs replacing for over a season now and the board/manager have abused the fans loyalty and not done it.

We tried to sign mcginn to replace him at the beginning of last season , that fell through and since then we haven’t tried anyone else , complete negligence

6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Disagree. He's still a massive figure for us and plays a huge role behind the scenes that can't be overlooked.

What we do need to do is manage the games that he plays. Expecting him to play 90 mins in a box-to-box role in every single game we play is just ridiculous.

Given the fact we placed bids for Turnbull & Sawyers it suggests that the manager wants another CM in, as always our turgid approach to bringing in players has meant we're still playing him in every game.

Broony will be back. It's undeniable that he is not declining but he can still contribute for Celtic Football club in a huge way both on and off the park.

Random Review likes this.
  7. Pearse67*

Neither of those players you mentioned are defensive minded or would have covered for brown.
    The club has the * blinkers on but everyone else can see hes done.

Valhalla likes this.
  8. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Paul is on about liking the tweet being an accident mate :50:

PaulM1888 likes this.
  9. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Ah my bad haha

Marty McFly likes this.
  10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    There's a reason he was seriously contemplating moving to the Aussie A league in January..

He should have been better managed and then phased out with more of a back seat captain's role, whilst being used sparingly..

McGregor showed he wasn't just a replacement, but an upgrade on Broony as our tempo was quickened up going forward and we dominated the midfield more..

We should then have had someone in by now to be a future anchor man as McGregor can play anywhere in midfield competently..

The way player's glide past Broony or fly in to him now knowing he hasn't the legs to move it quickly or get out the road....is there for all to see..

I don't want to see a guy I've never slagged off in almost the whole time I've been on here....getting bullied or skinned by diddies because he simply isn't at it anymore..

A decision has to be made now. Either by Broony his self if Lenny isn't gonna be brave enough..

If it isn't and he continues to play 3 time's a week....for 270 odd minute's a week.....then we've got big problems ahead..

11. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    If he plays on Saturday then it's clear what Lennon's view is, 4 games in a week for a guy his age would be a * joke.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  12. Pearse67*

He wont be dropped, he wont be rested, he will play every * minute.

As @McGuire said, problems ahead!

McChiellini.. likes this.
  13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Maybe not but they would give us the option to play Christie in the '8' role which he excels at.

We need a big, athletic * of a DM though.

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Resting him Saturday means nothing now..

If he was rested at Kalju away. Brought off when pumping St Johnstone at home around the hour mark. Left out for Fir Park with the intention of last night in mind, then fine. If that's how highly Lenny still rates him then rest him in between as much as you can and get your captain as fit and fresh for our biggest game's as possible..

Hasn't been that way at all though. No a single minute of rest....and it shows..

Random Review and Keano88 like this.
  15. Pearse67*

I was gonna type out a reply regarding what we need to buy but whats the point.

We are all raging and could see ALL of these issues coming a mile of yet the people who run this club dont seem to give a *.
    Tell ya what though if we do lose the ten, and there is now a very realistic chance that could happen, the board will never be forgiven and that * lawwell should be chased out of town.

16. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Must use him less..

There’s games we will need his leadership in still, but I want to see us sign a DM.. it’s a must..

In the meantime..

McGregor
    Ntcham Christie

17. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Agree with all of that but if he isn't dropped for Saturday then it means that Lennon will never learn and we're just going to keep going with him anyway.

Whoflungdung and McChiellini.. like this.
  18. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Nah that handball in the box was inexcusable. I'd not bother resting him, I just wouldn't play him.

Whoflungdung and Gully Sands like this.
  19. NorwichCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Rogic All time - Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Doesn’t need rested , needs dropped

Been great for the club but need to be ruthless to improve , Rodgers kept gerrard in the Liverpool team too long and it cost him , same will happen to Celtic eventually , a solid defensive midfielder and instantly our defence will look better

20. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Need a player behind them! McGregor looked good there against poor sides mainly at home. For Scotland, he was clearly out of his depth.