1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He offers the players nothing.

Keep in mind this is full of players who came here under the illusion of Rodgers, the ideology of developing from a younger age, looking after their body, their fitness and conditioning, putting an arm around them and coaching them properly. Using sport science to help them understand their body and ability and had us working on a training style that you'd find at top clubs.

The players have went from that to Lennon who has now openly admitted to not even reviewing the last game.
    The diet is clearly out the window and fitness is an after thought left to the player themselves (which yes they take their own personal responsibility, but they are used to and want a working condition that micromanages this for them).

I would honestly be happy for us not to throw another 6-10million in January (which Lennon or Kennedy would ask for to "fix" it) and keep the players we have and spent literally that on a coach and a couple of key staff for him (tied to us though and not the manager) and get this squad back on track.

It's full of talent that can go unbeaten, if they are coached and motivated properly.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

2. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    They will try. We need a manager who has the experience to turn around a league. I'd take Strachan, but I'm not sure if the board would even take him over the cheaper Kennedy.

Peej likes this.
  3. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Laurent Blanc, Ranieri. Bank breakers but names of that ilk are needed.

I couldn’t care less if they came for only 6 months to steady this club - that is how bad it is at the moment.

Peej likes this.
  4. john2061

With the non event of the Europa game this week and league cup tie this weekend would give the new manager a couple of games to look at the squad.
    But Desmond must make it now and when the January window comes sell the players who want away and bring in a * decent goalkeeper and and a couple of defenders who can defend .

Peej likes this.
  5. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Are those 2 unemployed at the moment? I don't follow sackings of managers that much.

TIART likes this.
  6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Paraphrasing the interview question here:
    "With a good spell in the final twenty minutes how do you carry that over to get them to perform like that for 90minutes?"
    Lennon(exact words): "they've got to look at that themselves".

No Neil, * no.
    Literally this is your * job!

Get to * out of our club lennon! Absolute * of a man now.

Knew I shouldn't have listened to that interview this morning.

7. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    My first thought was if they give Kennedy the job I'm done with it. Then I had the thought Kennedy must have learnt a lot from BR and the rest and perhaps Lenny is keeping him down. Lenny would want to be top dog and I have a feeling he would feel uncomfortable with someone at his side who might be a little more astute.

Maybe we're being a bit harsh on Kennedy. I don't think there's any saving this season as the board will let it limp on. Lenny will probably go or be pushed in the run in and perhaps they will get Kennedy (the cheap option) to step up and show what he can do for a few weeks before the season ends. If he shows a lot more than we expected they will give him the job. We've seen this scenario before. There's no way that they're going to bring in a class manager as the wages and demands he would make wouldn't suit the board.

It might actually be best if they took this action now. * knows we can't do any worse.

8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    My hope is (should it play out that Kennedy is promoted) that Kennedy has been * off with Lennon as well and has basically taken a back sheet (much like the players) and waiting this out.
    It's not professional at all and really I don't think I would want that attitude at the top of the table for us, but it's the hope that he suddenly gets the step up and comes out with all the modern day stuff he has learnt from deila and Rodgers and is just biding his time.

It's the hope, but the fear is he's been here too long and twice under Lennon to have picked up bad traits and not be remotely experienced or have the connections in world football to bring in decent coaches to help him or use his name to demand respect, attract players etc.

It'll be a cheap and lazy option for sure.

9. Bonobhoy

* SAKE.

Some of you need to look at yourselves here,absolute disgace over the last 24 hours.

Yes we all want him gone from the club now, but calling him all sorts because hes still here (and thats down to the board) is * hun like.

The guy needs to go,but hes still a * Legend for our club.

Whats hes went through over all the years for us with his health,safety of his family,and attacks he deserves all least our appreciation for that......to start mocking him,calling him all sorts is just * disgusting and shame on you.

HE HAS TO GO,thats the bottom line,he has lost the dressing room and using the scattergun technique to deflect,it happens,sadly its happened during our most important year.

Yes i would rather he left of his own accord,but how much does that happen at any club at any level....this is on the board.

And people acting like this,no wonder we dont want people like Henrik here,would do the exact same to him if he failed.

10. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I think that course of action might be just as bad as keeping Lennon (unless the board add coaches to the staff roster).

Kennedy was criticised many times on here for the team's poor defensive performances throughout the years, since he is apparently the defense coach.

11. CountyDownFaithful

If he’s still here by end of play tomorrow then the problems at our club are much greater than we all think.

12. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

100% agree. Never wanted him back as manager.

He needs to go, some of the comments being fired out are * disgusting though.

Anyone resorting to getting personal with a Celtic legend, (and that's what he is) and tagging him with the accusations huns thrive on is a low down * * * and if you are giving it that patter then go * yourself...shower of *.

13. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Bollix.....

If he cares one jot about the club hed * walk...

14. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It means Desmond doesn't feel the need to step in and override Lawwell. Yet. that is the problem you speak of. Lawwell has too much power, and has too little clue or interest in the football we play.

15. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
    Thanks Lenny for all you have done but like MON football and tactics have moved on and are moving on quickly

16. Bonobhoy

So because he wont walk people throw * like that towards him.

yeah i can see why all the managers are lining up for this position

Random Review likes this.
  17. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

So he doesn't care about the club? Have a word with yourself.

Random Review likes this.
  18. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Not to mention the fact Lawwell basically admitted he didn't even review applications for the position of manager at the end of last season. Shelved them in a drawer.

19. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Yes.. and if he continues with this shambles it will only get worse... welcome to football

20. lazyregula

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing!
    I don't just blame lennon. The players need to have a look at themselves. It's like without a crowd there spurring them on they just can't find that extra to scrape those wins we used to. 10 in a row slowly slipping away here.