1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Cross Platform] Gran Turismo 7

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by hidey-holey, Mar 5, 2022.

Discuss Gran Turismo 7 in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. hidey-holey

my * this game is hard. i dont think gtsport or gt 5/6 being this difficult.
    or maybe microsoft spoiled me with their forza series.

most appreciated feature were the cafe and their insight into individual car performance and history

2. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    I think I'll wait to get it. I loved the older games but the online only thing has put me off a bit. Is the AI any better?

3. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    My internet is only 49mb download 17 hrs to download it

4. hidey-holey

Not sure about that because im playing with easy, but i think g7s have one of the best ai in the racing game without going far to unforgiving like some more serious racing sim games on pc,
    but the ai is balanced well enough and realistic without over aggresiveness like grid sseries

5. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    I'll probably get it when the price drops a bit.

6. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

The missions and licenses are solid, but addictive.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  7. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    The videos to start The game though * * brutal

8. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    See its getting review bombed so I might stick to forza . Few saying it's a pay to win type game.

Artorias likes this.
  9. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aye seems like it tbh

10. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    They have stuck in loads of microtransactions, its shocking. They have also made it so the way you can get the in game currency to buy/earn the cars is even more of a time sink. This will therefore push people to bite the bullet and pay for microtransactions. Such scummy practices.
    Forza was alway better to play imo anyway. I know Forza had microtransactions too but don't think they were anything like how sinister and exploitative as this.
    There is also the fact that they have made the game DRM dependant and so you have to be online to play even the single player. There was an outage for maintenance which lasted days. So days you couldn't play the game and then when it did come back you found you earned even less for races etc. Horrible stuff.

11. hidey-holey

its far from pay to win mechanics.
    you get 3 free themed cars each time you complete a mission.
    im on mission 34, 17 hours in and only spent once on my credit to purchase one car (an old nsx from used dealership)
    the majority is tuning and customizaation
    and racing is limited to performance point of the car (even in the early race ist a mere suggestion only), so you basically cannot put a ferarri in a race of mini hence theres no point to spent real money to win the race.

the backlash apparently from always online mechanic and the long maintenance few day back,
    also theres this legend dealership that put outrageously priced car for limited time. but theres far more usable normal cars with normal price with even better performance.

microtransaction here exist only to cater those that want to collect everycar in the first month of the game being released

if anything gt7 is only being thrifty, furthermore with the latest update.

12. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

It’s definitely not pay to win. Furthest thing from it.

13. hidey-holey

new update gave one mil redeemable until april.
    also theres promise to increase prize winning in future updates.

14. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Brilliant game. A never played racing games really but this is addictive as * love it

MacEwan likes this.
  15. Fully87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Does anyone play this on the PSVR 2? About to splash a wad on the headset but if a cant look around at 360 degrees it could be a deal breaker, in all the videos a have seen nobody ever looks behind them so is it possible to look out the back window?

16. Bonobhoy

Im assuming yes. I race a lot in VR on PC and they all have the ability to look in 360....thats the point of VR.

BTW if you havent tried any racing in VR you in for a great surprise.

I started off with just a wheel and pedals and now i have a full motion platform...LOL..

Stunning

Fully87 likes this.
  17. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I'm imagining you living in a big arcade. Sleeping on a turned over change dispenser.

Fully87 and Bonobhoy like this.
  18. Fully87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    A spend a fortune on gaming but you take it to another level a remember you posting your setup a couple weeks back:50: Yeah am going to go for it then it costs about 540 quid but you get Horizon Call Of The Mountain with it plus a have Resident Evil Village already which is meant to be good in VR. Hopefully Sony get Half Life Alyx on to the platform as that seems to be the best VR game to date.

19. Bonobhoy

Honestly you won regret playing in VR in Racing. The only issue is lack of titles and to justify the price of PSVR but the games library will grow.

Racing games in particular are fantastic in VR,i got addicted very quickly and just saved to buy everything as i quit drinking smoking years ago and had a good bit of cash saved.

Went down a Rabbit Hole i aint coming back from....But its immersive as *.

Fully87 and Artorias like this.
  20. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade

Aww man, get those licenses so far to *. That's 6 times I've done them, 6 * times. Wouldn't ever have to to that IRL (unless I got 5 bans with resits but you'd probably get permabanned by the third time).

Don't think I'll bother with 7 now. Oh great start and stop, wonderful, start and stop with a slightly faster car, fantastic, hairpin, excellent hairpin in a slightly faster car. * that, it's my game I just want a race against something faster than a Yaris.

5 and 6 were pretty disappointing (oooooooh Moon Buggy, just what I love: driving in a racing game at jogging speed).

I recently went back to 4 and was amazed by the depth of the game. At start up 5 and 6 are pretty empty comparatively. Just saw some footage of 7 and to me it honestly didn't look any better or worse than the PS3 games. When I went from my Atari to my Master System and then that to my SNES you got a huge and noticeable upgrade in sound and graphics.

Just watched some videos about the game and it seems very linear and lacking in variety. Forcing you into winning 3 * hatchbacks to get going at the start seems a bit crappy. Haven't even played the game yet and I already have severe backpfeifengesicht for that Luca *, his smug wee facing popping up all the time. Don't want an explanation on what FR means, just want a * race.

I was affected by the PSN being hacked a while ago. I can't remember if it was 5 or 6 but I lost everything and had to start from scratch. Won't bother with a game that almost entirely downloadable (is there a disc version?), really don't trust Sony to protect our data and I don't like permanent online to play the thing.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2023