1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v FC Copenhagen Thursday 27th Feb 8PM BT Sport ESPN

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Feb 23, 2020.

Discuss Celtic v FC Copenhagen Thursday 27th Feb 8PM BT Sport ESPN in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. DonnyCelt

Just woke up and still fuming with that display last night. Ffs Celtic!!

Artorias likes this.
  2. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    For me it's all about the league title, so I'm not overly bothered about being out but we were * last night. As a standalone performance it was unacceptable but our form elsewhere and in the Europa group matches has been phenomenal. Let's get the title sewn up asap and go for another treble

Chavez, johnboy19, Smithy and 2 others like this.
  3. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Their keeper was top class and really kept them in the tie throughout the two legs. Could argue it was poor finishing but his positioning was spot on for most of them.

4. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Thought he was a very good keeper too.

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Hoping Celtic get beat to prove a point.

Well done.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    Marty McFly likes this.
  6. saltire78

We're not defined by them, no matter what all of the 'OF' lovers shout about... they've been poxed by their draws, but their luck will run out, because they're *! * that they'll pick up the extra cash from another tie, but it shouldn't mean anything to us if we utilize our own wealth... unless they win it - extremely unlikely - it's only more fixture pile-ups in their calendar

7. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    You can't say they had the luck of the draw when we had a great draw and * it.

8. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Nailed it.

NakamuraTastic and Sydneysider like this.
  9. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Disappointing as it is nothing will change the result this morning ,we got beat by better tactics. You have tp be honest to yourself, did you realistically think we could go on and win the Europa? I didn't think so, so going out is a disappointment yes but not the end of the world. We have the Corrupt SFA cup to play for this weekend, do we think we have a realistic chance of winning that? Of course we do. Players need to pick themselves up for that as there is more to lose. If we lost that game it would be a major disappointed that would dwarf the defeat by the Danes. Lennon got it wrong last night but he will get it right on Sunday. Domestically we can't be touched at the moment, the players and the supporters need to move on and concentrate on the domestic front. Let the Huns have their moment and gloating,if it bothers you, just point to the trophy cabinet

NakamuraTastic and Dannybhoy81 like this.
  10. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Couldn’t come on here after the game last night as I knew it would be full of disgraceful knee * reactions. Yes it wasn’t a good display at all but it’s done now and we move on. After falling it this same hurdle again it’s obvious we are not defensively solid enough for this stage of Europe. Some investment in the defence is needed this summer or it will be the same old story next season.

Let’s keep the winning run domestically going and it we can win at the * pit then last night will become a distant memory.

11. Foley1888

Likewise feel the same as after the Cluj game. When you get beat by good sides fair enough but I actually think Cluj were better than Copenhagen. They were also missing a number of players and sold their top goalscorer before the tie.

Even in both games we created far more chances (first leg in particular) and proceeded to waste them. It isn’t helped when you will struggle to find four poorer goals conceded than the four we have over two legs at this stage of European Football. Real howling individual errors the first two with Ntcham over there and Jozo last night. Their 2nd last night is the type of goal we lose in Europe all the time where someone tried to make something out of a terrible ball out of defence but ends up putting to other team through on us with most of our team the wrong side of the ball.

DonnyCelt and Sydneysider like this.
  12. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    In a attacking sense yeh but that chest down what the * was the guy thinking absolutly unforgivable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I think there has to be a performance on the park to shout about to get the whole stadium rocking and particularly goals. When the games sitting a 0-0 and in the balance and the fan's are nervous I don't think there's ever a great atmosphere. That's been the case at every European game I've been at for years - Bayern, Benfica etc.

14. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I think tactics played a part in the defeat - in retrospect should have played Griff last night as needed 2 strikers against a packed defence and should have pressed them higher and harder from the off. But overall we were the better team and played the better football over the 2 games. I think the main reason is that our players didn't handle the big moments in the tie as well as their players did. We had at least 4 good chances and a penalty and scored 2 and they had 4 good chances and a penalty and scored 4. They didn't gift us any goals by making mistakes and Jozo gifted them the most important goal of the whole tie - we had looked pretty comfortable until then. It was the players who gifted them a 2nd goal 3 mins after we scored. I think the players have to take the bulk of the blame.

Sydneysider likes this.
  15. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Only positive can take from last night is arsenal are out kinda takes the attention away from ourselves south of the border

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Everyone was happy with the team before KO, including me..

Truth is Elyonoussi, Rogic, Forrest, Brown all looked to be struggling with fitness for one reason or another.

The rest including the pivotal Edouard and McGregor had poor games..

Only Taylor, Jullien and Elyonoussi pass marks for me.

Jo-Jo-Buffon and Mickmac like this.
  17. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He played well but our finishing was rank rotten.

The griffiths chance sums it up. That's luck on the keepers part...griff puts it in the ONE part of the goal where he can get to it. You couldnt make it up.

JML67 likes this.
  18. TESLA Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vernon Dursley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry.
    Felt genuinely numb last night walking around the place, the sheer euphoria of getting the penalty then that crash down to earth, * killed me.

19. seamus1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is your land.
    You'll Never Walk Alone.

' Mon the Celtic.

:champ:

johnboy19 likes this.
  20. BathBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Here we go again
    If you look back I think you'll find I was far from happy with the team before kick off.