1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is it ONLY the SPFL that seems outraged and opposed to UEFA's June DeadLine?

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Airdrie Onion, Mar 18, 2020.

Discuss Why is it ONLY the SPFL that seems outraged and opposed to UEFA's June DeadLine? in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Airdrie Onion

Wondering about my hole getting mustarded
    Only the SPFL - from what I've seen across Europe, the other leagues' attitudes seem to be wait and see and resignation about how to get it done.

The general feeling seems to be 'Will do if possible' - not this spitting the dummy crap from the SPFL.

I'm not but to be cynical and accuse people of agendas...but.....anyone have the same feeling???

2. JamesM09

Probably because our clubs need the prize money to cover the lack of games from now until then. I can understand that to be fair, especially considering how unlikely finishing by the end of June is.

UEFA should’ve given the go ahead to declare the leagues now and release the cash if the FAs felt there were clear final positions, which there are up here.

3. Airdrie Onion

Wondering about my hole getting mustarded

I agree that declaring the league standings as final would be the best option, but failing that they might want to look at closed doors games. That, though is always gonna be a bad deal in terms of virus containment. If thet had any balls they'd just declare the league finished and Celtic champions. If not what the frigg else have they got to put on the table? What alternative are they offering? Useless shower of fuds.

And why the angry response? At least UEFA is suggesting something constructive in the way of outcomes.