1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Weightloss/ Getting Fit Thread!

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Joe T, Dec 29, 2011.

Discuss The Weightloss/ Getting Fit Thread! in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Joe T

As of late i have been putting on the pounds, probablies due to over indulgance with larger and junk food (namely dominos) and a few bad long term inujuries stopping me playing football. I was wondering if anyone has lost a decent amount of weight of late or has been successful in getting fit and healthy? and if so what did you find the best way togo about it was and did u diet etc?

I am 6foot 2inch and last time i weighed myself i was around 13 1/2 stone but i have put wieght on since! i would guess i am around 14st.

I will find out my exact weight and each week update what the new weight is. would be great if anyone else wants to do it aswell. I am obviously aware that being healthy is alot different from being skinny and vice versa so even if its just giving up something or going on a run every day, you could let us know how its going in here?!

2. Lennon1888

I'm going to buy a cheap treadmill as i'm growing *. :56:

3. Joe T

haha mate same, i will down La senza soon getting an A cup.:56:

4. smithy18

a lost about 4 or 5 stone over a 7 month period by just doing cardio work a would go on the cross trainer for 45 mins a day and just try and stay away from fizzy juice, pre made meals,takeaways and crisps and that obviously have a treat once a week this was a few years ago and I have piled the pounds back on but started to get into a bit of a regime so a would be up for doing it once a get rid of my cold

5. Joe T

nice one mate! that a good effort over 7 months!!!!

as i say i will find out my exact weight and update once a week!

good luck with that cold, i have managed to dodge one so far this winter...nothing worse.

6. smithy18

i have had it about 4 times this winter does my box in. good luck with your weight loss and keep us updated because it is quite hard to keep yourself motivated and hearing how other people get on will drive you on to keep it up

7. Xavier Woods

Fav Celtic Player:
    Erik Sviatchenko
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    i want to get a treadmill or a rowing machine or something in my room but there's no space for it, think i might join the gym after new year, want to lose the belly!

8. liammcdowell

Where the climate is raw and the gun makes the law
    Fav Celtic Player:
    KT63
    And that's all you did? The elliptical for 45 mins a day and cut out the junk food. How long did it take for you to see results?

I'm 23 years old and I've got a bear belly like my old man, so my New Years resolution is to lose 4 inches off my waist, I'm not that fussed about pounds and ounces, its all about what you look like. Do you think something like this would work for me?

9. Joe T

the common theme seems to be this fookign beer belly!haha.

i am goign to try and give up larger while am doing this and just drink vodka and diet lemo or vodka and orange!

10. liammcdowell

Where the climate is raw and the gun makes the law
    Fav Celtic Player:
    KT63
    I don't even drink lager really, I've just got this big belly. Mine is definitely from eating too much *, and far too big portions I think, combined with not getting enough exercise.

I'd been thinking about joining one of the fancy gyms but at £60 a month I might just buy an eliptical for about a hundred.

For anyone who knows about this sort of thing, is that the best machine to lose the belly, I have literally zero experience of the gym stuff.

11. smithy18

after a couple of months but a was a couch potato with a high calorie intake so i was able to burn calories of quicker because it was quite a big shock to the system after the a while and once you lose quite a bit your body burns less calories so its something you need to do continuously which was my problem in that aI just couldn't keep myself motivated

12. Lennon1888

You should buy the cheap and nasty treadmill which im gona buy its £150 off amazon confidence or something is name of it. :50: This http://www.amazon.co.uk/Confidence-...ED0S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325198932&sr=8-1 looks quite small aswell.

13. Xavier Woods

Fav Celtic Player:
    Erik Sviatchenko
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    i'm the same, but i drink a * load of ginger aswell and that doesn't help at all!

14. ORIGINALS

eat carrots and do sports.

15. smithy18

you should just join your local gym or buy your own machine unless you want to use a lot of different machines but most gyms these days have all the machines you need. the fancy gyms just charge extra because they other different services mainly through there personnel trainers that they get to make an exercise regime for you and a diet plan
    that or the treadmill you want something that keeps you on your feet as you lose weight quicker with it.

16. Joe T

17. Lennon1888

:56:

18. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

I joined the gym a few months back,i was 16 stone.

I am now 16 stone 8 pounds.

:56:

neilly1987 likes this.
  19. Xavier Woods

Fav Celtic Player:
    Erik Sviatchenko
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    :56::56::56:

20. Xavier Woods

Fav Celtic Player:
    Erik Sviatchenko