1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Europa League

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by DJ CJ, Aug 13, 2019.

Discuss The Europa League in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

I know :56:

3. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Lilac Wine likes this.
  4. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Feeling a bit guilty giving Oli such a hard time when he said he can't get inspired playing the wee diddy teams. He'll be thinking it's not just him.

I don't believe that's the case and last night's result was freakish, how often is Broony making that mistake and the ball kept falling to their feet. We messed up. Folk can't seriously think Cluj would beat us at home more than 1 in 10 times?

It's very worrying thinking we could lose our seeding in the CL qualifiers. The thing about the EL, it's not just us suffering from the elitism of the CL, loads of top teams are in it so it's good for us to take it seriously. Couldn't give a * what the huns do or don't, they have nothing to do with our approach to Europe.

We are still a good team, just need a LB and we'll be trading punches again.

5. horseshoe

When does he not? Obviously way back he was one of the few people openly talking about deadco's woes before they went under, and rightly deserves some credit for that, but since then he just keeps throwing * at the wall hoping something sticks, he's barely a step above the the rags and itk bloggers these days.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  6. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I think if we lined up and performed as we did last night, a team on Cluj’s level would beat us more often than not. We have too many easily exploitable weaknesses.

Whoflungdung and Lilac Wine like this.
  7. Thommo92

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Agree with most of this but we need more than just an LB. We need an upgrade on Brown in midfield, someone with a defensive mind in there.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  8. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    * is he saying we scouted Jullien and Boli before Lenny was appointed? That doesn't make sense, why would we spend £10m on players the new managers hasn't assessed? It would make sense him not even trusting them in a game against Cluj though. It's hard to think of anything making sense to Lenny last night.

Does sound like big Pedro is going to feel it after this. Terrible butchery of CGI btw

@Thommo92 Agree, there's probably a lot of long term bolstering of a lot of positions we need to future proof cause look at where KT leaving left us. Broony's replacement should've been a priority a couple seasons ago, we're never affording a ready made replacement, that kind of quality we're going to have to spot potential and develop.

True but Lenny is not going to make so many mistakes in the one game again. Morgan has to be loaned out now so he won't be featuring. Lenny is quoted as saying he played Callum as LB to accommodate Ntcham in midfield? Why? Callum is by country miles our most creative midfielder. Not saying we shouldn't take notice but we're much better than Cluj. We have such good creative quality we can't forget it. Cluj went nuts at the final whistle last night because they were not expecting that result in a million years.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    Thommo92 and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  9. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Are we home or away first

10. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    When I saw the team I thought it was essentially a 3-6-1 and thought it was bold but was fairy happy to see us line up like that. The minute I heard McGregor was actually stepping in at left back I had a feeling we were *.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  11. horseshoe

Think a lot of us assumed we were going 3 at the back and going to flood the midfield, still don't understand why that wasn't the plan. Or why our new 7m CB was on the bench.

King of Kings and Lilac Wine like this.
  12. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aye I'm pretty sure that was the general consensus, the way the team sheet was printed out didn't make it easy, 11 good quality players, what could possibly go wrong...

13. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Everything !!

14. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    I had different experiences but we both know how much trouble they have with hooliganism and my point is that i am quite sure that they would use this tie to show of their violent behaviour.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

15. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Tell them if its a fight they want then they should wear Peter Lawwell masks ;-)

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Ahh who could have bet! There is the club Putting the dates and details about the Europa on there twitter feed. Absolute Laughable they would be as well Stating point blank “Geez yer Paper *”. Couldn’t make it up they can take a flying * to themselves Us fans have been fleeced for to long Time to take a stand , We keep this fine club going give it everything and the folk running it can’t learn from previous mistakes as close as last year? How hard can it be! They can get tae , No doubt they will announce a concert or a Rugby final to pull in the loss in ticket revenue

18. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Sort out the defence and we could go a long way in the Europa league....the problem is we wont sort out the defence, we never do.

blizzard bhoy likes this.
  19. shaun.f

leagues more important. no fussy if we qualify.

20. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It doesnt matter if we are far superior to them if the players are not being picked or are played out of position.