1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Moussa Dembele

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Sean Daleer, Jun 28, 2016.

Discuss Moussa Dembele in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

they had a fry up.

2. tollyfarmer

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    What was the evidence? Derek Rae repeating it at Dingwall live on BT?

1. Derek Rae doesn't cover all our game's. 2 You do know host's of scouts take in a variety of game's but are never mentioned and 3. What big club ever comes out saying we're scouting this boy and dying to sign him?

I'll answer for you....none, as it's not the done thing at all. A good indicator is a top manager singling a player out for repeated praise though..

4. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    The breakfast of real scouts , Barca ones just have cereal (see what I did there) :86:

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

top stuff.

6. Minimalist

7. Minderbinder

What were the names of the Celtic scouts who scouted Eboue?

packybhoy likes this.
  8. Minimalist

1. The scouts name was mentioned in the article, I don't know why you're using BTs context of authority and Derek Rae to somehow cover all our games. Manchester United scouted Dembele, and for the fourth time now I believe that because the evidence has been provided.

2. Do they? Can you prove this please. No opinions no ad hominems just a reply with unequivocal evidence that backs up your claim.

3. None, because the press usually claims they know or were there when a player was scouted by Club which is either accurate or bullshit. Majority of the time when the papers get it right is when they provide evidence like the scouts name or picture or video evidence. Unlike the * being thrown out in here where a article claims that dembele was scouted by Real and Barca scouts by stating they can 'reveal' without revealing it. Apparently thats proof though.

9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Minimalist is one of the most clueless * on here.

Aye, ad hominem.

Doogs. likes this.
  10. Minimalist

:56:

What has that got to do with an article claiming that Dembele was scouted by Real and Barca?

11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Because I'm sure that was the first game they'd supposedly been up and that * mentioned it..

Aye mate, hold tight and I'll just phone across Europe.....

Exactly, which is why you won't hear that off of Zidane..... Doesn't mean we aren't and haven't been scouted from Madrid though..

12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

There is no way that Moussa Dembele hasn't been scouted by Barca and Madrid.

For a start, Zidane talked up Dembele not long ago and will have scouts keeping an eye on his progress.

Dembele had a good CL campaign in a group with Barca, they will definitely be watching him.

13. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

Upon reading quotes like this, you need to take into account why and how the topic of Dembele came up.

It's likely ZZ was probed on Dembele by a reporter and this is his retort. Seems a slightly generic response, to me. Hardly going to say "Dembele c'est * merde!"

Also seems like he has his France cap on, rather than Madrid. Talking from a French perspective.

All big clubs with good networks will have paid attention to Moussa at some point, for me the big clubs need to see much more from him until they start getting serious.

Starting next season, hopefully on the back of 25+ league goals and after firing us to the CL proper where he will need to perform.

14. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Yeah sure mate that's how it work :giggle1: You're becoming a parody of yourself just to try and stir * up.

15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    He went a bit more specific than that as well but that would have been in the context of France, it was when he was getting rave reviews for the French Under-21's.

The last bit I agree with, as does Zidane, as he said in the same interview developing at Celtic is the best place for him to be.

ourdaywillcome! likes this.
  16. tollyfarmer

Close my account for I have acted like a fud. I need to change my ways

17. McManus4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    There is absolutely no chance of Dembele going in this window in my opinion.

He signed here for a reason and that was to develop. I'm sure that hasn't changed.

He isn't good enough to play for Barca or Real as yet and I think they're the only ones who could really change his mind.

18. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Yeah best place for him is Celtic, no point in him warming the bench elsewhere, hope we get at least another full season from him, but will be difficult to keep him if a mega offer comes in.

19. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

No bother.

packybhoy, Saul Goodman and HailHoopy like this.
  20. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He's going nowhere in this window, definitely.

Rodgers said as much. I honestly believe we will get another season out of him and that'll be that. He could have gone to a bigger league in the summer but came here for a reason.

He is grounded and enjoying his football, plus his agent seems to be one of the few in world football who isn't a *. With 2 years remaining on his deal we could still demand a hefty fee anyway.

We are in no rush to sell, nor do we have to. It will be the same if we qualify once again for the CL come the summer and beyond. As long as the player is happy here then it is fine. Christ, he could stay another 2 year and still only be 22. No rush at all.

He isn't ready, either. He wouldn't be guaranteed a start in a bigger league right now as good as he is. It is best for him and for his development to stay here. Sounds cliche but it is true.

packybhoy likes this.