1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lack of transfer movement!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Martybhoy87, Jul 19, 2018.

Discuss Lack of transfer movement! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McKagan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ralston
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go home ya huns
    you've taken that too far

JML67 and James like this.
  2. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

I was wondering that myself tbh. No way we should be going the way we are recently. I honestly can’t get my head around it.

* are going on about not getting champions league this season but the last 2 seasons we have got it and done * all to strengthen our position. It annoys me so much because we didn’t really have to spend big money just address the priority positions.

We have needed to improve the defence for probably going on 2 years now and haven’t done it yet people still seem to think we are going to address that before the end of the transfer window in 2 days.

Lawwell, Congerton and the board can get to *. Where the * is Desmond? A club that apparently means so much to him.

Said it before but not addressing the defence has cost us £40 million where if we had just gone out and spent £5-10 million it would have payed for itself because it would have got us over the line.

:31: :31:

3. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

It would surely be the nail in the coffin for the board…

I hope there is major protests towards the board. Seriously getting so wound up about this. The lack of management and ambition is infuriating. That’s the only reason we are not getting CL football this season, not addressing the glaring issues. Knew we would eventually run out of luck and it would come to bite us in the *.

We have brought in more than enough money to cope with missing out on CL this season with 2 previous qualifications, Armstrong money, Van Dijk sell on etc. We haven’t hardly spent a penny. If we sell Dembele at this late stage it’s the final straw for me.

The board, Lawwell, Congerton etc can get to *. Brendan is wanted here more than they ever have or ever will be.

Mince.Charming likes this.
  4. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Another thing that winding me up big time is we know we are a club that develops players and eventually they will move on…

Why are we not preparing lists of targets for each position? Then if someone like Dembele gets offered a move we can move quickly and sign a replacement. * stuff.

Mind you don’t trust Congerton’s judgement anyway. We should really consider revamping our scouting network and get rid of Congerton.

5. ddub11

Keep your money in your pockets.

Dont spend another penny on the club until the board get their * together and get us the players needed to maintain our dominance of the league and the opportunity to progress in Europe

Disgusted the way things have gone lately and the board need to know the fans (the lifeblood of the club)are sick of it..

6. Eastend boy

Fully agree with this,not what I want,but after taking in season ticket money early this board has shown what they think of the supporters by not reinvesting our hard earned cash.
    They have had what,3 months to see what was required by the manager to improve and strengthen the team,which didn’t need a major overhaul only a couple of additions to address what everyone could see needed addressed.
    Granted overall there are other areas that in the longer term should be looked at,but in the main a couple of signings would have seen us through to the next window where we could again strengthen.
    Now it looks like we will be weaker,although the window isn’t shut yet,but i have no faith that this board has the will or desire to spend any money which quite rightly should agrieve the manager who if reports are true wants to strengthen the team and squad to take us further in Europe.
    We’ve heard it all before,all the excuses don’t cut it with me,I’m scunnered with the whole attitude that what we have will do,I would have liked to see how Brendan could have evolved the squad and taken us forward.
    I just feel the board think they can do what they like with no recourse,there’s no one looking over their shoulder saying you don’t want to do that,no one to step up and reprimand them so they just continue as before.

Tommy25 likes this.
  7. Grace

We've made a right * of this.

I don't know what else to say now.

8. Samurai Bhoy

So we seem to build for 5 years, get into a position of strength.....then hit the self destruct button and start all over again :31:

Imagine where we could be if we had have actually used that position of strength to propel ourselves even further.

It’s as clear as day that the board have no ambition of going any further in Europe.
    The goal is to win the league and if we get CL group stages, that’s great, a run in Europe after Xmas is merely an added bonus.

_DannyBhoy_ likes this.
  9. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Rugby League or Rugby Union ?

10. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    This sums it up for me. If we haven't got list upon list upon list of players throughout the world then those at our club responsible for scouting are failing us.
    A simple explanation of how we are set up to do our business would be nice just about now because I can't figure out either our approach or strategy. It's baffling.

_DannyBhoy_, JML67 and shaunbhoy67 like this.
  11. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    We NEED strong competition for Forrest , strong competition for Brown and Ntcham.
    At least 1 quality centre half to go straight into the team and a replacement for Moussa if he goes.

1 day left we'll get nothing.

12. shaunbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    touched on that yesterday as well , surely they knew there would be interest so yeah have a list or at least 2 or 3 who youve spoke to , we knew he would leave it just a matter of when , also the same with boyata , when rodgers said ''we dont have time to get a replacement in'' , surely he must have gave an indication of what his plans where, they said they have been speaking to him for a while about it

_DannyBhoy_ and Xatraps like this.
  13. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    Brendan said in his latest interview , a lot of work going on behind the scenes to improve the team so you would think they would be prepared ,

14. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Face it, we’re no bringing anyone in fs

15. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    It must be a case of every loan player thinking * that I'm no going there, and trying to wait out and hoping Scunthorpe or Las Palmas or something enquire about them.

It's impossible for all this last minute * for us, purse brass neck.

16. Darnok

I've had a feeling for a couple of weeks that we would be getting no-one in. Things are not looking good.

17. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

Going backwards at an alarming rate

18. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    On a positive note -

Nope- can't think of anything

19. HH88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson

I had said this after we were put out of the CL and lots of people on here alluded that there would be plenty of "real fans" there every week. Don't have a brain between them to do the hard thing and boycott until the board sees they have to change

20. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

No need to be a * and come out with comments like "Don't have a brain between them".

If you want to boycott and not put any money into the club then that's your choice to do so; if another supporter decides they want to go to Celtic Park and put money into the club then you should at least be respectful that's their decision.

charlietully likes this.