1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JamesM09

If he doesn’t think he’s done then he deserves criticism for that, because he very clearly is. Arrogance is something you can criticise people for, especially when it’s to the detriment of a team and a support.

It’s ultimately the managements decision but there’s no way Brown has no responsibility here like he’s just another player. He can’t keep up, he should realise that and admit it to the manager. It’s being self reflective and taking responsibility - traits expected of a leader.

CountyDownFaithful and Chieftain like this.
  2. wulliebad

I am starting to think he is part of the stink in the dressing room,he caused trouble while at hibs and helped ronny out the door.

3. aliceinsound

I could be wrong but I think he is very much behind Lennon, which is part of the problem, Lennon will want to keep it keep that way so as to not completely lose the dressing room, therefore he won't drop him.

4. Lewis Kerr

The only way Broony is a part of "the stink" is by playing when knows he should be on the bench. Lennon doesn't have the stones to drop him and Broony can't accept the fact he's done.

5. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Of all the players at the club, Broony is the last person I'd expect to be part of any 'stink'.

6. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Please for the love of the wee man, don’t mention McGinn.

This pains me and is one huge reminder of why our board are * *.

7. Maestro 08

I think the evidence now and previously points to Lennon and Brown being pretty tight. He's publicly backed Brown on numerous occasions and plays him near enough every game to the despair of fans.

8. Maestro 08

Thought this had been put to bed a while back. I.e Mcginn wanted to go to Villa instead.

9. stew37

Seen people saying that often but if we hadn't * about with bullshit offers at the start reckon there's every chance he would have come to us.

He said afterwards his reason was that Villa told him he'd play every game. He's arguably no going to be sitting at the Villa interview after signing, saying he actually wanted to play for Celtic and this was his 2nd choice.

Only he'll know deep down.

10. Chieftain

Fav Celtic Player:
    Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Agreed. I remember Gary Neville retiring after a game in November against West Brom I think. He was getting skinned all game and realised it was the end. So, not all up to the manager, sometimes it can be the players responsibility

JamesM09 likes this.
  11. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    In the end when we eventually matched the valuation Villa offered, Villa had already spoken with John and they offered good terms and by that point he went to the team who were decisive in signing him.

We had countless bids rejected prior to Villa coming in and John has openly stated he was ready to come - sadly we fannied about as usual and got trumped.

I believe he could have been signed if we weren’t haggling so much and playing on the “he’s a Celtic fan, he’ll reject anyone else” mantra.

Which, on a side note, this board play with religiously with everyone connected to Celtic - especially the fans.

“Keep the faith” “Win, lose or draw” - The board take that for granted all too often.

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  12. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Im not having that Broony is to blame! I think Lennon has created an atmosphere that even Broony cant help us out of.

13. horseshoe

Even if we had signed him, who's to say we would have made proper use of him, people saw him as Brown's replacement, but Brown is still undroppable apparently.

14. JamesM09

Either way, when we missed out on McGinn 2 seasons ago we should’ve put money aside for a marquee midfielder to replace Brown. Not a penny pinching punt on Soro (No harm to him).

15. wulliebad

Players tend to end up where they wanted to be.If he wanted celtic rather than epl gold a few quite words with his agent and he would be here now.same with FF same with those who have had contract offers for months but do nothing but stall.

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

SB: “The way we performed at home wasn’t Celtic, we let ourselves and the fans down. We’ve now got the opportunity to bounce back. It’s going to be a hard game, we need to try make the most of it. We need to play well and we owe the manager this one.”

SB: “We’ve got 100% faith in the manager, he’s been fantastic. The support we’ve had through 9-in-a-row has been incredible. Stick with us and make sure we are all together.”

SB: “I think now’s the time we all come together. The fans have been fantastic for us and this is the time we all stick together, we are pushing for something special.”

SB: “We know the performances haven’t been up to scratch and now is the time to fix this, extremely quickly. The manager and backroom staff are working extremely hard and now for us, when we go on the park we need to do the exact same.

SB: “The Sparta performance at home wasn’t like us and it’s a bit of revenge now for us. Hopefully we can go over there, put in a good performance and get the win.”

17. wulliebad

so 3-0 then rather than 5-0.:fear:

18. James Gold Member Gold Member

SB: “The way we performed at home wasn’t Celtic"

Birthday caird pish

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    It dosen't really matter what player it is, we're at the stage where it's beyond words now, talk is cheap, supporters are no mugs.