1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think we will win 9iar?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul McAuley, Aug 20, 2019.

Discuss Do you think we will win 9iar? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

PS we've already won 9iar

2. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    We started last season badly and won it.

3. CountyDownFaithful

Comparing our squad with Rangers, I don't think there is too much between the sides to be honest.

They've options all over the park which is a big difference compared to previous seasons. I don't look at their squad and see any glaring weaknesses with the exception of LB maybe.

However, we have better quality players who are at a better age or in their peak years if you want to call it that. We do really need to strengthen our defensive side of the game, both full back areas and CB + CDM.

I think it's a case of who can handle the most pressure

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  4. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Their ability to rotate their squad this season is massive. We simply don’t have that. But people forget there’s 10 other teams in the league who will all play a massive part, taking points off here and there off both of us. We need signings badly.

NakamuraTastic and Whoflungdung like this.
  5. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

We’re bang average, but still the best team in the league by a good bit.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  6. Paradise88

We have enough goal threat up front to destroy any team in the league. We need to tighten up our defence. They are looking at LB/RB going by transfers roumers, but no Champions League football is going to make our targets hold out for a better offer.

Hopefully we can still get Gumny

7. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
    Question is will we throw it away

johnboy19 likes this.
  8. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    I think an important point to add is the fact that Aberdeen and Kilmarnock both look weaker this season.

I just had a quick look at the huns' results against those teams and they only won twice in 8 games against those two teams.

I reckon with rangers improving and those two sides weakening we will see Rangers and Celtic pull away this year and we'll see a very close title race.

9. CountyDownFaithful

Our first 11/backs up VS their first 11/back ups

Bain

Elhamed/Ralston
    Ajer
    Jozo/Jullien
    Bolingoli/Hayes

Brown/Bitton
    McGregor/Ntcham
    Christie/Rogic

Forrest/Shved
    Edouard/Griffiths
    Johnston/Sinclair

McGregor

Tavernier/Polster
    Goldson/Helander
    Katic/Edmundson
    Barisic/Halliday

Davis/Jack
    Kamara/King
    Aribo/Arfield

Ojo/Stewart
    Morelos/Defoe
    Jones/Barker

I'd say if bring in a solid, physical CDM we would have an advantage in midfield - as it stands I think there midfield can win the physical battle in derby games as seen last season . Overall we have the better forward line but we have to be midnful they've outscored us in the last 2 seasons and have two decent ST options. Defence is my biggest worry for us.

10. Gerry1972 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Voted yes.

We had a similar poll last season.

11. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
  12. Darnok

It is too early to say, but we have glaring weaknesses in the first 11 and the squad that need to be addressed.

13. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    18 have said no.. * me talk about throwing in the towel :52:

Am sure Lenny wont continue to play CalMac at LB or persevere with Morgan, or he better * not.

Liam Scales and Jax Teller like this.
  14. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Man, I would love to answer this with a definitive yes, and I’ve got a feeling the answer I’m going to give is going to be received quite badly :giggle1:

I make us marginal, and I mean marginal favourites. If I was taking any emotion out of the question, and the window was to close today, I would consider it to be a complete tossup. The possibility of them signing Kent could swing things in their favour, but that would assume we sign nobody of genuine quality - which is possibly the most likely outcome.

Whatever field you’re in, the output that people see is a product of a significant number of inputs. In the case of a football club those input can be so many different variables - stability, training, motivation, tactics, playing squad, transfer activity, financial stability etc. We’ve operated poorly off the field for too long now and at some point it will catch up with us. I didn’t expect us to qualify for the CL this year for the same reasons I believe the title race will be ridiculously tight this year. I just hope that was the only ‘output’ we’re going to experience this season, and we’ll have enough to get over the line domestically, with a weaker squad, again.

15. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    What odds would you give the huns to win the league? PP are giving them 2/1, to put that into context they're giving Liverpool 5/2 to win PL.

I'd still be putting us at around 1/4 to win the league. PSG are 1/7 to win theirs. Munich are 1/4.

16. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Absofukkinlutely !

17. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    I think the next few weeks will say a lot tbh if we win the next 4 games and the performances are good, and on top of that we buy first team ready players for the positions we need then the mood around the club will change. If we don't sign anyone and the performances continue in the same vain as Saturday then I think we have a real fight on our hands.

The fact the question is even being asked at this stage shows how much of a * up there's been since the cup final.

18. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Back in the cupboard you and crunch some more numbers :86: Being pragmatic is something that works in our careers however when it comes to winning the league ... a resounding Yes is all that is required (well that and CalMac not at LB :giggle1:), You need to get on the Scotia bus mate -

ThatsTheFuckingSpirit :50: :treble: AGAIN

King of Kings likes this.
  19. saltire78

If we don't qualify for Europe we'll smash the league, as we'll not have any fixture congestion.

If we do, and we sign a couple of quality additions, we'll win by just about a double figure margin (8-12 points)

If we do, and don't strengthen appropriately? A crap shoot! We'll PROBABLY do it, but by about 5-7 points...

Emphasis here is, it's all ours to lose! Board need to stop messing and Lennon needs to play better players/tactics than we've shown so far...

20. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Yes but we’ll make hard work of it, we should be playing fringe players for both cups and I aint bothered about EL. We’ll run away with it near the end but all depends on how we do against the huns.