1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

UEFA Champions League 2013/14

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Luis1967, Aug 9, 2013.

Discuss UEFA Champions League 2013/14 in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. muffitO'tea

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Some performance from Real. Well played.
    Think they'll win it now.

2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Really didn't want any of the three remaining teams to win the CL. Think I'd like to see Chelsea win it the least.

3. Dallas Cowbhoys

Pumped

Madrid final please

4. Pinstripe

Hope to * Atletico can do the business against Chelsea, if not then hopefully Real will give them a humping in the final.

5. Murph-E

Ronaldo with the most goals in Champions League history, GIRFUY Messi!!!!

Despise how Pep has turned the Bayern of last year, who always looked to score (like when they demolished Barcelona 7-0 on agg) into a tippy tappy team. * hate "tika taka", between Bayern destroying Barca last year and Real destroying Pep's Bayern tonight, surely that's the last of people saying it's the be and end all. It can be out-played by the best.

6. Dallas Cowbhoys

Nor does he have a Plan B. I'd say Ferguson was the best I've seen, then Mourinho. Guardiola has took Heynckes' team, added Gotze and made it worse.....the clown.

Pepe is a *, of course, but he must have won every header tonight. Shame Alonso will miss the final but at least he's won a CL final before. I imagine Pepe will play DM instead.

7. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I don't get how anyone couldn't enjoy watching the tika taka style of football? Especially when they played it under Pep at Barca? It has to be the purest and most entertaining style of football I've ever seen and maybe ever will see. My old man says it's the best he's seen and he watched the Dutch during the International tournaments of the 70s etc.

I will agree though that this particular style does not suit Bayern one bit. In fact, only Barca with those players at that time could really pull it off with the desired effect, and when they did, it was something else. Loved watching it and I'm not a massive Barca fan in any way. Something which they've grew up playing over several years is never going to be coached into a team of pros in the prime of their careers. They shouldn't have tinkered with Bayern's approach which was so good for them last season. If it ain't broke...

8. McStay

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Messi has more CL goals than Ronaldo. In fewer appearances.

Get it right * up Messi indeed.

Just the four Ballon d'Ors to the two as well. Messi must be suicidal.

9. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    You'd think Messi and/or Ronaldo had shagged some of the folks on here's sisters or something with some of the comments :smiley-laughing002:

10. Murph-E

Wow that one really hit you deep, don't gurn :56: more goals in a CL season than Messi has ever managed, ever. G.I.R.F.U.Y :))))

Oh come on let's be honest it is boring as *. Technically amazing, but it's not interesting to watch. Passing the ball around your backline/centre of the park over and over and over isn't good to watch. Bayern Munich last season, especially vs Barcelona in the Semi Finals, that's great football. Tika taka is great passing, it isn't great attacking football.

11. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

GIRFUY Messi?

Now people are supporting players? :56:

These "CR7 fanboys" thing is cringeworthy as *.

12. Murph-E

What? Why can't people ever except that not everybody loves Barcelona and Messi endlessly? I prefer Ronaldo, and I'm delighted he's scored more Champions League goals this season than Messi ever has in his entire career.

GGGIIIRRRFFFUUUYYY MESSI GGGIIIRRRFFFUUUYYY MESSI GGGIIIRRRFFFUUUYYY MESSI

13. Higgie

Ronaldo is a fantastic athlete. In footballing terms though he's not even close to Messi.

14. Murph-E

In goalscoring terms he's managed more this season in the Champions League than Messi has in any season of his entire career.

15. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I don't see how it's boring at all? It's the best football I've ever seen played. It's not a case of simply passing it between defence and midfield either. Fast, sharp, interchanging runs and dummies and it was always in the final third of the pitch where it mattered. It had defences all over the place. Used to be cracking to watch Iniesta, Xavi, Messi and others zip the ball through teams like they weren't even there.

That's why it's not a success at Bayern this season though. They don't have these types of players and therefore it doesn't play to their strengths so they aren't as effective as they were last season. I agree they played football last season as well. It wasn't quite tika taka but it wasn't far off it either. Their football last year had the same quick penetrating effect.

If you want to call anyone's football boring as * then I suggest you take a look at some of the dross the likes of West Ham and Chelsea play.

16. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    You're saying entire career like he's retired? :smiley-laughing002:

The love/hate relationships folk on this site have for/against Messi and Ronaldo is embarrassing.

17. McStay

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Didn't hit me deep at all. The only thing deep are Messi's baws in your missus if your posts are anything to go by.

Goals in the CL overall > goals in the CL for one season. In. Less. Appearances.

Most goals in one game in the CL.

Four Ballon d'Or > Two Ballon d'Or.

Three Champions League's > One Champions League.

6 La Liga titles > 1 Liga title.

Better player overall. Only an idiot who values counter attacking goals/long range goals over technical brilliance would disagree.

18. Murph-E

So I have to specifically add "though, of course, Messi's career is not yet over, so this statistic could eventually become outdated". I'm just stating fact, a fact I'm very happy with.

19. McStay

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Wow. He's scored more goals in this competition this season than Messi has in any season? Must make him better.

Kris Boyd > Henrik Larsson.

20. Murph-E

Nah, you're absolutely raging. It's radiating off your posts. Why are you bringing all that up tonight? Purely because you're raging. I'm bringing up the fact that Ronaldo has scored more CL goals in one season than Messi ever has because he achieved that tonight. You're bringing up all of this because you're raging.

[​IMG]

Settle down.