1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The signings

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by cfc_connor1888, Dec 7, 2020.

Discuss The signings in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. cfc_connor1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Barkas ~ Waste of money, some say he's still a good keeper but needs more time. If a club like Celtic have spent 5M on a goalkeeper he should adjust in about 3 games!

Duffy ~ Absolute pish! His 1st 2 games he was looking sharp then after the old firm he just became *. Wasted our time on him!

Laxalt ~ Brilliant! Sometimes looks the only player alive at times, has given the ball away at times tho.

Turnbull ~ Poor boy hasn't even had a full 90mins yet! Because Lennon still thinks Brown is a 25 year old player with the legs of a 19 year old. Came on as a sub and assisted, played well against St Johnstone last night for the 15 mins he was on.

Ajeti ~ Played 17, scored 5. At the start he looked class, banging them in. Then he's just became * like most of the other played have, shouldn't have * about with Ivan Toney.

Elyounoussi ~ Played 22, scored 11. Been class but has a quiet game every once in a while, Southampton should give him a few starts next season!

Only 2 of these signings have been decent, rest have been *. Turnbull can't be included in * or decent because he hasn't even had a full 90 minutes!

2. James Gold Member Gold Member

It's gone past blaming the players look at Laxalt and Ajeti as you say they have both regressed in the short period they have been here. Not one player in the squad has improved under Lennon

3. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I'm struggling to assess players. No tactics all season, I imagine most have regretted coming here. Regarding Toney, I doubt he would have done anything with Lennon as manager.

The_Bhoy, Sydneysider and Peej like this.
  4. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    In ways, not going to judge too harshly on any of the new signings, even some of the experience guys either.

They've came in to a complete * show of a club where the coaches do nothing to help develop them.

Take laxalt for the example, he comes in from being on the sidelines at Milan for 9 months, he's automatically the fittest, fastest, sharpest, energetic of the lot of them (the entire squad).
    Fast forward two months and he's regressed massively.

The setup at Celtic is terrible for players. They get no help and no coaching. Basic training sessions you expect from an entry level PT at a generic gym. That's it.
    There is no motivation or passion for getting the players in a better condition or to educate them on becoming better players

Football clubs at our level should be more than 11 guys kicking a ball about, like it's your local 7 a side team where you "train" two nights a week.

We need to be educating these guys every day, on what's went wrong, how to improve, how to be better.
    Ideally a player comes here and should leave with a learning experience that has made them a better players. Specially when we are signing players mainly in an age range that still needs that sort of football education.

We don't do that at all currently. No wonder so many look uninterested and to have given up playing for the manager.

So aye, for the new guys coming in, it's clear as day they need help but they've been hit with this *.

Duffy ain't completely absolved of being *, but I don't see at any point where our coaching staff would have taken the time out to help him correct the mistakes or to reorganise a defence to help combat his short comings.
    Instead it's wishy wash words by Lennon and sent back out there assuming the law of averages means we will get a good performance and the players suddenly push on.

Same for Barkas, not going to be too harsh on him. He clearly lacks confidence, came in with a language barrier straight away, fair enough, but was dropped for far too long and does anyone think any sort of actual coaching was done with him? Doubtful.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Sydneysider likes this.
  5. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I was happy with fhe summer recruitment. Let's be honest the vast majority of us were barring maybe another CB or winger.

The players are there.

The_Bhoy, Smithy, Slaw and 1 other person like this.
  6. Onefootwonder

I think we need to stop focusing on the players. When every single player has dramatically collapsed then there is something more to it.

Get a new managerial team in and then see where we stand after a while.

The_Bhoy, Peej and King of Kings like this.
  7. Cringer67

Im sure its been said already- I wont judge the players until we get a proper manager in. Laxalt is a classic example: He is slowly regressing with each passing game as any form of coaching and tactical awareness he was being taught at Milan is becoming more and more redundant with every passing week.

Mr Shelby, Peej and King of Kings like this.
  8. Buster

I was happy with the summer signings, all internationals who on paper should have slotted into and improved our team. Apart from Duffy who’s old enough to know better they could come good if better coached and managed.

One thing that gets me is we sign players who very rarely miss games through injury and then they become injury prone with us.

The huns sign * who haven’t played in the two previous years through injury (Goodson, Roofe etc) and the * never miss a game

Peej likes this.
  9. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Apart from Laxalt . I don't think any of our singings have been great. MOI blows hot and cold, Duffy is dreadful, Ajeti is anonymous and Barkas is hopeless. I will reserve judgement on Turnbull as he hasn't been given enough game time however, he has looked competent on those very seldom occasions we actually get the chance to see him. It could be a case of them all being badly managed as even Laxalt's initial enthusiasm and play has reclined a bit

10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Good window on paper. Hasn’t worked out on the pitch because of the fannies in the dugout.

11. Fully87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Not gonnae judge any of the new players this season until a decent Managment/Backroom team is in place, even our key players from seasons past, have been complete * this season and regressed badly under this regime. I do believe we have plenty of talent in this squad who could still win the ten if we get a top manager in.

12. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I don't blame the players tbh, i think we had a good transfer window, sadly behind the scenes it's all went * up, Lenny and JK look totally clueless, mental.

13. Fully87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Do really want to to see guys like Barkas, Ajeti, Soro and Turnbull make it here, its hard to judge them right now when the full clubs * from top to botttom. A decent manager will spring these guys to life.

Britwell bhoy and The Prof like this.
  14. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    No one can blame the new players for this * show this season . Imagine Barkas being behind that fkn defence he must be shaking everytime the ball comes past the halfway line because i am

15. freitassen

I really can't blame our signings, from Bolingoli to Barkas. Everyone regresses as a player in this team. Give Laxalt time and the same will happen. It is clear as a day the issue is not them

16. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I wasn't happy with the window unlike others. No new DM and not enough wide attacking options. Obviously the fullbacks just don't have what it takes either. Laxalt, Taylor and Frimpong rarely create opportunities. Key positions as well.

Since Forrest got injured we've been * poor.

2 bad windows for me.

17. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    If you look at these set of replacements from last 6 months before the rat left onwards

Foster - Barkas
    Lustig - Frimpong
    Boyata - Jullien
    Jozo - Duffy
    KT - Laxalt
    Armstrong - Turnbull
    Sinclair - Moi
    Dembele - Ajeti

And to think 3 of them replacements are on loan.

All them players on the left on their day with us, and the only player id say we upgraded was Jullien.

I expect Bown and Eddie to be added to that list in just over 6 months. Have i confidence when only 1 in 8 is seen as an improvement?? No chance

18. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Sad reading. No wonder we have went backwards

19. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green

If only, if only. Who is to say he’d have been any better in this * show of a season.

20. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green

If even.... yes Boyata was susceptible to the odd brain fart but he was an otherwise very assured and cultured defender and a Belgian international let’s not forget! Jullien is great on his day too, but let’s be honest, he’s a bit of * at times as well. Gets rag dolled by any big * off striker. And has gave away two really stupid penalties this year off the top of my head.