1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    The danger of being misquoted or blantantly falsely quoted, I'm not too worried about edoaurd, I think he will renew and be gone next summer and I'll be ready for him to go then. It's our model in the first place that allowed us get and develop an edoaurd, part of that is letting them go at the best time for us on the pitch and financially , hopefully we can pick the next edoaurd up before this window is out and come next season we will have a worthy replacement ready to rock.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

MickeyyMack likes this.
  2. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    The bungs are spot on apparently

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

A Celtic source.

MickeyyMack likes this.
  4. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Dembele’s never had a bad word to say about the club, just about the rat. I wouldn’t worry about that side of things.

Moore likes this.
  5. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Hes destined for the Very Top, we all know this!
    But hopefully we try everything in our power to keep him fron the 10 and let him go next season.
    I mean whatevers being offered this year will only inflate next year, he's only going to get better!!

6. apevrak

We invested £18m in the squad last season according to Transfermark, bringing in Jullien, Klimala, Bolingoli, Taylor, Soro, Elhamed, Connell and Frimpong. I don't think breaking the £20m mark or maybe even hitting the £25m mark in transfer spending this season is too much to hope for, especially if we sold one or two of our most valuable players this window. £30m might be more down to wishful thinking on my part.

Just to make it clear, I would rather see Eddy, Ajer and Christie signed contract extensions.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. wulliebad

We have always been slow as * with contracts and never seem to be able to work on two things at once so i'm not overly worried about his new contract being so quiet just now as we have been going full speed hunting a keeper.
    * the media,they just print any old *. i think the board know we need him for the 10IAR and there would be * outrage if we sold him just now and then struggled if the huns are stronger this year.
    I would say the reasons we want another striker in are 1. Bayo is not making any progress. 2. Polish paddy is looking good but might take a wee while. 3.Eddy will go next summer and we want someone in before then so they are ready to go. 4. Griffs addiction to tea cakes might get out of control.

9. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Yes Eddy. Just you keep sharing the fan's love, coz you're here for the 10! Yessss PicsArt_07-10-08.17.15.png

Screenshot_20200730_161248_com.instagram.android.jpg

Seán Mac D likes this.
  10. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    He also said Toney would Score 50 to 60 goals in spfl in one season he can’t even score 30 in league one and spfl in comparison is on par or and probably better because the quality we have and hate to say it the hun * have ..... so how fry comes out with that pish I don’t know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Shelby likes this.
  11. dmac

I find it hard to believe anyone from Celtic told Barry Fry that they had to sell a couple of players to move on. Fry has always been a bit of an eccentric

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Looks * off. Must be on his way...

The_Bhoy likes this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

90 million pound bid from Edinburgh city apparently.

15. stew37

I don't see us spending 20/25m in the current climate mate, the future is still pretty uncertain at the moment. I'm just glad we saw fit enough to spend a decent amount on a keeper.

If we sell any of our first team I'd expect a fair amount of it to go back into the squad but even then the board will be cautious, even more so than previously.

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Neil Lennon says Celtic won’t be caught with their guard down if and when star striker Odsonne Edouard wins a move from Parkhead.

The Hoops gaffer is desperate to keep the 22-year-old Frenchman, who has been a revelation since arriving from PSG.

Edouard’s current contract doesn’t expire until 2022.

But despite opening up extension talks with the 28-goal frontman in June, there has been no progress on securing a new deal.

Leicester City boss Brendan Rodgers has already shown interest in Edouard.

And with an extended transfer window until October 5, Lennon is bracing himself for bids for some of his stars.

Ahead of Celtic ’s Premiership opener against Hamilton Accies, the manager said: “It’s as you were with Edouard’s deal.

There has been no further movement one way or another on it.

“But whether it’s Odsonne or any other player – like in previous years when we sold guys like Dembele and Tierney – we’ll be prepared for it.

“There may be intense speculation around some of our players so we have to plan ahead.

“That’s what we do, it’s like a circular motion.

“We have to keep the wheels moving and be prepared for any eventuality when the market opens.

“It’s going to be a long transfer window until October. There will be pros and cons.

You just don’t know, a club could come in and show real interest in one of your players.

“Then you have to play a waiting game to see if they’re going to bid or if it’s just unsettling for the player involved.

“I don’t know how it will pan out but we’ll have to adapt.”

tarboltontim likes this.
  17. Ipswichbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Not a surprise, agent waiting out for a bid to come in.

Annoyingly he will put himself in the shop window with his performances over the first part of the season. Seems like we're at least being proactive in the transfer market for a striker and not letting ourselves get stuck at the last minute with an unreliable griff and an untested (but promising) klimala if we do get interest.

Just hope we somehow manage to get another year out of him - even if it means he leaves for a smaller fee next summer

18. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

‘Wins a move from Parkhead’

GTF

Seán Mac D likes this.
  19. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Offer 40K a week with a years extension, he’s worth it and then he’ll be sold for £30M+

20. scuzzy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke, KT, Naka, Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry
    PaulM1888 likes this.