1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

FK Jablonec (2) V Celtic (4)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Idioteque, Jul 28, 2021.

Discuss FK Jablonec (2) V Celtic (4) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    One startling thing from that footage... Forrest is one of the taller players.

Dip 'n' Swerve likes this.
  2. Big C

I think the point about Soro is a great one. We need him/someone to anchor the midfield otherwise we are so open to the counter.

3. Dip 'n' Swerve

yes tbf Kamara helped the rangers out doing it so well last season, and when he goes davis covers...or when a defender goes on a run he tucks in to cover
    we play with mc gregor and soro - who are both light and in terms of physical strength and aerial duels find it hard to compete.

I think a fit mc carthy could do the job well and allow mc gregor to dribble up high when he is more of an impact (his tackling game isn't the best he often gives away needless and dangerous free kicks in our half), who plays with them is the 1 million dollar question - I don't think turnbull is the final piece of the puzzle, nor Christie, nor rogic and I would hope by the next transfer window we have eyed someone up.

Be interesting to see if we manage to get 2-3 more signings before the end of the window.

in terms of celtic teams is it just me or is this one the smallest and one with least bite and desire to win breaking balls..taylor, soro, mc gregor, forrest, adaba, furuhashi, ajeti, griff - we aren't exactly going to be a threat from attacking corners or set pieces etc..

a good celtic team always had a strong solid spine running through the team.

the title is won at away grounds in nov, dec and jan when the pitches aren't the best for good flowing football, but the want to win and want to fight for the ball and take the 3 points is vital.

4. Dip 'n' Swerve

kyogo - harder to miss but as long as he learns from it and puts one past at the stadium of darkness sicken them!
    lets go malmo!

5. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    There is no question our lack of size is an issue. Hart certainly helps with that as will Jullian when he returns but hopefully we can add at least one new centre back that adds to our height as well. Maybe even also with a new right back as well. Lustig was 6'2.

Artorias likes this.
  6. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    There is no question our lack of size is an issue. Hart certainly helps with that as will Jullian when he returns but hopefully we can add at least one new centre back that adds to our height as well. Maybe even also with a new right back as well. Lustig was 6'2.
    In fairness credit to his attitude in coming off the bench and really throwing himself at that last cross from Forrest for the fourth goal. Have to agree with you that he is playing better then Turnbull right now. I still would be trying to sell him this window if at all possible though assuming he is continuing to refuse a new contract.

7. Big C

We can’t rely on Julliene coming back and being any good at all. We as a club must plan for the worst which is, he is worse than he was before injury. Also remember he was one that wanted away….

Gyp Rosetti and eire4 like this.
  8. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Overall definitely an improved performance and not just because we won. We looked much more dangerous with our possession then in the previous games where we had a lot of the ball without been very incisive. We scored 4 and could have had more. The down side obviously was how bad we were defensively. We gave up 2 dreadful goals and it could easily have been more. Really the scoreline could easily have been 6-3 and that I think actually would have been a fair reflection on the chances created. So overall a step forward but clearly the backline is a disaster right now while I think our midfield is too lightweight and that is not helping defensively either. Really hoping we see McCarthy back to his best in that 6 role as Soro again just does not convince me he can be our everyday guy there.

Artorias likes this.
  9. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    No disagreement from me there at all. We need for sure to still be brining in a centre back of quality that can be an everyday starter and the anchor our backline gets built around.

10. OziBeerMan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    Off topic but the Celtic FC TV coverage is * woeful. Do the commentators understand they don’t need to talk non stop. And the ambient sound quality was terrible. I like to hear the crowd and the players calls etc.
    Suffice to say I just cancelled my membership. It’s a rip off too.