1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Youssouf Mulumbu

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by The Thumb, Aug 31, 2018.

Discuss Youssouf Mulumbu in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Yep. Either not fancied or blatantly not good enough, in some players cases.

Gamboa, Kouassi, Mulumbu, Benyu, Compper, De Vries - There's 6 players signed by Rodgers, who are still at the club, and have hardly kicked a ball between them. Either because they aren't fancied or just aren't good enough.

In fact I would even include Bain in that list. He's a good player but only gets a look in in the cups or if Gordon is unavailable, despite Gordon being pish.

2. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

It honestly baffles me and then you hear him talk about “quality over quantity” again and again.

Mulumbu wasn’t a Kilmarnock standard of player he was a class above and you could tell he had played at a higher level. He absolutely strolled it for them and bossed our midfield on a few occasions.

I would definitely play him more in games where we need a bit of dig. Brown has been poor so far this season. Ntcham has been diabolical.

Gamboa is still a strange one. He isn’t the best full back by any means but he suits our system a * of a lot better than Lustig does. He gets forward and gives Forrest an option rather than letting him do it all himself. Don’t remember Gamboa getting many chances since he got the two assists against Partick in the cup.

Benyu looked promising initially and I thought Rodgers rated him highly but we have lots of midfielders. Still only 21 but he needs a loan imo somewhere where he will play week in week out before we decide what’s happening with him. Don’t think he made many appearances for Oldham.

I had really high hopes for Kouassi but again he is another one like Gamboa that doesn’t get many opportunities but then is flung in out of the cold and expected to perform and then you don’t see him for months. Was at the Zenit game and I thought he was absolutely outstanding and was probably our best player on the night.

The less said about De Vries and Compper the better. Honestly don’t know why De Vries got a contract extension.

I really like Scott Bain and don’t understand why he doesn’t get more chances. Gordon is * woeful with the ball at his feet and Bain is very good with it. Bain is another one that suits our system better but Brendan again has his favourites that are undroppable. Thought Bain was a decent keeper before he joined but he has surprised me with how well he has done. I always feel so reassured when he plays because he is so calm. I read somewhere the other day aboutour record when he plays and he has a great record especially with clean sheets. Gordon makes some great saves but I just can’t stop thinking he is a massive weak link because of how poor he is with the ball. He constantly gives the opposition a lift by his inability to pick a safe and suitable pass that doesn’t put a teammate under immediate pressure, he does this countless times. Recently the ones that stick in my head are him doing the unnecessary cruyff turn against Aberdeen and then booting the ball out of play. The other one is against Salzburg where he assisted there second goal, although that was by throwing the ball out. When you are at the games you can hear the fans groaning and shouting when he gets the ball.

Officer Doofy and Sonic Reducer like this.
  3. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Agree with much of what you said, apart from Brown being poor so far this season. It’s only since he’s returned just now from injury where he’s looked to be struggling. Before the injury he was still bossing games.

Britwell bhoy and StPauli1916 like this.
  4. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Also agree with absolutely everything said above apart from the Assessment of Scott Brown who has played through an injury earlier in the season, this is also Brendan’s fault for doing so.

Our manager seems to lack the trust of certain players and it looks like he shuts them out.

Rendog likes this.
  5. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

I might have overreacted slightly about Brown :giggle1: Definitely has been more since the injury he has struggled.

Still think Mulumbu is the man to come in when we need a bit more dig in the midfield area, there is no doubt he has the ability to boss the opposition like Brown does.

Obviously there is not many teams in the league where we need that. When McGregor, Christie and Rogic have played together we have been able to kill teams of a lot earlier and have played really good quick attacking football.

Brown shouldn’t have to play through injury. There is no point in having other options like Mulumbu at the club otherwise.

6. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    Did Brendan do this before??

7. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Do what ..play someone who has an injury?

8. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    Shut players out who have not been given a chance.

Sonic Reducer likes this.
  9. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    He has done it to virtually every player he has signed except Sinky Eddy and Ntcham

Rendog likes this.
  10. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Have to be critical of Rodgers here. There's a dozen players i'd ship out before Mulumbu.
    On form our 3rd best centre mid behind McGregor and Ntcham, who has been very poor this season sadly.

If we loan Youssuf yet keep Bitton and Kouassi as backup i'll be incredibly confused.

Xatraps likes this.
  11. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

There’s a subtle but massive difference between shutting players out without giving them a chance and giving them a chance and it becoming apparent quickly it isn’t going to work for whatever reason; DDV, Gamboa, Hendry, Musonda, Compper.

12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Well, definitely the mole then.

13. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Yes your probably right .

PaulM1888 likes this.
  14. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Maybe he expects players to excel almost immediately when they’re put in the team.
    That may not be a bad thing but every person/player beds into a new environment in different ways.

Rendog likes this.
  15. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Youssouf Mole-umbu

bagforlife and Liam Scales like this.
  16. Mr. Slippyfist

Farage was right, ye just cannie trust them brown folk wae the muslamic-soundin names

:40:

bagforlife, Liam Scales and johnboy19 like this.
  17. bagforlife Gold Member Gold Member

:56:you have a very sick sense of humour @The Bunnet :56:and I like it

18. Mr. Slippyfist

I don't know if I like your comment so much because your avatar is making my pants grumble...

:crazy3:

bagforlife likes this.
  19. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I still think kouassi will become good Geniuely do . I might be mad

20. bagforlife Gold Member Gold Member

Wish your avatar made my gusset grumble :52:

Sonic Reducer and Pablo87 like this.