1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Will You Renew

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Stevie6767, Jan 11, 2021.

Discuss Will You Renew in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TransferBhoy

I don’t think anyone is backing the board. There are other options available in order to campaign for change than hitting the club financially.

2. JamesM09

This is my point. I totally respect it's difficult for supporters. At least you've got the decency to admit that rather than pretend it's because you're super faithful.

Fact is, if the majority of fans dropped the 'Faithful through and through' carry on, we'd see change before the next season and no one would miss anything. It's the deluded core singing the board's praises and fearing 'The Rangers' that allows the board to limp on until the rest of us give in.

Peej likes this.
  3. JamesM09

I disagree. They have shown time and time again they only care about money, to a comical degree.

FrankMcCallum and Peej like this.
  4. James Gold Member Gold Member

I will I would miss it too much if I didn't

JC Anton and TheHappyLoss like this.
  5. The Dude

Yes. See Lennon.

FrankMcCallum likes this.
  6. honda Gold Member Gold Member

A year of not being in a stadium and because we lost 2 league games and drew 2 we've to not return to the stadium? * that

7. JamesM09

DD literally puts up with his incompetence..

8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    It is far from just because of "one bad season" though.

9. JamesM09

Is that all that's happened or are you being a wee bit selective there?

Westlondonscot likes this.
  10. TheHappyLoss

Same, but if we don’t get into some games due to COVID I want my money back for those games. Not paying another grand for nothing to these clowns

James likes this.
  11. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Iv been slightly selective tbh :56:

kramer1 and JamesM09 like this.
  12. James Gold Member Gold Member

Aye 100% I would take any refund that was offered just now and took my refund for last year never really understood the shaming of people who took it the board treat us like customers nothing else * them.

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  13. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I gave mines up at the end of WGS last season. Just been going to games with my wee bhoy when we can which was easy to get tickets until Rodgers took over then it became harder but still spent on strips, merchandise, Celtic TV etc.

I ordered £300 odd worth of stuff before Christmas and asked for a refund instead. My wee bhoy has the home strip and clothing from this year but I’m not sinking another penny like I said in the November/December time.

Fans have gone without this season and they do this. * show

JamesM09 and The Phoenix like this.
  14. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    The only way to make a stand at this moment in time and climate is to hit them where it hurts and that financially.

There is no protesting in the stands like the 90’s because of the pandemic so this is the only option really.

15. Cringer67

Ill be back with my old man. Stuck with them when that lot were doing 9 in a row so ive seen worse. I can see why people wont renew though. COVID has financially crippled a lot of families. Combine that with how inept our board has been and its an easy decision for quite a few id say.

TheHappyLoss and Stevie6767 like this.
  16. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Peter Lawwell has been our CEO and has overseen us being overtaken a fourth tier club run by crooks in the matter of eight years.

He has been responsible for carrying out his role as self appointed director of football and consequently signing numerous players without consulting any of our managers at the time.

His stubbornness and inability to give up any control contributed to losing us the second best manager in our history.

He has been directly responsible for wrecking numerous successful signings for us, funnily enough all transfers that each respective manager wanted, and these are only the ones that are common knowledge. I dread to think of the amount of deals he’s * up that we’ll never hear about.

He has overseen CL qualifying defeats to Malmö, Cluj, Ferencvaros, Maribor and AEK Athens, all highly winnable ties, throwing away tens of millions of pounds and limiting the potential of the club, often due to the lack of planning and gross negligence in the transfer market.

Add in to mix the utter contempt he treats the fans with and the unrivalled arrogance he displays and that is reason enough to withdraw our financial backing.

In addition, our main priority as a football club is providing dividends to the shareholders. The club don’t care about you. We have strayed so far away from our founding principles it’s untrue.

That’s before we talk about the catalogue of errors that have occurred in every single department of the club in the last 8 months alone.

I could go on, but it’s slightly more that one bad year.

17. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    i'm totally disgusted with the way the club in general has allowed things to regress so far so * fast. For many many years they have taken us for mugs and the time has come for many to seriously consider if withholding ST money is the way to force change.

Will i renew? The honest answer is at present I don't know and a lot will depend on financial circumstances at the time, what if any changes are made and most importantly if we're even allowed back in. If not guaranteed entry then I don't want to be paying £600 for a pathetic service on a TV service that isn't even live.

18. Buster

Well done mate and quite right too but take the "my" out, it reminds me of that thick hun * outside the Bristol bar :56:

19. freitassen

I understand how important is a season ticket you had all life, and the long queues of people interested on it. But myself, as someone not living in the UK, it would be interesting for me to sign up for Celtic TV, buy more merchandise sporadically. And I don't do this simply because I refuse to give money to this board.

FranceCelt likes this.
  20. seanm

Will I *.*.HH