1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Where it went wrong?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by stubhoy07, Mar 7, 2021.

Discuss Where it went wrong? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    Was on KDS, many pointing out the reaction to Lennon getting the job again was met with despair and linked to the relevant pages in the thread.

It's actually frightening, even maddening, how prescient so many of the posts were. Near universal agreement that we'd placed 10 in jeopardy. I'm sure there was a similar reaction here and on other Celtic fan sites.

Attached Files:

AdamRS, thailandceltic and Gioventu like this.
  2. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Not backing Rodgers when he wanted McGinn and get him one of the right backs he wanted.

That was the beginning of the end.

3. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Strange logic about the goalkeeper their. Gunnar Nielsen is an international goalkeeper. Doesn't mean he is proven quality enough to play for us. Also are you saying signing barkas was an unlucky signing as opposed to a bad signing. If it was an unlucky signing then that would mean Lennon was unlucky with this one?

4. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    If I can remember most people where not too happy but you got the same old back him etc look what happened to him in the past etc.

I never want to see him near Celtic park for a long time

Keano88 and The Phoenix like this.
  5. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    I suppose it's a variation of which came first: the chicken or the egg?

Lennon didn’t appoint himself after all.

So I suppose you could say the ultimate blame lies with those who appointed him.

Without doubt the worst decision made in the history of the club.

6. limezer

For me we have terrible since the start of the season, we had an opportunity to get rid of the coaching staff in November and a transfer window which Lawwell the Board and Desmond Neglected as they know better than thousands of fans, shame on them.

7. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Correct.

Close thread....

DonnyCelt likes this.
  8. Dubliner1

The recruitment killed us. Selling good players and replacing them with duds. The current squad needs a massive overhaul. We need to keep Ajer at all costs, make him captain and build the team around him. We need to get rid of the players stealing a living on decent wages. We cannot take on any Projects next season. We need proven players, DoF and a top manager. How much is this going to cost? Mr Desmond you will need to come with the finance to allow this to happen

9. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Lennon couldn't have won ten even if we had messi and ronaldo.

10. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Where do you start really.

I don't know what to say that hasn't been said before and could type for hours upon hours. To be in this situation after having been so far ahead is gross negligence and no matter what happens from here this season and the clubs actions should not be forgotten.

All the while Lennon slips off and we will no doubt not hear from him till he's on open goal in a years time.

11. Cobbs67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy and Danny

Messing about and missing out on McGinn was the start for me. Also worth a mention was not having a centre half lined up and selling Boyata when we had the chance. Lennon should then never have gotten the managers job full time.

Also, instead of going out and signing players at the start of the transfer windows we would always seem to gamble and wait until after qualifiers. The players should have been in before them !!

bhoy81 and Mince.Charming like this.
  12. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

13. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Very easy- it went wrong when the club decided on the cheap option in Lennon. Who was simply incapable of producing what was required. Everything else was a result of that.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

14. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I think the whole McGinn saga dosen't even enter into the equation tbh, the rat was always gonna * off back tae the EPL at the first opportunity regardless of who we did or didn't sign, by that point his love affair with Celtic and more importantly PL was over.

PL and DD thought they could do it on the cheap by giving Lenny the gig full time, needless tae say it was a massive mistake on their part, that was the time we should've strengthened from a position of strength, but not for the first time we failed to do so.

Sgt Neppers* and charlietully like this.
  15. john2061

Just look at the zombies reaction when he was appointed every zombie phoned in and were delighted he was appointed manager and they had the foresight what was to come and had every chance to win the league .
    The board carries the responsibility for this and Desmond should look at postion as well and not just lawwell and Lennon been shown the door .

Dublin Celt likes this.
  16. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

We all know what went wrong.

Time to move on now.

17. oh bhoy

Lawwell is where it all went wrong the * has been hiring terrible managers,buying cheap players and if any of the bargin bin signings actually turns out to be a player they are sold within 2 years.the cheap * has been backed all the way by the rest of the * on the board. the board should be creating money to improve the team not selling the team to improve the books.its a * up way to run a club and if rangers hadnt went bust lawwell wouldnt of had such an easy timerunning things the way he was/is ,selling frimprong leaving us without a rb for example ,a club like no other ,i cant think of another club who dont give a * about whats going on ,on the pitch

mayo likes this.
  18. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    In fairness Forster has practically made Lennon's Celtic managerial CV seem way more impressive than it is.

Think of the 4 biggest results in Lennon's whole time as manager.

Barcelona 2-1
    Lazio 2-1
    Lazio away 2-1
    Huns league cup 1-0

Who was the standout performer in all of those games.

I agree with the overall point though. With our squad we should still be winning the league comfortably.

19. Living the dream

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnston
    Not giving Brendan Rogers the money to get John McGinn Scott Browns replacement That’s the moment he realised the board had different ideas of a football club he wanted to manage

20. ladbroke8

When he sold Hinkel in 2010