1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Money

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by hairytoes, Jul 1, 2010.

Discuss Transfer Money in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

mate, I know what you are saying,by the close of play,we would have shifted so many players brought in so much cash,
    on the other hand the celtic board will not spend anymore than what they generate from sales, resulting in celtic buying players spending money at the same time
    which looks good to the supporter from income from sales alone

to me its blinding people with science

what i want to see is, replace the players what have gone with a higher calibre
    we just got 2 players for nowt, it will be good to see if we spend more than we can make but some how i dont thinkso

this all boils down to business

2. Redbaz

And what the fxxx happens if bullard gets * in his first games,buying *:38:

3. KMD1951

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish, Davie Provan, Henrik Larsson
    I think you might find he played left back for Sheffield United when they reached the play-off final in 2009 and Kyle Walker, who also moved to Spurs, played right-back.

Could be the other way round and, if that's the case, we should go for Walker, as they were both fantastic full-backs.

4. kevtun1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields

Then we are commited to pay his wages for 1 season. Are you trying to tell me that Jimmy Bullard would be as you put it "Buying *".

I feel so sorry for the Celtic board. It does not matter who is on the board they always get the blunt end of things. Same goes for manager. These guys are trying their hardest to bring in the best calibre of player to excite the fans on match day.

I tell you now, Bullard is better than anything we have in that position in our team at the minute. He would rip apart the SPL. Same goes for Ledley and for that matter Campbell. At the minute they are the best players that we can sign and I will back them all. Whether they are free or cost £75 or whatever. Come the 14 Aug whoever is in the first 11 will be gettting all the backing I can give them.

I think everyone should stop worrying about money we have to spend and just back every player who comes in and back the board and management when they feel a player has to be shipped out

Hail Hail

5. Celticnut

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc,Andy Hinkel,Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    We desperately need leaders in the team. Out of all the players mentiond i think Campbell would be the key player for us and he won't cost a thing so it doesnt just come down to transfer fees.

6. Rosleabhoy

financial outlay has to be considered over the term of the contract, not 1 year. 1 player can make up a financial package of millions over a 3/4 year contract. We can't assume we will have CL income to fall back on.

Live within our means.