1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Weightloss/ Getting Fit Thread!

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Joe T, Dec 29, 2011.

Discuss The Weightloss/ Getting Fit Thread! in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I’ve established that whey doesn’t agree with me, and also too much protein is pretty uncomfortable on the stomach.

Had quite severe bloating since upping intake (scoop in my oats, shake in the afternoon, an all-in-one bar, also my lunch of chicken and rice and my tea too - some days I hit 198g, I weigh 100kg), had some puffiness to my pus too which may have been the creatine in the bar causing water retention. Not to mention the farts and wind, oh ya *.

I’m toning it down a notch and even after 5 days of more modest protein levels, around 90g, and zero creatine, I’ve noticed I’m thinner in the face and next to no bloating.

neilly1987 likes this.
  2. celts67

5 rounds conditioning circuit to keep the beer off 2 days off Monday Tuesday

15 squat thrusts
    100 punches
    x3 rounds

2 rounds 10 squat thrusts 50 punches

65 squat thrusts 400 punches total can feel the legs going now at 36 no gas left in the tank at all feel like I couldn't run 100 yards man .

3. jj81

I found oats was the culprit for me , would bloat the life out of me , doesn't happen with reg porridge oats though , took oats out my shakes now.

Marty McFly likes this.
  4. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Jesus, I was beginning to wonder if my quest for protein was doing more harm than good. I sometimes have 150-200g of protein a day and weigh like 65kg

5. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    * *! :56:

neilly1987 likes this.
  6. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Neglected my core for a lonnnng time

Hit abs last night and it’s amazing how tight you feel the next day :36:

neilly1987 likes this.
  7. celts67

8. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Gonna try and do a quick abs blast after the game tonight as been neglecting them too.

9. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Canny mind if I already asked this in here, but does anyone else track macros. I use my fitness Pal but I'm pretty ignorant with why I'm actually doing it and just try and have more protein than it recommends and also to run at a calorie deficit, which I'm finding harder and harder.
    Also pure * when I get home from work and starving so I have dinner first then as soon as I switch off and sit down I normally fall asleep. Obviously I'd like to get a workout in before dinner but I'm always starving by time I get home. Sure I've posted this before but is there anything I could change to help or is it just a case of powering through.
    Might start trying to just force myself out of bed as soon as I wake up and getting a workout in before getting ready for work but it's hard with how cold and dark it is.

10. jj81

Used to track but now eyeball it , as long as I know I'm getting near what I need I'm good , few guys I know train before work , good thing is once it's done it's out the way and when you go hame you eat/sleep/watch telly not worrying about going to the gym, I'd do this if I was on a 9-5 type job personally.

neilly1987 likes this.
  11. TimFloyd Gold Member

@neilly1987 how much of a deficit are you in?

I track macros sometimes depending on how I’m eat ie keto but aye if you make sure you hit your protein goals then everything else will fall into place.

As for working out after work... I work out in the mornings purely based on the fact that I know by the time I’m finished work I really can’t be arsed, I have been training twice a day quite often though if I finish early but I purely do cardio after work as the weights area is polluted by bellends and can’t get on any equipment.

Once you get into the routine of getting up it becomes easier.

I’ve always been a morning person, I don’t start work till 8am but I wake up 4:30 every morning to go to the gym (apart from today I went to McDs and got a bacon and egg McMuffin instead of going to the gym)

Marty McFly and neilly1987 like this.
  12. TimFloyd Gold Member

I’ve been doing pretty decent in the gym recently training/diet has been consistent.

Managed to deadlift 150kg for 6 reps last week which I thought was decent considering I was fasted and no belt/straps, think I could do 200kg+ other wise.

My shoulder is still * though, spent months specifically not doing bench press and other excercises that aggravates it, so the other day after loads of stretching and warming up went on the bench, got to 80kg and I could feel it going again so I have pretty much given up on bench press for the forseeable future.

Raoul Duke and jj81 like this.
  13. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

The app says I should be getting 2,600 calories a day, used to always have a defecit of 500 odds. Was doing less cardio and more and heavier weights for a bit so dunno if I maybe need more and burn more now, but now it's usually 150-300ish and some days not at all.

TimFloyd likes this.
  14. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    In a similar boat, used to work on it quite regularly but hadn’t for about a year and a half. I’ve been flat out the last few weeks and already feel a lot, lot better for it.

Marty McFly likes this.
  15. jj81

Don't really need it anyway mate unless you're into strength training , far better options imo for muscle growth but you prob know that lol

16. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Sharing a love for both food and exercise really is a nightmare, by the way :56:

neilly1987 likes this.
  17. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

I know it's a pure no-no, but I got obsessed with the number on the scales and trying to hit a defecit in calories, which obviously I know is not really beneficial.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  18. TimFloyd Gold Member

Yeah true I do prefer the likes of incline DB press etc as it isn’t too bad on the shoulder as it brings more muscles into play having to stabilise the weight etc

But I did like being able to break the 100kg mark before my shoulder went * up.

Yeah me too unfortunately, I literally step on the scales every morning have done for years, bad habit I know as before I’ve weighed myself and been 2lbs heavier than the previous day and then the next day been 5lbs lighter.

neilly1987 and jj81 like this.
  19. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Whats your bodyweight?

20. TimFloyd Gold Member

Sitting bang on 180lbs currently so about 80/81kg