1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Board

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Prof, Oct 26, 2020.

Discuss The Board in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Ak1

Cheers for putting that up, fascinating opinion, which encapsulates perfectly how our board have operated over the past 5-10 years.

King of Kings likes this.
  2. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Glad someone watched it :50:

You’re right that it basically encapsulates what’s gone wrong. This season has been one of the most difficult to watch for so many supporters I reckon, because it’s been like a slow motion car crash for the most part.

3. seanm

* tory *.HH

callumrae1967 likes this.
  4. Foley1888

It’s time to get the finger out and get appropriate level of DoF and Manager in even
    if coach officially starts in the summer, if they are out a job they can make moves behind the scenes to get staff and signings lined up.

There’s no excuse of waiting until the league is gone officially or any of that now, just get on with it.

5. CountyDownFaithful

Get Desmond and Bankier to * along with Lawwell.

6. WhitleyCelt

I will never EVER forgive this mob of cowboys for gambling 10IAR.

They aren’t bothered. The drive heating bill still gets paid, the players aren’t bothered, they aren’t on performance based wages and the coaching staff don’t seem bothered otherwise they’d go out and learn how to use a * tactic board in stead of * winging it. For the fans though, it’s a once in a life time opportunity, a chance for the players to be written into Celtic history book, be talked about for the next 100 year but no, we * blew it.

All I can feel is rage at these *. We all knew this day was coming but it doesn’t make it any easier!!

Get the lot of them out and start a fresh.

martin_d, DonnyCelt and Bonobhoy like this.
  7. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Would at least be a start at rectifying things if they brought in a decent level manager now for him to start for euro prep and next season. Wouldn't be surprised if they made it Kennedy now though, after Lennon hanging on so long I no faith in the board to do anything sensible.

Hammy89 likes this.
  8. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Well, what a shambles.

Handed over a title without laying a glove on the winners. And could be even worse in the coming weeks. One team is flying and the other going through the motions, can't muster any desire or will to win against Dundee United or Ross County or St Mirren. 12 occasions in the league they have fell below the mark.

This should be an even bigger slap in the face than the opposition celebrating a semi-final shoot-out win for these * clowns. And it shouldn't take what others do, for these individuals to make competent decisions for the benefit of the club.

* " modern and progressive club" they view it as. * who are you kidding on. * hour, and ultimately outdone, out-thought and out ambitioned by the Squint and Mr Bus.

It's ok for Mr. Lawwell, who is slinking off, handsomely compensated for * up the biggest advantage for some-time. Years of Project players. Gap filling year after year with loan deals. Pushing out the experienced players because of the lack of resale value. Managers left ill-equipped for the expectations. And ultimately, an ill-equipped manager appointed in showers and without due consideration for other possibilities. Best manager we had in some time, * left because he didn't want to be undermined any longer by this clown. The constant downgrading of players and standards is why we are here.

Lustig, Hayes, Gordon all punted to the wayside. Inadequately replaced, and not replaced at all in many cases. We've needed 2 additional centre halfs for probably the last 5 years. And we will need at least double that next season. Ajer will be gone, Duffy for whatever use he was, also gone. Julien off the back of a serious knee injury and Welsh is all that is left over. No harm to the boy Welsh, but I saw him playing at Under 18's game, 2 years ago. For some game time. Was on loan at Morton last season, now he's a starter??

From Tierney to Hayes (played loads of key games last season, then sent on his way for nothing) Taylor and Laxalt(Loan. And won't be back). Taylor is decent, but he's not Tierney level or close.

From Lustig to Toljan (loan) to El Hamed (unreliable and sold) Bauer (loan) to Frimpong (sold) to John Joe Kenny (loan).Next season?? Ralston??

Dembele (sold) to Eddie (will be sold) to Klimala. What a * drop off in standard that is. Others are untried or unreliable.

So, if you even have any doubt that this club needs a Sporting Director/Director of Football. Then that is at least two examples of many throughout this squad and over the years where this club has been woeful. Masked by inferior opposition and winning trophies.

Problem is, now the previous inferior opposition have their * together and so do other teams. They might not trouble your position over the season, but they can do enough damage to make your goals unachievable. 12 times this year.

Massive job for the next man in charge, wading through this shitshow of a squad and having to put together a team from what will be leftover for next season.

Julien, McGregor, Turnbull, Forrest and aside from that, not much else to go with.

Again, " modern and progressive club". Not even close.

Staggering mismanagement of the football side, year after year.

The_Bhoy, bubbs, Martybhoy53 and 6 others like this.
  9. seanm

Great post.bang on.HH

10. SuperZidane

I share your lack of faith in the board but I honestly think they know that appointing Kennedy would be the last straw for some of us.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not expecting a Rodgers style appointment - I still think they'll play it cheap - I just think they'll bring in someone new.

Artorias likes this.
  11. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

The positive from that and taking his/the analytical approach is the orcs are not going to get everything to align for them again next season.

King of Kings likes this.
  12. TheHappyLoss

13. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

14. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    As much as we should be doing our talking on the park.....that is * hilarious hahaha.

Zombie hun *, * them.

seanm likes this.
  15. StevieBhoooy!

great sentiment but 6 months too fkknn late....

should wind the fat bus renting tramp at ibrokes right up though... :56:

martin_d, seanm, seamus1967 and 4 others like this.
  16. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Setting aside my anger towards the club at the moment that was quite a funny and factual tweet.

17. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

What have I missed? Literally no had a chance to see anything today.

18. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Aww * up Celtic and do your talking on the pitch.

Trying to point score on social media. Pandering to the fans ahead of renewals. DD loves the OF and has made no secret of that. You enter into joint sponsorship deals with them e.g. Cadbury just a few months back.

* up

19. BelfastCelt88

Excellent.

20. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Take an hour off ya greeting faced *, you can slag the huns and still no buy a season ticket

:67: