1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Board

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Prof, Oct 26, 2020.

Discuss The Board in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. G40B

The anger towards them will subdue after our next win, and they know it.

Peej likes this.
  2. Sgt Neppers*

Horribly run. Fat orange * Lawell couldn't handle Rodgers being the main man, which he rightly should have been as manager. * about wi transfers and brings his own players. BR sees the signs and leaves, rightly so.

Lawell appoints his yes man in Lennon, who's been sacked by 2 clubs in his time away, in the showers after an historic season , after the cup final to mask his laziness and arrogance.

They keep Lennon on when he should have been punted after the Ferencvaros game. They keep him on for about 4 months too long, double down when fans protest. The lifeblood and what kept them going mainly financially during covid.

Eventually sacked Lennon but lied and "mutually consented" him to the media.

Have done * all in regards to us getting * over by the SFA and governments double standards around protocols.

Continously palm off the 5 way agreement. Which they are complicit in more than likely.

* around with Howe, for months, willing to let him bring various coaches etc with him paying a couple mill a year for him.

Apparently hiring a firm to conduct an expensive behind the scenes analysis to restructure the club of which they haven't acted upon. Hire Dom but he is on a handover period that Eventually lasts longer than his actually time served.

Kept their * lying * of a mouth shut, knowing Howe had walked away to boost the bank balance and their bonues. Thereafter hire Ange and give him no staff, resorting back to playing the club like some rich playboys toy.

* about forever with signings, Dom quits and they leak * to the press about him after getting him to sign an NDA.

Leave Ange with a very light squad, which is weaker than the previous 5 seasons.

Then release their interim accounts saying "We're in good hands" and their main highlight for last season was finishing second. Really ya * knobs!!!!

They are absolutely against any progression or modernisation. They want healthy competition in Scotland and anything else is a bonus. All the whilst waiting on the scum from Govan to go in to admin.

I may have missed a few things, but that's not a board that has the interest of the football or fans side at all. They're after themselves and their pals. They're scum, vile * parasitic * faced *. I want everyone of them out. A cancer to the good name and club that is Celtic FC.

Nothing will change from them until they're gone. Jobs for the gammon faced tory boys, taking everything, giving little back and saying * all to us as they go along.

Despicable, horrible leeches. Scum.

3. Martybhoy53

DO NOT GIVE THESE * ANY MORE OF YOUR MONEY.
    THEY ARE LEECHES AND SUCKING THE LIFE OUT OF THE CLUB.

Boruc17, DonnyCelt and Wee Baldy like this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

5. G40B

The moment for change was when Brendan Rodgers walked out the door.

His comments about ‘club signings’ should’ve been highlighted, and questions asked on why we were repeatedly missing out on key targets.

Instead, the support was more interested in dancing to Peter Lawwell’s tune and calling Rodgers a ‘rat’.

The board is now pretty much untouchable.

6. dmccourt95

If the fans back this board and whatever duffer they hire in May with renewals again then they’re backing Huns for 3 in a row

7. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I knew when I let my seat go, somebody would be in it before it was cold.

There will always be people lining up to fill seats. It’s always hard to not show as much support as possible for your team, but something has to change. A message needs to be sent.

8. oh bhoy

did they ever get around to employing a club doctor

9. dmccourt95

I’m the same, I understand why they sold out this year but next year a point has to be made by the support. This board will drag us down to levels of mediocrity not seen since the 90s if they aren’t hunted

Wee Baldy likes this.
  10. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Not to my knowledge, and the last I had heard they were using interns as physios, so a constant turnover of staff there as well.

11. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I fecking hate the Board for what they have done to the club I love. * every last one of the money loving tory *. I hesitated renewing this season but I let my heart rule my head and renewed however, if drastic changes aren't made then I can assure you that I won't be doing it again and I would urge every other fan to do the same as it's the only way we can hurt the *

Martybhoy53 and dmccourt95 like this.
  12. oh bhoy

oh well it not as if we get that many injuries anyway! didnt know that about the physios * embarrassing

13. dmccourt95

When you apply this * approach to every department within the club you end up with 10 points from 7 games

14. JamesM09

Everyone will renew, I guarantee it.

If last season didn't make people think, nothing will. There's no will from Celtic fans. Losing and being 'faithful through and through' on Twitter is far more important these days than actually supporting the club as an active supporter by holding the custodians to account.

It's the same reason there is such random hate towards the Green Brigade. The Twitter Brigade can't stand the notion there might be supporters more dedicated than them, so lash out and think the opposite of anything the Green Brigade do.

* dire.

15. DonnyCelt

Most important season financially for the club in a long time and we are being * over by these *.

A chance to take back out title and qualify AUTOMATICALLY for the CL, a tournament we haven't been in for 4 straight seasons.

Hate them with a passion.

Sgt Neppers* and The Phoenix like this.
  16. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The football side will always play second fiddle to the financial side. Yet, if they were more competent on the football side, the financial side would be even healthier.

I honestly don't understand them. They know if they bring in a decent manager and back him, the money follows. Yet they continue to try and run things as cheaply as possible. This season of all is the one where they should have spent proper money with a £30-40m guarantee at end for the winner.

Absolutely baffling.

The Phoenix and McChiellini.. like this.
  17. JamesM09

I don't think it's even just financial caution, I think it's also genuine incompetence. Apart from not spending enough money, they leave everything until the last minute. There's no planning in place at all.

Like the experts on here were telling us how difficult it was to sign players. They were saying how McKay would need time to learn how to do it.

1. They knew the size of the job and the prize at the end of this season, why hire a guy that doesn't know how to do that and waste time while he learns? (Only to sack him AFTER the window shuts).

2. Experts on here told us teams just wouldn't sell their players until they are ready. In the last few days we got:
    - Carter-Vickers : Unwanted by Spurs, apparently we could've bought him earlier if we wanted. (That's your 3 points against Hearts and probably the Huns)

- Liam Scales : Sorry - we couldn't convince the mighty Shamrock Rovers to part with their player a month earlier? Maybe offer them £500k instead of £300k?

- Giakoumakis : How the * could we not get him in earlier? Did we need the £15m from Edouard to sign his £2m replacement? Or was it just ridiculously shoddy planning and not giving a * about getting players bedded in early?

18. john2061

I say to the board you should all hang your * heads in shame not just the way your running our club but for bringing in a manager and leaving him with a threadbare squad and hope you all get to * out our club as you run Celtic for your own gain .

19. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    On giakoumakis- the problem is in the person who failed to do the medical exam properly. This guy was probably carrying an injury, but we missed it.

20. HenriksRightBoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    The NDA is most likely very lucrative. So much so that he doesn´t have to work for the foreseeable future, if that´s his preference.

I agree that he´ll land a new job easily, if he wishes to. But why would he walk away from all that money?
    Can´t see the truth coming out any time soon.