1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Please note that all chat about the Green Brigade should be kept in this thread from now on.

Any further threads opened about the group will be closed.

Opinions regarding the GB are all well and good, but we were seeing threads being hijacked with discussion on them, threads being locked for discussing the exact same things as was being discussed in other threads, and threads being closed because they were being taken off topic with discussion on the GB.

Keeping all chat in here allows any info on the group to be discussed or debated, and keeps everything in the one place instead of multiple threads on the same topics.

Tommybhoy1887 likes this.
  2. JamesConnolly

This standing things going to bring attention on the GB next home game. Guaranteed there will be something will happen on Tuesday.

3. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Think its a disgrace the way the board is treating these fans, banning the drum/flagpoles and standing is going to sink the atmosphere at CP to an all time low, its a joke.

Sack the board

4. Artur Boruc #1

Well said.

5. JamesConnolly

Total agree, there's no explanation why they should do this. If the GB get banned alot of people I know will walk out the stadium.

6. Scarecrow

good idea this thread mate :50:

the club should have come out and directly addressed that the groups banner vs aberdeen was the reason for the banning of flags etc, not them being 'a danger'

however i believe the club made the correct decision and it wont be a permanent ban but will stand until the club and green brigade organise something to make compromise.

the club gave them alot of freedom this season and the protest and especially aiming it at our chairman has meant it will be a while before they are trusted by the plc.

7. hammy1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    I think the Green Brigade are being treated disgracefully by the club. These guys bring ALOT if not all the atmosphere to Celtic Park week in week out.

The threat to them about standing is shocking especially since the Huns stand everytime they come to Celtic Park. I wonder if our board will make the same threats to their support the next time they come. I somehow seriously doubt it.

8. Markybhoy

Thank * the board have banned that drum. That thing was getting on my nerves, and that was just listening to the match on the radio :56:

9. Stuboy

The GB do bring alot of good things to the games, for dull games like the dundee utd game etc they were the only thing worth watching!!!

But personally I think the board etc believe that if you give an inch some people take a mile...

Everyone has opinions / religious / political beliefs, but the banners that were talking about afghanistan etc have nothing to do with football and have no place in a football stadium
    :38:

Scott smyth likes this.
  10. celticminded89

well said, agreed 100% :50:

11. Tomas

What we al need is a reality check. I have read hundreds of lines on various boards, supporting the GB. However if I carefully examine what is being said, it becomes more and more noticable that the support is actually for section 111 and the contribution that they make to match day atmosphere. Whilst it is true that the GB have (seats) tickets in that section, only a very small percentage of the section are members of the GB.
    Supporters in general are happy to see singing and dancing in the section, but to claim support for the GB because of it is not accurate. The GB have their own agenda and it is little to do with football. Celtic Park is being used as a platform to further the political views of a very small group who seem happy to hide in the section. I have always had difficulty supporting anything that I cannot identify or understand. It may well be that I could find reason to support the cause of the GB, but first off, I would want to know who and what it is that I am supporting.

Tommybhoy1887 likes this.
  12. Scarecrow

13. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Like * they'll close celtic park down, scare tactics thats all it is.

14. Y.N.W.A

Without the GB celtic park would be a library.
    there was an example of this at home to aberdeen when they were sitting down then after 20mins ur sumthing they starting singing and that and you could feel the relief of the crowd.

Sack the board

15. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    GB have slit their own throats if you ask me.

Politics and protests was never gonna be accepted by the club. If you'd just stuck to singing songs you would have been fine, but now look where you are.

If you're all chucked out, the club and fans will go on, it's as simple as that.

16. LB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Hooper ,All Time -"Jinky"
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic song
    i would rather it stopped open if that means splitting the GB up then so be it

17. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

If the atmosphere gets much worse ill not be not bothered about going to the games,watching it on the tv or on this in my house im free to do whatever the * i want while supporting my team.
    I dont think the people running the club have any time at all for what the fans want,they are scum and as the support gets more disillusioned we will start to see much more empty seats at Paradise.

18. LB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Hooper ,All Time -"Jinky"
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic song
    errmm i dont think you are ..By the letter of the law it seems your wrong

Ground Regulations

19. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Surely it's time to bring back an area of the ground for terracing. There's no reason a properly managed section for fans to stand and watch the game couldn't work.
    The GB and whoever wanted to join them could jump around and make as much noise as they want, without being told to sit down by the police, stewards, fellow fans, the club and media alike.

It works well in Germany and could work here. I think the club and the SPL/SFA should give it serious consideration. It would help the increasingly flat atmosphere at home games and can only be a good thing for Scottish football.

Bring back the jungle! would be a good name for a campaign and we should petition the club to try and make it so.:shamrock:

20. Todriguez

basically th GB took the * and now there suffering for what the board percieve as making us look bad. the atmosphere they bring is invaluble but they brought this on themselves by bringing controversial banners and politics to a football match