1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Anthony Ralston

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CalgaryBhoy, May 12, 2016.

Discuss Anthony Ralston in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Agreed you always want to see our own do well but it is clear at this point that Ralston is not going to break into the first team at Celtic and it is best for his career and for us if he sold this summer. He is under contract for another 2 years with us so a modest fee should get the job done for both parties.

2. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Lived the dream, playing for Celtic has to be happy with that

3. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Good luck in future endeavours, Anthony

No ill will to the lad, he was just * and ran like a rugby player.

4. James Gold Member Gold Member

I'd be surprised if he got an SPL club

5. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Worse players than Ralston have left Celtic and carved out a career for themselves.

Good luck son :50:

Graeme1888 likes this.
  6. stew37

Reckon he'll easily find another top flight club in Scotland.

Never saw him playing fantastically well for us and made a few mistakes, but never thought he was as bad as made out on here or on social media.

7. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    St Mirren or Hamilton would be a good move for him

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Thought he was away? :giggle1:

10. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Probably still training with us until he finds a club.

11. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    A Celtic player told a court today that he feared for his life after being involved in a car crash.

Defender Anthony Ralston was Struck by Ross Craig’s Jaguar on the A803 near Milton of Campsie, East Dunbartonshire last February.
    The 21-year-old was coming home from the club’s Lennoxtown training complex when he clocked Craig’s car “out of control" on the wrong side of the road.

Ralston, who appeared as a witness at Glasgow Sheriff Court, said he worried about his career after sustaining a sore shoulder.

Craig, 57, of Kilsyth, North Lanarkshire, pleaded not guilty today/yesterday to dangerous driving.

His lawyer Karen Railton attempted to plead guilty to an alternative careless driving charge but this was not accepted by the Crown.
    The court heard from Ralston who said he was within the 30mph speed limit behind the wheel of his brand new Mercedes Coupe.

Ralston told the court he immediately spotted Ross’ jaguar going 50mph round a corner on the wrong side of the road.

He said: “The car was just out of control and at speed around the corner and it caught my attention.

“It immediately brought a scare the car could hit me when I first saw it.

“I was just scared for my life, there was just complete shock.

“I saw it coming so much that I braced for the impact, it was a horrible moment.
    “I was almost at a complete stop, I was helpless"

Ralston added that he was hit head on as Ross attempted to straighten his car to avoid hitting a wall at the side of the road.

He stated both his airbags went off and was left with a sore shoulder due to the force of impact.

Mr Ralston said: “I was just in complete shock and due to my career, my first thought was is there any broken bones and on seeing the two cars it was a complete mess.”

The trial and evidence before Sheriff Allan Findlay, continues.

12. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Is he honestly still with us? :48:

13. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    "I saw it coming so much that I braced for the impact, it was a horrible moment.
    “I was almost at a complete stop, I was helpless"

Sounds like he's talking about his defending.

thankfully he was alright

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

Rendog likes this.
  14. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Between qualifiers and transfer windows, it just about sums up most summers for me these days.

Dublin Celt likes this.
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

A CLASSIC car fanatic who branded Celtic defender Anthony Ralston "d***head Celtic player" after crashing into him has been convicted of dangerous driving.

Ross Craig collided with the Hoops player’s new Mercedes on the A803 near Milton of Campsie, East Dunbartonshire last February

Craig was travelling home in his classic jaguar when he drove on the opposite side of the road and struck the 21-year-old.

The footballer fortunately escaped with a sore shoulder.

Craig, 57, of Kilsyth, North Lanarkshire, was found guilty of dangerous driving at Glasgow Sheriff Court and fined £200.

Craig, who had a previous conviction for speeding, was also disqualified from driving for 12 months by Sheriff Allan Findlay.

The court heard the Celtic defender was heading home after training at the club’s Lennoxtown complex.

Mr Ralston told prosecutor Pamela Jane Connelly that he clocked Craig going at 50mph in a 30mph zone while on the wrong side of the road.

He said: “The car was just out of control and at speed around the corner and it caught my attention.

“It immediately brought a scare the the car could hit me when I first saw it. I was just scared for my life, there was just complete shock.

I saw it coming so much that I braced for impact, it was a horrible moment. I was almost at a complete stop, I was helpless.”

Mr Ralston added that he was hit head-on as Ross swerved and attempted to straighten his car to avoid hitting a wall at the side of the road.

He stated both his airbags went off and was left with a sore shoulder due to the force of impact.

Mr Ralston said: “I was just in complete shock and due to my career, my first thought was is there any broken bones. On seeing the two cars, it was a complete mess.”

Craig, a retired self-confessed classic car fanatic, told the court in evidence that he had little recollection of the incident.

He was taken to hospital for a broken heel, two broken legs, both kneecaps, a ruptured spleen, a broken rib, sternum and cheekbone.

Sheriff Findlay told Craig that he drove to fast for the road and it was dangerous.

After the incident, Craig moaned at the loss of his precious car and branded the footballer "that d***head Celtic player".

16. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Like many have already said, the guy lived the dream! Played for Celtic on european nights and has a couple of medals in his back pocket. More than any of us can even dream of. However, he went down in my estimations after that PSG match where Neymar (whilst he is an absolute * of the highest calibre) tore Ralston a new one, but Ralston tried to be jocular, laughing in his face as if he was unfazed. No, Anthony, just no. This is your european debut and one of the best players in the world has got a goal and 2 assists off you or some such number. Stop acting the comic, we aren’t finding it funny so you sure as * shouldn’t.

sorry, that had been bugging me for 3 years lol.

17. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He's still * here :56:

Thought he was offski lol

18. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Banging them in

19. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Candidate for playing in the Christie position with him unavailable then?

MickeyyMack likes this.
  20. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fit in no problem , Mr Realible

NomDePlum likes this.