1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL: "I’m thrilled. I’m really proud. We had to dig in today. I don’t think we played well first-half, and we had to reply on Fraser at times to make some world-class saves, and then we showed great resilience and a great mentality to get the goal."

NL: To win 10 major trophies is just unbelievable, and the character and the pride and the resilience which they had to show today – you can see they’ve got that in abundance as well."

NL: "Then the goalkeeper, who has done it on many occasions, put in an unbelievable performance and it gives them team so much confidence. I thought Ajer was outstanding today as well and Frimpong, until the sending off, was too."

NL: "Then the goalkeeper, who has done it on many occasions, put in an unbelievable performance and it gives them team so much confidence. I thought Ajer was outstanding today as well and Frimpong, until the sending off, was too."

NL: Over the past eight to 10 weeks, we’ve been playing some scintillating, brilliant and breathtaking football. Today we had to roll up our sleeves and dig in because we weren’t there, but you have to accept that and be resolute."

NL: "That’s 31 cup-ties now undefeated and it’s amazing. They’ve faced all challenges. They keep finding ways to win and it’s fantastic football ability, fantastic athleticism, but also fantastic mental strength as well."

tarboltontim and Crilly like this.
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

3. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

weve got to find a better way of playing against them

our players are of a much better quality but their style of play causes us a lot of problems that our players are struggling with fortunately we are getting the run of the green at the moment

how do we play against them the next time tactically ? i think we might need a change of formation, i dont want to see us struggle that much again its like our whole team were struggling to pass the ball around and through them

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Lenny on BT Sport

5. green-yin

They pressed high so it was hard to pass around them from the back. We had morgan up front so the long ball wasnt working either as morgan couldnt hold the ball up to bring our midfield in to play. We couldnt make the ball stick up top.

Eddy comes on, holds the ball up, wins the free kick and we score. We will absolutely bury these * at the end of the month with eddy and ely(or mikey) up top fully fit. Even at their best they couldnt beat us at our worst.:62:

TheHappyLoss and MagicBallBhoy like this.
  6. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Bad weather piled ontop of having no fully fit strikers. I understand why Morgan was played- Lennon thought he had no other option. Rangers' tactics really forced his hand when it came to risking Edouard. Bit them in the *.:62:

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  7. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Baffled at the long ball tactic and not using our width but worked out well in the end, we looked better with 10 men, we’ve obviously done plenty training of 10v11 because our shape was excellent and quick on the counter.

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    We almost always play well when a man down. It's how we beat them once before, Edouard snatched the win with a classy strike.
    We should practice playing in bad pitch/weather conditions, though. I guess it's even harder when physical forwards aren't available.

10. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Edouard fit and Griff getting some game time leading up, also Elyounoussi and Mikey fitter plus a left back. In 3 weeks we can do that and thump em.

11. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

That’s exactly what I said to my dad at the game, we stayed disciplined and held the ball up when needed and nearly scored if MJ hadn’t slipped, shows the quality.

* mate it’s Scotland, play in * weather like that every day near enough :56:

12. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    I seriously hope he waits a couple of days and calls out the terrible ref for repeated fouls not being punished in the correct manner.

Gollum is one awful human.

13. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

i want to see them playing that high press and us playing round it and making them look like fannies

next game please :)

14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

We won’t play that bad again and we won’t have as many players injured or coming back from injury..

I’m so happy for Lenny, was massive win for him, next time we play we will smash them and the League will be done.

15. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Lennon as Celtic manager 72.79%
    Gerrard as Hun manager 59.78%

:lenny1:

Dannybhoy81 and Jeannie960 like this.
  16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Easily..

Isn't a chance we'll ever be as pish against them like that and they still couldn't score. Mo was clearly no fit. We had a tiny winger up top. No Boli or Elhamed..

We'll proper do them in a couple of week's in my opinion..

Will be interesting to see them when they get a few injuries as well in this gruelling month....which is likely. They've had near enough a full squad twice now whereas we've had a makeshift back 4 with Bitton in or no striker in the 2 game's we've played now..

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL: What these players are doing is just incredible. The players keep coming up with the answers."

NL: "The fans were amazing yesterday and I really hope they have enjoyed it. It's immense and the likes of it may never be seen again."

NL: "The players showed a lot of mental resilience yesterday. They just kept going and I'm very proud of them."

NL: "The run they're on at the minute is remarkable. I'm so delighted they got to send the fans, who keep coming in their thousands, home happy."

NL on
    @Oedouard22
    : "We just have to be careful with him. We'll aim to have him fully back by the Hibs game."

NL: "It's great to have the chance to give players some gametime on Thursday for #CLUCEL. It also gives a good opportunity for us to give some players a rest."

NL on
    @JeremieFrimpong
    : "These things happen [with the red card]. He was probably our best player in the first half and I don't think he should be too hard on himself."

tarboltontim likes this.
  18. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Celtic Park is in good condition, though. Can't the club rent a turnip field in autumn/winter?:56:
    We have a noticeable drop in performance when conditions deny us the use of our technique and composure.

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. ArturBorucCSC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Absolutely buzzing after this, the team showed some resilience to come through that. Add to that the fact that us playing at pretty much our worst, and them at their best, still resulted in us winning, has got to be a huge psychological boost for us/kick in the balls for them. Having said all that...

I hope Lenny knows that he got off the hook as regards team selection. We don't necessarily need to sign a striker in January, as if Griffiths and Bayo get fit, we have options (a bit Bayo would have made a difference yesterday imo), but maybe a loan deal might be worth looking at. Can't really blame him for the LB situation, but it was definitely part of why they had so many chances. We can't play like that against them again and expect to win. Though I don't see us being that bad, or them being that good, next time.