1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Dominic McKay

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Jan 29, 2021.

Discuss Dominic McKay in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    The only thing world class I’ve seen thus far is a world class * show.

Artorias likes this.
  2. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon
    A decision made at a business level, not a football one. The guy clearly has capacity commercially, but at a time when all focus needs to be on the football side not the money side it was a * incredible appointment.

I say incredible as in “that’s incredibly stupid”

A patsy who knows nothing about the game. He will already be a highly paid person who just says “that sounds good” the moment any * who has seen a football suggests anything.

Im sure he’s a fine enough guy, but him being here is symptomatic of the *-poor decision making when it comes to expenditure here.

We have businessmen making decisions solely focussed upon selling tickets and shirts - having forgotten that both aspects are dependent upon a winning side, while in the teeth of a signing policy that can best be described as an eggshell *.

Useless, and spreading shards of said uselessness * everywhere.

3. G40B

I doubt he’s even spearheading the operation.

We’re being run exactly how we were under Lawwell, who is still very much in the building.

Yes, Lawwell’s not on the ludicrous salary he once was - but he’ll no doubt have a bonus tied into his new role, and has accumulated enough shares over the years to benefit from continuing to run Celtic ‘his way’.

Despite what many have been led to believe, McKay wasn’t ‘head’ of Scottish Rugby. Mark Dodson has held the role of Chief Executive there since 2011. It’s not outlandish to think he’s come here to sit on the gravy train with his associates.

Noskeil likes this.
  4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Couldn't have gone any worse for him so far..

Seán Mac D and Noskeil like this.
  5. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Indeed and as we all know the best way to see a healthy return on a share price of an asset is to work to crash the asset into a wall.

6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Even easy popular decisions would have been an improvement. Not offering Griff a new contract or binning him after the latest drama, binning Kennedy & Strachan.

Truly woeful start. He promised the world at his 1st press conference with Ange and has delivered on none of it. A 19 year old winger as our only reinforcement for Champions League qualifiers :99:

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    100% mate..

A lot weren't buying his speech and you can kinda see why already. A lot of waffle..

Seán Mac D likes this.
  8. G40B

Peter Lawwell is an idiot. Just because he’s (possibly) still spearheading the operation doesn’t mean it’s being done correctly.

He also chased Brendan Rodgers out the door, after he raised the shares to their highest point.

9. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I know the way these suits talk is different from the layman but Ange was just speaking naturally whereas he was putting on the media training. Just came across fake when he was speaking.

Mince.Charming and McChiellini.. like this.
  10. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I guess football has the same employment law as all of us mortals, can be the only reason they’re both still in a job. Otherwise I’m baffled.

11. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Could have paid them off, like any other club does.

We wanted a complete clear-out of the boardroom, management & squad and a complete restructure of the club....instead we got a few sacrificial lambs in Lawwell & Lennon.

The biggest criticism you could make of McKay's start is that it feels no different than under Lawwell.

Soundbytes about modernisation won't save him though, which he'll soon find out unless drastic improvements are made urgently.

Noskeil and McChiellini.. like this.
  12. JamesM09

We should’ve hired someone that had done this job before.

* a CEO during our toughest period in at least 10 years and he’s * learning on the job.

Only we would tolerate and defend * like that as if it’s an inevitability.

The Don likes this.
  13. Paradise88

The problem with this job role is that he hides away from the fans and the media and never brought to account. At least the manager is there giving his views and opinions every step of the way

This guy should have had players in by now, falling behind already and missing out on the lucrative competitions.

14. saltire78

Truth is that we all know absolutely * all about what he's doing behind the scenes, and in modernisation terms we're not likely to notice anything he does for years, if at all, if he does them right. It's his part in the recruitment that's a stick he's built for his own back. We have no idea what his budget for players is, but he MUST know that we need certain positions filled immediately, and with real quality. I don't think any of the sensible fans are really expecting a dozen £5-10M players in, but we genuinely need to fill some positions right now to make us a viable entity under Ange's methodology

15. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Guy needs time, at least wait until we're 30 points behind in the League before having a go at the guy ....

Artorias likes this.
  16. James Gold Member Gold Member

Seeing as he was all about being open and transparent surely he would be ok to sit down for another fan Q&A but naturally I assume he's rushed of his feet getting all these deals done

17. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    Obviously no idea what's going on behind the scenes, but on the surface at least, Dom seems like the biggest disappointment so far this season. Made it clear at the press conference that Ange was his guy and that he'd be backing him, yet so far we've seen anything but.

18. SuperZidane

So, around December then

Artorias, King of Kings and The Prof like this.
  19. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    He made it very clear that in the short immediate term his or the club's priority was about backing Ange and supporting the first team. (At the time I thought it was bit short sighted and usual Celtic plaster on gapping wound) but he hasn't done that at all. Ange has been absolutely crippled so far by the board. We have a genuine opportunity to restructure how we go about are business maybe be a Salzburg and play in a different way with exciting young players and we are as usual * it completely.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

20. saltire78

Look guys, I'm far from gushing over what's happening so far, but I'm not about to go lynching people when we haven't even seen out a single transfer window yet. We've actually bossed all 3 competitive matches so far, but continuously lose soft goals due to inability to cover our own goal.

No, I'm not at all optimistic that we'll fill all of the critical positions with walk-in 1st team players, but we DESPERATELY need to fill the defence/keeper positions. We'll always get an odd goal, even without the quality of striker that we want, but conceding a goal for every 2 shots a team gets on target is * bleeding us dry. Experiment with youth upfront, not at the back!

If he gets in 3 or 4 good additions in the critical areas I'm all for giving him time, and a few windows, to go about repairing the squad. But, by *, he's making it hard on himself, because with every passing game as the desperation and frustration grows it becomes less and less likely we'll be able to get in the kind of folk we actually need, without paying over the top for them