1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v Dundee | Premiership | Sun 8th Aug | 3PM

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Luis1967, Aug 5, 2021.

Discuss Celtic v Dundee | Premiership | Sun 8th Aug | 3PM in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

2. Bhoys_Army Ange’s Fenian Army !! Gold Member

3. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    A think the guy has proved a lot of doubters wrong, his defending, crosses from the right and obviously his 2 goals in last 4 games have been really good, he would certainly in a lot of games like today but I’d still want an upgrade on a right back

4. The big Viduka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    The day will come when the big fella rams a football up are journo's *.:36:

5. kinglenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Anyone got a link to the full game?

@Notorious

6. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Really impressive showing.

Team selection was bang on, McGregor playing as a deeper playmaker and 5 attacking options in Rogic, Christie, Abada, Turnbull, and Kyogo. Having these guys in the team and putting them into positions where they could affect the game. Rogic and Turnbull floated around, found themselves space, and used their ability on the ball to create. Turnbull dropped slighter deeper at times. especially in the second half and played some magnificent passes through the Dundee defence. Rogic more advanced, picking the ball up in tight areas and dropping it off to the support players.

All of this space and time, was down to the able assistance and work of Kyogo stretching the play with his runs behind the Dundee defence, always looking to drag the defence high and towards their own goal. Would love to have seen Eddie and Kyogo play together as a pairing. Unfortunately, unless Eddie's injury in a post-match session, makes his transfer out of the club a non-event, then it will remain a dream. Kyogo stretching the game, along with the movement and direct running from Abada and Chrisite. These two were constantly running at the Dundee defence and causing problems. Again making it difficult to defend and forcing them to make decisions. Prime example is the instance which led to the penalty and sending off. Players' strengths are being utilised. Christie, like many others, never hit these heights last season. And we have discussed that to death for months on end. However, his last few appearances have been miles better. Helped by having players to combine with, getting ourselves into better-attacking positions and providing good quality in the final ball. I moaned like * last season about our inability and how easy we made it for teams to defend against us. Not making them defend facing their goal. Kyogo's two 1st half goals, came from situations where we delivered cutbacks or crosses where the opposition had to defend some unknowns. Not being able to see the whole picture in terms of the opposition movement and the crossing position happening in front of them. For the best defenders in the game, its a difficult situation. And the Dundee defence struggle all game with it.

Seen hints of what we can achieve in the previous games, where we had the possession and created chances. This time we created and scored a large percentage, 6 goals scored and with the luxury of missing at least another 3 which should have been converted. Some of the numbers from today, 92% Passing Accuracy. 31 Shots, 23 shots from inside the area, 15 on target. While in isolation they don't tell much and we produced some of these numbers last season but pieced them together with what we saw today. Getting behind teams and threatening the box on almost every occasion. Just a far better quality of attacking play in comparison to last season.

In turn, the defence had very little to do. Helped by the quality of attacking play and pressure out of possession. Complimentary Football. Whereas on previous occasions, like Thursday night. We have been sloppy with our play and decisions, which have proved costly. Not a big fan of Ralston, but where others have failed. He has stepped up to the mark. I still believe we need to bring in better quality, but he has stood up to the tasks handed over the last few weeks. Two games on the trot where he has found the net and both goals have been real quality.

In terms of negatives from today. The performance of Euan Anderson the referee. Two really poor challenges in the space of 5 mins. Halliday last week, but he was outdone today by Marshall and Byrne. Would love to know the reasoning as to why they stayed on the park. Byrne had the brass neck to go asking for players to get booked and prior to his fly kick.

Whilst it should be highlighted, it shouldn't overshadow our performance. Christie mentioned post-match about showing what has been worked on in training and it's good to see the player's recognition that they have been learning and are being challenged on a daily basis. Kyogo with his movement, his goals, and also his work without the ball, rightly took the MOTM award. Christie was impressive and the ball for Kyogo's 3rd was immense. Abada wasn't as prominent, but his efforts shouldn't be ignored. Turnbull and Rogic also for their creative efforts. McGregor dictated the game for us.

More of the same, please.

7. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Here’s yer new news writer @The Prof @Marie @packybhoy :84:

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Probably just highlight no seen anything yet.

If you’ve got Celtic tv the game is uploaded to that.

kinglenny likes this.
  9. kinglenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Cheers.

10. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    If he's up for it, I'm sure we can accommodate him, I'll need to check if we have any openings just now :cool:

packybhoy and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

If I hadn’t cancelled me subscription I would have pm’d you my login info.

kinglenny likes this.
  12. The Don

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll never walk alone
    Best thing about today was putting fans of other clubs back in their box. I was sick of hearing from fans of nothing clubs about how poor we are. I briefly read the Dundee Fans Forums pre match thread and the majority of them were talking about how * we are and what a mess Celtic are, what a terrible signing Joe Hart is and how they had the players to hurt us. Well that was a bit of a reality check for them.

Rydo1888*, kramer1, VT8 and 3 others like this.
  13. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Absolutely the ref today had an absolute shocker. The elbow on Starfelt the nasty tackle which should have seen a red card on Morrison way earlier in the game and a constant stream of fouls that either were not called at all or were only given free kicks for which should have been yellows.

Liam Scales likes this.
  14. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    They're all corrupt cheating feckers m8

johnboy19 and eire4 like this.
  15. Craiglang Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LTPS
    All in all, pretty good weekend

16. celtic20

Teruhito Nakagawa. Another Celtic should be all over imo

17. OziBeerMan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    I’m out of the closet. Unashamedly a Ralston fan. Count me in too.

kramer1, Sydneysider and NomDePlum like this.
  18. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    1) RalstonFanClubPresident
    2) Notorious
    3) AussieGreek
    4) bhoy_wonder
    5) Michael Johnston Sr
    6) OziBeerMan

Congratulations on becoming the 6th member of the Antoni Ralstonovic Fan Club.

19. Kyogo Furuhashi Gold Member Gold Member

What brilliant entertainment that was, first game for me in the flesh since 2018 - couldn’t of picked a better one to come back to. Felt a wee bit emotional when the crowd were singing YNWA.

I thought we were brilliant. Kyogo looks like a star, he was immense, got 3 should of been 5. Hard to believe Abada is only 19 giving his decision making and impact he’s had in the handful of games he’s been here for.

Christie when playing like this is a big player for us, he suits Anges system and I have a feeling he will sign a new contract. Better from Turnbull. McGregor - our best player, not surprised he’s started the season off brilliantly. Growing into the captaincy, never had my doubts - he’s a leader.

Nothing but respect for Ralston, has been getting pelters for a long time but he never hides and has put in some good performances to start off the season.

Hart had nothing to do the whole game but I feel a lot more confident with him in goal and I think the team do as well.

I’m going to be honest I don’t think Starfelt was brilliant, few nervy passes early on, very one footed, completely misread a simple ball over the top in the second half. Not writing him off but he needs to better than what he’s showed these first few games, I think he will improve as he settles. LB is a position that needs looked at pronto.

All in all an impressive performance. Love big Ange already, let’s hope the board back the man properly and we could be in for a brilliant season.

Dip 'n' Swerve likes this.
  20. connerm57

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields