1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Callum McGregor

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by greengrocer, Jul 5, 2014.

Discuss Callum McGregor in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr. Slippyfist

He reminds me more of Donny Osmond wae those teeth a his!

2. Mr. Slippyfist

What a load of *! One miss did NOT knock us out of Europe, it was the defeats.

richardm and Swervedancer like this.
  3. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    It was a tap in and we would have won the game. Poor wording on my part but he is too inconsistent

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

4. Mr. Slippyfist

A tap in? behave yersel!!!!

:56:

5. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Not see him against barca? absouletly shat it every time he was involved a promising piece of play.
    Was 10 times more disappointing then gladbach

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CM: "Everybody looking forward to games coming up. Hard period but if we come through it, will be looking good going into new year."

CM on his recent contribution: "Been great, been good to get my first couple of goals of the season and make an impact on the team."

CM on his versatility: "If you can play a few different positions it helps you get into the team - will play anywhere to get a game."

CM: "I would rather play centrally, but will play anywhere to get in the team & be part of what’s happening on & off the field here."

CM on unbeaten domestic run: "We just take every game as it comes and don't try and focus on that side of it."

CM: "We just see the next game as an opportunity to do well and try and win."

CM: "The main focus for us is just to really zoom in on the next game and be prepared as we can be for it."

CALLUM McGregor has been delighted to have made a significant contribution to the Celtic cause in recent weeks and display his valuable versatility.

Although the 23-year-old has been deployed at left-back, right midfield and central midfield, he has maintained his consistent performance levels to help the Hoops preserve their unbeaten domestic record.

He has also rediscovered his scoring touch, grabbing his first goal of the season in the 4-3 win away to Motherwell and then quickly following it up by finding the net in the 4-1 triumph against Partick Thistle at Firhill.

And McGregor insists that his ability to perform in a number of different roles can only improve his chances of making more starts for Brendan Rodgers’ side.

“It’s been great,” he said. “It’s been good to get my first couple of goals of the season and make an impact on the team, so it’s been to have been a part of that.

“If you can play a few different position it obviously helps you get into the team and I would play anywhere to get a game anyway. Ultimately it just helps the team function.

“People have different opinions on it but if you can play a few different positions then when the team is getting picked, they will say, ‘He can say he can play there and different positions’ so I think it’s a wee bit of help.

“I would rather play centrally but again you will play anywhere to get in the team and to be part of what is happening on and off the field here.

“The boys have been doing excellently and the three in there have been very good and put in some very good performances recently, so it’s been good for the boys and the team.”

McGregor’s expertise in several positions has been a huge asset for the champions during a hectic run of festive fixtures in which they have managed to extend their unbeaten domestic run to 19 matches and cement their position at the league summit.

And the Celtic Youth Academy graduate believes that the players are revelling amid the congested schedule of games, with a home clash against Dundee on Saturday the next challenge to be negotiated.

“I’m sure if you asked most of the boys they would say the same,” he said. “There is a game every few days so everybody is looking forward to the games coming up. It’s a real hard period for us but if we can get through that, then we will be looking good going into the new year.

“We just take every game as it comes and not focus on how many games unbeaten and we just see the next game as an opportunity to go and do well and try and win. The main focus for us is just to zoom on the next game and be as prepared as we can be for it.”

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Kills a lot of our moves..

Has game's where he has an impact, and off the bench now and then but I don't think he'll ever be anything more..

Another frustrating player who gets knocked about too much and flatters to deceive in the final third when a bit of penetration is required..

8. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Seems to be totally inconsistent, helped changed the game for us several times coming off the bench this season but most of his starting performances have been poor.

9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

His decision making is rank.

10. doctor venglos

The only time I have seen him play reasonably well this year was suprisingly when Brendan slotted him in at LB.

11. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He's played well far more times than that.

He's a neat and tidy user of a football with good vision and a cracking eye for goal both in and out the box.

He lacks a number of things but ultimately he's a good squad player to have, particularly if he's getting used in 3 or 4 positions.

12. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I think he's done reasonably well tbh.

13. doctor venglos

But he dozen't set the heather on fire.He might be a good squad player with Aberdeen too :bye1:
    If we get McCarthy in and Allan back, and Henderson in. maybe Snodgrass too, then :bye1:McGregor.

14. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

McCarthy is an Everton player, Allan isn't good enough, McGregor has given Celtic far more than Henderson and Snodgrass has never and will never be a direct threat to McGregor for any football team.

Random Review likes this.
  15. wanyama1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/Victor Wanyama
    Jack of all trades master of none.

16. doctor venglos

The Everton thing is the only thing that is factual.

17. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

I would agree with that, certainly Brendan trusts him, and in turn i respect the managers judgement, because that judgement has us sitting 14 points clear at the top of the League.

18. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Allan is good enough to be first choice for Celtic, Henderson has done more than McGregor in a Celtic jersey and Snodgrass and McGregor play the same position?

You get worse rather than better. Gee us peace.

19. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. Been plenty players that have won World Cups and Champions League medals with that very title within their own squads.

20. Mr. Slippyfist

Djimi Traore ffs!

:56::56::56::56: