1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Gurru 991

If he does fail at Celtic it will generally be accepted that he was set up for failure by the club. As this mismanagement continues it will send warning to any quality managers that this is not the place to be.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  2. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Big Neil Lennon will be rubbing his hands.

3. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Its actually mental that we're all talking of him failing or walking already. I know the club are a shambles at.the minute but we're also mental as a fan base sometimes

4. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It's called depression. But this is collective. We know how demanding we are, we know how horrible the board are, and we know how adamant on his philosophy Postecoglou is. End result: :55::55::55:

I already need chemicals to fall asleep if something stressful happens past 6PM, like a Celtic game.

5. honda Gold Member Gold Member

:56: :56: :56: its hard reading on this place after a loss or even a draw. Its very early days, were showing some promise with pretty * players and I expect improvements. The media love over exaggerating our loss to pile more pressure and turn fans sour and we allow it. Gone are the days we're singing in the stands after a loss. Thats what we need to pick these players up. First home game thats full, then they'll think, * aye.

Mr Cleansheets and The67Sound like this.
  6. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    We all knew there would be a settling period for both the manager and team alike. I’d rather get these defeats and draws out the way at the start of the season. Then once everything gels going on a run of good results.

7. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Literally haven't seen one single person calling for his head.

What I have seen is criticism of mistakes he made on Saturday that contributed to losing the game and then a huge over reaction to those, justified, criticisms.

8. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Mate, Rodgers is called a rat because he walked when he got a better job offer. If it had been about principles and not being backed he would have gone sooner and without having another job to walk into.

9. cfcturbo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thomas burns
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Skibereen by wolfe tones
    Think with each passing game we will get better . Got to give the big man some time . He will know more than most what's required .I'm quite excited to see what he brings
    Ridiculous give the man 6 months to implement his system.he will come good

The67Sound and Dublin Celt like this.
  10. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I’ll back him but I’m starting to think he was the wrong call his philosophy way he sets up ..... plays right into Gerrard hands fear the worst now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  11. celtic warrior

Hardly any managers in football history will openly walk out of job without having one lined up, the way a manager exits a club without a job ready to go is if they are sacked or at the end of a contract and want a break.

Personally I think it's all coming to a head that Rodgers is by and large, by a huge margin, without a doubt, to me atleast, the lesser of two evils in that story and the further away we are from that day, the more forgiving I am of him.

Managers of his ilk, at that level(ish) and with any sense of personal ambition and ego dump this Celtic board for a promising gig in a heartbeat history or no with the club.

12. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Plenty of managers the world over have resigned from posts, without having another job to walk into, for various reasons.

13. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Has any other Celtic manager failed to win their first three competitive matches?

vortex666 likes this.
  14. murphy88

Rodgers is called a rat because he left halfway during the season. Had he finished that season and won a treble, I don't think there would be the hatred directed at him like there is. It certainly wouldn't be anywhere near the same level of hatred, that's for sure. Rodgers didn't think twice about leaving in January though because the board had * him over with a few signings. So he clearly felt he didn't get their full backing and loyalty, so he in turn, treated them the same way. I thought that at the time as well.

Twisty and Noskeil like this.
  15. alex_bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys Of The Old Brigade
    Jansen lost his first two league games and wouldn't have had a CL qualifier to worry about..

16. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Agree with most of that. The simple fact is he didn't walk on a point of principle. He walked, halfway through a season, because he got a better job offer.
    Not the place to be discussing Rodgers though:50:

17. murphy88

He had the UEFA cup.

Liam Scales likes this.
  18. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Only we would employ a manager to overhaul the way the team plays and the players we use and * the bed after a few games. If we wanted a stable 7/10 we could have had jack Ross or Steve Clarke. The board and the support need to back him. Anyone who knew anything about him made it very clear very early it was probably gonna get worse before it gets better.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

19. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

That wee goth weirdo Kent will have a field day man.

Answers on a postcard.

20. Mr Diggler

This is the biggest month we have faced in ten years. There is every possibility and indeed I almost expect us to either be playing in Europa Conference or out of Europe altogether, probably the former- either way an embarrassment. At least 6 points behind the Huns probably 8 in all likelihood. A few panic signings and Ange losing the head with journos.