1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

2. joemc

Let's be fair here ,he has been called a dinosaur on here for shouting at players ala Alex Ferguson style ,also your quote on tactics and drills are based on a supposed former players ramblings to a rag , another pinch of salt to add to the media pot stirring .

Pogues and Mystic Penguin like this.
  3. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    You not heard? He shows up drunk to training and gives players a week off before every big game.

4. stew37

Found his comments really odd in regards to it being the first time they'd watched a game back in a long time. How do you properly work on what went wrong or know what went well? Thought that was fairly basic stuff. It's not like there wasn't things to work on before that game.

Artorias likes this.
  5. joemc

Lol yeh another to add to the list , just a wee point here , watched Liverpool get beaten at home to Atlanta in cl and klopp interview after ,all smiles and banter ,in relative terms its a million miles from us at the mo but imagine Lennon doing the same my * the reaction in here .

Mystic Penguin likes this.
  6. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    Was he not talking about watching the full game ? I'm sure a lot of teams don't sit down with all the players and watch 90 minutes back everytime they play.

Pogues likes this.
  7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

When? Since he's returned he's been sat in his dugout looking miserable 90% of the time.

It's not a "supposed former players rambling to a rag". It's a literal ex player. And he was making those comments in a podcast run by Celtic fans about Celtic. Not to "a rag".

No doubt it was a normal bloke off the streets using a Kelvin Wilson voice changer making those comments, though.

dmccourt95, Twisty and Bayern Bru like this.
  8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Probably not.

But the first time in a long time suggests they never did it when Ferencvaros beat us at home. Or when the huns beat us a couple of months ago. Or when we collapsed against Copenhagen.

I wouldn't expect the squad to watch back games where we have a routine win against domestic *. But games like those above - high pressure matches where we lose/capitulate - should absolutely be rewatched and dissected.

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  9. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I didn't want him as manager after Rodgers left. Always thought it would end up similar to Ferguson-Moyes.

However, as much as I agree with the statement released by the Green Brigade, I think the banner is nothing short of a disgrace. The statement should have been enough.

saltire78 likes this.
  10. joemc

No m8 this was the 1st spell and hence the suggested calmer approach 2nd spell , I made the point when it was suggested he get up on the touch line and wave arms cajole ,shout scream ,I said he can't win no matter wot he does ,also I've no doupt football has changed a lot since lennys first spell, maybe it was a little more relaxed in terms of diet but ill tell you wot ,those player battled like f#ck for him and won many games in the final minutes , ,not to bad to watch either ,all under a tight budget , I guess there is no chance he (kw )would hollywood it up for fans listening ehh surely not .

Mystic Penguin likes this.
  11. Pogues

Folk need to calm down. Huns have improved, no doubt about it, and are going to give us a real challenge for the title this season. Clearly some can't handle it. Instead of getting behind the team and manager we've got to blame somebody for a few poor performances and Lennon gets it, both barrels. Shocking in my opinion and the currants will be loving it.

12. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Surely a manager should be giving his team tactical instructions during a game? Lenny literally sits there for 90 mins and does nothing. Same with Kennedy and Gordon’s boy.

13. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

We've been poor for most of the season, this whole get behind the manager dosen't cut the mustard, we're dying a slow death here, Lenny needs to go now.

14. stew37

Dearie me man, if that's all it were, you'd have a point. And I couldn't give a flying * what those mutants think.

Don't agree with any insulting Lennon, daft name calling etc, have a lot of respect for him, but haven't felt he was the man for the job for a long time and it shouldn't have come to this. Hope for his sake and everyone else's he proves me very wrong. Will steer clear of this thread for the rest of the season, think I've said enough!

MacEwan likes this.
  15. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

The last few years of this thread if any new members wish to skip a few pages.

* the rat, Lenny will help in the short term
    Yass Lenny job well done!
    * sake, in the showers of all places!
    Huns are winning this, * off Lennon.
    Yass 9 in a row, well done Lenny.
    Best window ever!
    GTF Lennon ya ginger *. Sack the board and Lawwell.

We should have stopped this scenario at point 2.

16. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

This isn’t “a few bad performances”. This is the entire season so far, we’ve had a few good performances.

It’s been coming for a long time, the signs have been there.

Artorias likes this.
  17. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

If he’d of walked after completing the season when Rodgers left us he’d of been worshiped.

18. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Totally, as I said if we stopped at point two, he and us would be in a far better place.

Still remember the euphoria of winning the treble to the deflation of hearing Lenny was appointed full time an hour later.

oh bhoy, SuperZidane and MacEwan like this.
  19. celticdawg

Absolutely sick about the way things have turned out with lenny and how its coming between fans who obviously love the club and him .
    Honestly think this is his last season regardless of how the league plays out and imo thats not a bad thing as hes proven to be limited tactically and has been baled out on numerous occasions by a bit of individual magic or last min winners , often against teams we should be hammering not struggling against !!
    The truth is he wont resign and the board wont sack him at least not until he actually loses a trophy even then i have my doubts , so despite his obvious limitations we should back him as much as possible and hope we can get on a roll domestically which should be possible given the run of fixtures we have coming up .
    Nothing will lessen our chances more if on and off the park we are divided, and even although i do think his time should be up we have to get behind him and the team, its not beyond us all to do that surely ?

20. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer gets pelters from sections of the Man Utd support and he won them a European Cup.

If you are brave enough to take on a role at a club you are a legend at then unfortunately you are judged in that role.

If you don’t like that then you shouldn’t take the job. Neil Lennon is also paid for his work in case anyone hadn’t noticed.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020