1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Exchanges

Discussion in 'Beat the Bookie' started by StPauli1916, Nov 22, 2018.

Discuss Exchanges in the Beat the Bookie area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Do many people on here use the exchanges ? If so which do you use ?

I have had Betfair and Betdaq accounts for years and mostly used Betfair. However since Paddy Power took them over some of their decisions have been pretty bad. The 20% Premium charges are a joke.

So this week I have joined Matchbook and Smarkets as well.

Does anyone have accounts on a few exchanges and if so how do you find them in terms of liquidity and customer service etc against each other ?

2. Nasser

I just use Betfair and Smarkets at the moment. I was hoping Smarkets would get more popular because of the 2% charge instead of Betfair's 5% but the liquidity is very low in the markets I like which is Boxing and MMA. I've not used the others yet but I guess it be the same with either limited market on combat sports and small liquidity. I tried to get round it and use Pinnacle on a VPN but the * wanted evidence that I live in Asia which I obviously don't have so that's no use.

3. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Matchbook is 0% til the end of the year for new customers. They asked for id. Passport n bank statement before I even joined for some reason. A little irritating but suppose it'd better to get it out of the way before you have money tied up in the accounts. Those aren't sports I bet on but I will keep an eye on the liquidity.

Nasser likes this.
  4. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    If anyone has a Betfair account. I just got an email saying any exchange bet up to £20 placed over the weekend will be refunded in full in cash. So essentially a free £20 bet.

5. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Betfair is down. Being a joke this week constantly just suspending races and football games for no reason. Their IT seems worse since PP took them over and they will end up losing customers if they don't sort it.

6. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    * Betfair down again. No idea what has been matched and what hasn't and how they will deal with it. Wanks :triplomur

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  7. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Got an email from Betdaq today. They are commission free on all soccer markets for August.

Just read the small print this is only available every weekend so from midnight Friday to midnight Sunday. Still worth doing if you are using the exchanges on a weekend though.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  8. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    I don't bet on it myself,however some of my mates do and I noticed Betdaq are commission free for all NFL bets in September/October. Good offer as I said above I did pretty much all my soccer betting with them in August when they did it.

I am not sure on the liquidity on these markets,however assuming it increases with this offer you should struggle to get better prices for your NFL picks for the rest of the month.

9. smokie899

Fav Celtic Player:
    s.brown
    what’s liquidity?

10. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    How easy it is to get your bets matched basically Smokie. So if a game is in play on Betfair and Betdaq and Betfair shows £3000 available to back at 2.3 then you want something similar on the other exchanges. if there is only £14 available at 2.28 on Betdaq and loads of people trying to back 2.3 then obviously it is going to be a lot easier to get your bets matched on Betfair.

11. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Remember queueing back in the day mate when i did matched betting . Can go wrong fairly quickly but certainly livens it up a bit too!!!:56:

Spring Time likes this.
  12. smokie899

Fav Celtic Player:
    s.brown
    ah right. Had to read that a few times, but I get it now. Here have you ever noticed ‘race to 5, 7, 9 corners’ on any of the inplay exchanges.

13. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    I don't think so I did look when you first mentioned it but couldn't find anything.

smokie899 likes this.
  14. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Betfair and Smarkets have both closed my accounts. I've always expected bookies to do that ( BET 365 have as well) but not the exchanges.

I backed Celtic to win the league as well so Betfair now owe me money. I emailed the other day and they confirmed I had won on that but didn't mention how I get to the money. Cheeky *.

Will have to ring them this week as I won that fair and square and want paying.

15. pop47

Why did they ban you...did they give you a reason?

16. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Were you cheating before?:fear:

17. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    :giggle1:...Naw. I just mean if they want to ban me that is up to them, however this trade was made months before they suspended my account or notified me of any problem so I think it should be honoured whether they close my account or not.

18. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    They have basically accused me of money laundering. They want wage slips, company records etc to prove how I can substantiate the level of trading on my account. I have told them this will not prove anything as my betting bank and my wage/other expenses/everyday life are completely separate. TBH I have a bad start to 2020 betting wise and made basic mistakes, chasing my losses etc, however I am only gambling with my profits from last couple of years. From speaking to them and 365 etc I get the impression when they look at your account they only look at the last 6 months so I have told them they need to look back further and they will see I am not gambling beyond my means.

19. pop47

Cheeky *,their a law unto themselves.

But why ban you now when your going through a bad patch since the start of the year,do you think their sharing your betting patterns with each other,like if your laying bets of through them.

20. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

that shouldn’t matter to most of them. I think it’s Money laundering laws & looking after their own licenses.
    when a losing streak happens, might be pulling it back in clean money elsewhere. When on a bad losing run.

pop47 likes this.