1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v FC Copenhagen Thursday 27th Feb 8PM BT Sport ESPN

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Feb 23, 2020.

Discuss Celtic v FC Copenhagen Thursday 27th Feb 8PM BT Sport ESPN in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TheHappyLoss

Still can’t believe that happened

2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Those opinions who matter that is.

Chavez likes this.
  3. seanm

* sake I have just looked at my hospitality ticket which my brother from Ireland bought me and my grandson.120 quid each.* that.im telling him never to do that ever again.it ain't * worth it at all.scandalous. for basically a padded seat some guy playing celtic tunes and a * scramble for a pie.plus only an hour after match ended for drinking when it took him half an hour to get to the * kerrydale bar.im old school but * that.then getting ushered out trying to finish 3 beers and getting to the toilets. And how much of this expenses is going to our * Tory boards pockets. Appalling all round imo.120 quid a ticket.just wait till he gets up for breakfast .I will thank him for it was a good night except for * Lennon the lurgan sodbuster keeping griff on the bench.no for me that's extortion plain and simple.it only reinforces my view of our Tory * board.yey capitalism.* right off Tory scum.HH COYBIG.we go again and we have the most * passionate fans in the world got bless every one of them.deserved more from lenny and the team.

4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Exactly. Some of the stuff on Twitter (and even on here) is mental, in regards to not giving a * about anything other than the 10 or another treble.

This is an embarrassment...

5. BathBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Here we go again
    So because I can see things the manager can't my opinion doesn't matter ?

6. seamus1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is your land.
    Same happened to me when we played Zenit couple seasons ago. Uncle paid £120 each so we could eat prawn sandwiches and buy expensive beer.

7. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

That’s about it Sport aye.

Chavez likes this.
  8. Conor tierney

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    That was the ultimate kick in the teeth , was pretty much resigned to defeat before that but * to throw it away 2mins after was unbearable felt like I was dreaming

9. smiddybar

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Who's gonna go through Lenny??

10. honda Gold Member Gold Member

No one. Probably saved lawell paying a bonus for an extra round.

11. wulliebad

We are one pen save away from letting in 5 goals in two games,if we do not sort that defence in the summer then someone needs sacking.

12. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Nice to see a good nights sleep has calmed you down Sean mate :56:

Aye it's a dear night out. I sometimes have to do it through work but far prefer my seat in the North Stand upper mate.

13. CountyDownFaithful

100% it’s a two way street but I never said the crowd were to blame. Just felt Parkhead didn’t feel intimidating for them at all last night. We’ve seen over the years how we can unsettle teams from pure atmosphere.

JML67 likes this.
  14. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah I agree, I think a lot of that is down to the way the board have tried to hype up these European nights. Disco lights and whatnot.

We had a few good chances first half and if one of those goes in the mood completely changes and we probably wouldn't be having these conversations today.

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  15. CountyDownFaithful

Perhaps we’ve lost a bit of authenticity with the lights. Trying to add to the spectacle but it’s actually having a detrimental effect.

Yup as well as the individual mistakes, if we took more of our chances we would have been out of sight. Edouard scored both our goals over the two legs but he really should have scored more to put it to bed earlier.

16. Venomspawn82

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    I was so sad, heartbroken, actually, that I couldn't even post anything last night.

First of all, I don't believe that Lennon made a wrong selection tbh. Jozo was always playing when we're playing 3-5-2 and this is why he was in from the start - so if needed, we can change into it without making any subs in defence. Line-up before the game was not a problem, it was how we approached the game and what tempo we tried. The only issue with the line-up was Brown starting but Lennon knows that dropping him never goes well with Celtic fans.

Second, I actually feel for Jozo. I don't buy into this pish that he is not good enough. Jack Hendry wasn't good enough but Jozo? He is NOT riding on reputation from Miller tackle. He is Boyata level and I think that is perfectly fine for a back-up CB at Celtic. A lot of people think he's not Celtic class because Jullien is making every single other CB at the club look like amateurs. Mistakes like that will happen once or twice per season even for the best CBs in the world. It's such a * shame it did happen for him last night but I thought that since he came back to playing he's been the second best CB at the club. Jozo makes one but massive error. Ajer makes 2 per game but somehow gets away with it because we got lucky and it went unpunished and because he is young. I feel for the guy. Don't think he deserves so much *.

Last thing I want to say it's mental that some fans don't care about this and say that 10 in a row is all that matters. No-one gives a * about it outside Celtic and Rangers fans and Europe should be crucial if we are to progress as a club. Why did you bother to watch if it's meaningless? We need money and world-wide recognition, not 10 in a row that will never be talked about outside Scotland. Just my opinion, though.

17. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah I think so, the hype is the fixture itself it shouldn't need any stadium effects to build up the atmosphere.

Can't believe we played them off the park in Denmark first half and only had one goal to show for it. Biggest difference for me was they were clinical and we were not.

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  18. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Ffs were blaming the lights now :56:

Fact is every single support put 100x more pressure on the players after sevco made it through. Look at the threads on here ffs. Win it, what round to draw the huns.. etc etc. That all filters to the players. No the nice shiney money saving lights.

And sumos *. Hes had his Ambrose moment and hes not recovering. He needs to move on.

19. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Copenhagen player been charged for steamrollering that plod, bit harsh

He nailed him a beauty too :56:

20. Pearse67*

Still in shock at it.

should sign that young cb to go alongside jullien, what was his name?