1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Any middle ground on here?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by TimFloyd, Dec 23, 2014.

Discuss Any middle ground on here? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TimFloyd Gold Member

So at them moment this place seems to split in two, on one hand we have the "Ronny out" brigade and on the other we have the "we are in all comps" squad.

Who will win? fight! :smiley-laughing002:

Nah, I find myself struggling to agree with both camps at the moment tbh, I do think Ronny has improved over the past few weeks thus deserves the full backing and support from all of us, I am also interested to see what kind of players he can bring in to help improve this "system" he is trying to implement. Also we are playing some nice stuff when going forward just not being clinical enough (not sure how RD can get the blame for that)

However, as I mentioned the "we are in all comps" squad, this seems to be thrown up at the first mention of any criticism related to our performances, I do think we have been very lucky in some cases and very unlucky in others but people seem to be using this line to paint the full picture when it does nothing of the sort, as defensively we are a total shambles if I'm honest and it seems people just want to ignore this fact.

tl:dr RD deserves to stay but everything ain't perfect.

Any cunto agree? :icon_mrgreen:

2. TimFloyd Gold Member

FYI if any wee snobby grammar * pipes up, I have bribed a mod to ban you at my request.:smiley-laughing002:

3. PaddyJamieson

I've been on the 'we are in all comps' side since the split, but don't consider myself to be overly optimistic. I've used that argument simply because it's factual and paints a far more positive picture of where we are and is therefore effective when debating with pessimists. Truthfully I lie somewhere in the middle, but am driven to being somewhat overly positive by some of the * I see spewed out. We have work to do, but I am happy with where we are and excited about where we can potentially go as a club under the current management.

4. wulliebad

Ronny out would be * madness.....to many spoilt * on here.

5. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

People (such as myself) who say things like "we're still in all 4 competitions after Christmas" just say it to shut people up who somehow think Ronny is 'clueless' because he came from Stromsgodset.

None of us think Ronny has been fantastic or anything, but there has been improvement since August. We're playing very well domestically.

6. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    There was always a few grumbling when Neil was in charge,but it seems total open season on Ronny,yes he's made mistakes and will continue to do so,but people are rightly pointing out we are still in 4 competitions,the only gripe I have is the 1 up front domestically

7. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    I think there is big problems with our shape. My biggest worry is that these problems have been obvious for some time and there is no sign of them getting fixed. The elephant in the room is our Mowbray-esque shape. 1 step forward 2 steps back. I also think that the manager can be inflexible and unfair to certain players.

On a positive note i do enjoy our high pressing and there has been some decent touches and moves at times. All in though i am more concerned than i am impressed.

8. Sonny7

Am on the "* the board" brigade. And have been all season. * tossers

9. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    ^^^^^ How Lawwell gets away with it i will never know

10. TimFloyd Gold Member

Yes we are in all comps and of course that's great, I seen someone mention "and so we should be" he does have a point though because Celtic it is to be expected of us whether we like it or not.

Tactically though I feel we are not where we should be but hopefully in January RD can bring in some players of his mould.

He needs to make us difficult to beat, which at them moment I feel it is one thing we are not.

11. shieldsybhoy

Ronny in. Remember how * Lennon was when he first started then he actually made some of his own signings and we became a total Euro force. Celtic always move in the same cycles. Just go through all the past managers (minus the shiters, and we would know if Ronny was a total shiter by now).

I think he's made a good start and he's brought in some decent players (Gordon, Denayer, Guidetti) and got the best out of a bunch of current players (Brown, Bitton, Johansen (some say Stokes, but I still can't see it, lol))

12. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Exactly i would like to see a game where we dont allow an SPFL team any clear cut chances. I think this is down to shape rather than personnel to be honest because the same defense was solid as a rock last season.

13. Seosamh Máirtín

I've been posting less in here lately as I'm one of the few sitting on the fence. I like Deila and think it'll work out if he gets support from the board and the fans, but I'm not sure if that'll happen.

14. shieldsybhoy

Who actually says 'Ronny out' unless its in the heat of the moment after a defeat? I haven't come across anyone who genuinely wants him to go.

15. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    I'm in the get that * defence sorted and things would be miles better camp. Sick of losing goals to our own stupid schoolboy mistakes.

We've improved a good deal in recent weeks but defensively its * me off.

I think this team can come good but really need to sort out the defence and get the attackers taking their chances.

16. TimFloyd Gold Member

Hmm I do think personnel has something to do with it, as in VVD going wandering and cutting about the opponents 18 yard box isn't doing us much favours if I'm honest.

I know RD has an attacking mentality but I would like to see some more defensive minded players brought in.

17. shieldsybhoy

cc. Ambrose & Scepovic

18. Dallas Cowbhoys

Sounds stupid, but I think most people are in the middle ground on the majority of matters

They just don't bother saying it

So you only read the two extremes

For Deila, I'm sure most agree that it's too early to say really

19. Jungo

I'm in the stop playing ambrose camp. Even if we only have ten men fit and ambrose a would rather just play way ten

And I also want to see griffiths play more

Would be good to see if ronny had a plan b also

20. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I've not seen too much of people wanting the man out the door tomorrow. A lot of folk still unsure of him, and a good few (myself included) who want to look long term and give the guy real time to bring a new style of football to us.

We would be mental to push the guy out and not give him the chance to develop our football, which could have a knock on effect.

We admire teams like united, who play youngsters and good football. But a lot of our fans seemingly don't want to give our management the chance to do the same.

For me, if we pull this off, we could have a few teams in the league truly developing Scottish football, long term that's a great thing.

Deila has my backing, there will come a time if he hits a massive dip, performances and results dont match up etc, but that time is not now